May 23, 2018, 09:08:24 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Dredging Fact or Rumor for Winter 2001-2012?  (Read 2839 times)
zfatdaddy

Ignore
« on: August 02, 2011, 01:38:57 PM »

I have a question for you VA comm. boys. Rumor has it that they are going to re-open dreding this winter, is this true or rumor?

Phil
fishingtom
In Memoriam 08/2015
Lifetime Member

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 01:42:01 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwamu.org%2Fnews%2F11%2F07%2F27%2Fvirginia_considers_banning_winter_crab_harvest_for_another_year.php%23.TjEBL0782nA.facebook&h=uAQBAYtMr
zfatdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 05:36:27 PM »

Hey dredge crab. You hope they do?
I know its tough making a living. I worked for the same company for 17 years. I came back from vacation with my family. Went to work on Monday morning and found out that they where restructing all upper managements pay scale. I went from making 200 K a year to 80K. I have learned to manage with less pay and went out and found another career @ 40.

So my point is that either find another way to supplement your income for the absent money from winter dredging or find another job?

I think the state of Virgina, Maryland, and North Carolina should pay the comm waterman for the money they are losing. I would be willing to pay a few extra bucks towards my fishing license or crabbing license.

But in now way should they open winter dredging ever again. The reports support what its done to the crabbing population over the last 30+ years.

Just my .02

Phil

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home