August 23, 2019, 06:11:35 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think they may be leaving. Kent Island 10/17/11  (Read 5822 times)
Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 12:16:48 PM »

I am off Thursday and Friday this week also... not sure if I am going to go early Black Powder deer hunt or crab.. or maybe just go bass fish the local lake at this point...

May I suggest a trip to the dog park followed by visit with the groomer?    laugh laugh

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 26 & 27th, 2020
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek
cullermagic

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 12:40:12 PM »

Good lord that crabcake sandwich looks delicious
It was. I only had a few crabs from my Monday trip so I picked em out and made 5 jumbo cakes with my moms secret reciepe from when I was a kid. Have never had a better one than hers anywhere.

It's not the size of the wand, it's the magic thats in it
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 02:04:34 PM »

Mom crab cakes are the best. I always give my crab meat to my mom and it comes back so mean crab cakes.

I wish i was a crab.
KI Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 02:05:34 PM »

It was. I only had a few crabs from my Monday trip so I picked em out and made 5 jumbo cakes with my moms secret reciepe from when I was a kid. Have never had a better one than hers anywhere.

If you would share that secret recipe with us, everyone could say how good of a cook your mom was!!!! Grin Grin Grin It looks pretty darn okay good enough to eat!!
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 02:07:53 PM »

May I suggest a trip to the dog park followed by visit with the groomer?    laugh laugh

Hey Ron... SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!   Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Shocked Shocked Roll Eyes laugh laugh laugh laugh

I gotta find someone to take ChefLar's place.. he has been MIA lately.... laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

MD / PA Line

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 02:10:40 PM »

May I suggest a trip to the dog park followed by visit with the groomer?    laugh laugh

I was thinking just stay on the porch.  I haven't seen anyone with so many excuses why not to get off the porch.  Angry Angry laugh laugh laugh
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:35:10 PM by Crabbyd » Logged

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 02:15:14 PM »

Hey Ron... SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!   Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Shocked Shocked Roll Eyes laugh laugh laugh laugh

I gotta find someone to take ChefLar's place.. he has been MIA lately.... laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Computer on the blink at home. Tech support from Rajhneesh (Peggy) didn't work the other day. On the phone for an hour for nothing. Gotta find work then I'll switch over and update the s-l-o-w server at home. Nice to know I'm missed. Wink You been to the VET lately? You must be due for some kind of shots. laugh laugh laugh

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
cullermagic

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 03:08:28 PM »

If you would share that secret recipe with us, everyone could say how good of a cook your mom was!!!! Grin Grin Grin It looks pretty darn okay good enough to eat!!
Well, you start by launching your boat and catching enough crabs to steam.... Grin.

KI Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2011, 03:18:44 PM »

Well, you start by launching your boat and catching enough crabs to steam.... Grin.

Yeah, I've been known to do that..... Grin You can fast forward to the ingredient list. To make it easier on you, you can leave out the "add crab meat" part too..... laugh
cullermagic

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2011, 06:55:04 PM »

Yeah, I've been known to do that..... Grin You can fast forward to the ingredient list. To make it easier on you, you can leave out the "add crab meat" part too..... laugh
ok here ya go: 1 pound crab meat, 1 egg beaten, 2 T mayo, 1 t yellow mustard, 1.5 T Old Bay or J.O, 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper, and ITALIAN seasoned bread crumbs (just enough to hold them together). Mix all ingrediants in a bowl and be careful not to break up lump meat. Shape into patties and broil or fry until golden.

My mom always said the italian bread crumbs and green peppers made all the difference from your run of the mill cake. I like my mine slightly spicy so I also add some cayanne pepper. You can add ingrediants or subtract to suit your taste. Hope you like em!!

crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 10:02:42 PM »

That sounds almost exactly the same as my mom recipe. thumbsup Only thing different is we don't add any old bay/Jo. I usually add that when Im picking. I always put the nice yellow crab mustard in the bole too Cool
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:19:28 PM by crabbywaters » Logged

I wish i was a crab.
madcrabber1113

http://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php?action=dl

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 10:23:17 PM »

The wind is a big problem however yesterday was very calm. I only have 15 feet of line on my traps so I cant go super deep. I'm going to try again Thursday and Sunday so I hope I can find some. Below is a pic of what I did with yesterdays modest catch.
                          Man that looks amazing!
 Grin
cullermagic

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 03:19:24 AM »

That sounds almost exactly the same as my mom recipe. thumbsup Only thing different is we don't add any old bay/Jo. I usually add that when Im picking. I always put the nice yellow crab mustard in the bole too Cool
I guess all moms that know crabs cook alike!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  thumbsup thumbsup

Harford Crabber
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 05:38:57 PM »

ok here ya go: 1 pound crab meat, 1 egg beaten, 2 T mayo, 1 t yellow mustard, 1.5 T Old Bay or J.O, 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper, and ITALIAN seasoned bread crumbs (just enough to hold them together). Mix all ingrediants in a bowl and be careful not to break up lump meat. Shape into patties and broil or fry until golden.

My mom always said the italian bread crumbs and green peppers made all the difference from your run of the mill cake. I like my mine slightly spicy so I also add some cayanne pepper. You can add ingrediants or subtract to suit your taste. Hope you like em!!

Hey culler, I use almost the exact same recipe... cept I add a tablespoon of lemon juice and use ground up ritz crackers in place of bread crumbs...  But then I prefer claw meat cakes over backfin.. No doubt I'm in a minority with the claw meat!
KI Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 11:24:28 PM »

Hey culler, I use almost the exact same recipe... cept I add a tablespoon of lemon juice and use ground up ritz crackers in place of bread crumbs...  But then I prefer claw meat cakes over backfin.. No doubt I'm in a minority with the claw meat!
I think the claw meat definitely has more crab flavor than the rest of the crab. I picked several pounds of claw this season just for crab soup.

KI Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 11:26:37 PM »

I really didn't think you would give up a secret recipe on here! Thank you anyway. I will try it this winter!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home