November 21, 2018, 11:42:08 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Female Crabs  (Read 7593 times)
Crab A Lot

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2005, 12:18:47 PM »

Crab A Lot:

I would be interested to know where you learned that Maryland females live for three years.

Felinis,

Irish answered you question http://www.blue-crab.org/lifecycle1.htm Blue Chesapeake Bay crab female average life three years. Huh Huh

Also all the crab meat sold for crab cakes,let say most of the crab meat sold is from female crabs. laugh laugh laugh

For some reason people thing the jimmy crab taste better then the female crab when they both taste the same,myself inclued I prefer male crabs for eating. Grin Grin Grin

Crab A Lot!

Chesapeake Bay Crabs are the best!!!!!!!!
Jersey_crab_girl

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2005, 12:23:32 PM »

SmokinJim,

Jim, you could try Dock Rd. there is two places to crab on  that road. You can also try Cedar Run Dock Rd. the water is a little rougher there, there is also a boat ramp. But you can crab there and I have caught crabs there before. Thats past Dock Rd. about 5 mins or so. Since your already most of the way there you could drive to Barnegat or Waretown it's about 20 mins. Crab off the bridge by the Power plant the water always warm because of the plant, in Waretown. Just make a right off of either Dock Rd. or Cedar Run Dock Rd and run straight up Rt.9. Hope I helped out some. Take care. Good luck crabbing!!
mrscharms
Lifetime Member

I REALLY LOVE crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2005, 11:55:11 PM »

Gosh, I used to live in that area..Mystic Island..but the green flies and no see ums gnats were too much for me...I couldn't take it...we moved outta there quick...now I have flies from all the chicken houses around here lol.  I guess that was a big mistake because we gave the house away..now it would be worth three or four times as much as we bought it for...that sucks!!!
CHIEF

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2005, 07:11:04 AM »

Thank you Jersey
I'll take the lil crabbers there this weekend, i tried the park at the end of green st. but nothing.
procrabber

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2005, 08:16:19 PM »

http://www.blue-crab.org/lifecycle1.htm

Scroll down to the adults section.

BCA has an adult section??? is there an age check?? wouldnt want the kids to see something they shouldnt!  Roll Eyes  Shocked

D Crabster

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2005, 08:16:59 AM »

Well-well, It's me one of the original members "D" Crabster.  Us old timers were around long before Steve started keeping track of how many posts a member had or evan rated members with stars.

Anyway to comment on what my Jersey Girl said... conservation and regulation are the key to success of crabbing as a sport or industry. 

NJ regs need to be bumped up to 5 inches at a minimum a 4.5 inch crab is not worth keeping.  I think most of us that visit this site regulate ourselves it is people who do not know that jeopardize the crabbing. 

J-girl don't be giving out our spots.  Have you been out lately ?  I am going to be in Tuckerton for a week of crabbing starting 08-14.  e-mail me !

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home