July 09, 2020, 01:44:14 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crabbing near Central Jersey?  (Read 1168 times)
ulzimate

Ignore
« on: August 28, 2011, 08:28:51 PM »

I live in Edison and love crabbing, and since I was a kid, my father's always been taking me to a tiny pier at Tom's River for crabbing. Lately it seems that the catch there hasn't been as good as before, not to mention I actually have to do the driving now (an hour to get there!), so I'm wondering if there are any other good places nearby? Maybe some place near the mouth of the Raritan River or some other place along the shore nearby?

I don't have a boat so I'd have to be doing my crabbing from land.

Thanks!
nadapesca

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 10:09:04 AM »

There are some places on the Navesink and Shrewsbury Rivers, bulkheads around the Oceanic Bridge and parks in the various towns around those rivers. There's a lot of places on Raritan Bay but there are advisories on eating crabs from those waters. Seven crabs a week or a month, I can't remember. I think that the warnings do not apply if you clean the crab before cooking but most people cook them whole, which is why  stick to the southern areas. Anyway, look at the goggle maps and you'll find areas in Long Brance, Little Silver, etc, which would be a lot closer than TR. Good luck

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home