September 26, 2021, 01:42:41 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Local river 2011-Oct-23  (Read 4241 times)
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« on: October 24, 2011, 08:20:52 AM »

Found the crabs and it was on.  Less than 30 minutes and I had enough for what I was looking for.  Most were full but not extremely pack but all were hard and dark.  They must be burying in at night because many of them had black lungs and dirty shells.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 08:25:35 AM »

Found the crabs and it was on.  Less than 30 minutes and I had enough for what I was looking for.  Most were full but not extremely pack but all were hard and dark.  They must be burying in at night because many of them had black lungs and dirty shells.

We had allot of wind and extremely high tides all this week.  There was allot of suspended silt in the water.  Crabs from my pots were dirty too.

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 11:55:12 AM »

Nice D,

are you done for the year?  it is time to hunt and rockfish I guess......  BTW, my phone didn't ring with an invite...... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Shocked laugh laugh

MD / PA Line
Night Wing

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 12:02:32 PM »

A very nice catch of crabs.

Standup Paddleboard: SUP Sports Hammer: Length 8' 11". Width: 31". Thickness: 4". Volume: 140 Liters. Weight: 17#.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 12:03:43 PM »

nice catch . great looking crabs.

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 12:22:33 PM »

Nice D,

are you done for the year?  it is time to hunt and rockfish I guess......  BTW, my phone didn't ring with an invite...... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Shocked laugh laugh

I dont think I'm done yet.  There is still plenty of time for crabbing.  I was in the woods Saturday and probably this Fri and Sat.  Maybe the water on Sunday.  This time of year, alot of the water time is for personal use instead of sales so I dont need to be out there so long.  You didnt hear the phone ring?  I let it ring about 6 times before it went to VM.  Roll Eyes  Wink

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
KI Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 02:56:34 PM »

That is the nicest looking batch of crabs I have seen this fall. Everything I've been finding up to your north has been on the white side. Out of a half basket Saturday, there was only one that looked like a October crab should. My buddy said we were gonna have to crab into December this year to get our October crabs.....
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 04:53:25 PM »

That is the nicest looking batch of crabs I have seen this fall. Everything I've been finding up to your north has been on the white side. Out of a half basket Saturday, there was only one that looked like a October crab should. My buddy said we were gonna have to crab into December this year to get our October crabs.....
I was thinking the same thing. That's one nice pile of crabs on the table. Thanks for the report.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 06:10:59 PM by crabbywaters » Logged

I wish i was a crab.
Cmoore613

I GOT A CASE OF THE CRABS!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 05:23:04 PM »

NICE CATCH. some good eatin there enjoy them
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 09:37:20 PM »

Nice job C.

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.

metallica81186

Get Er Done!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 11:07:52 PM »

good job
fred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 11:06:56 AM »

nice looking crabs Duane
TAXI CRAB
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 11:17:33 AM »

We had allot of wind and extremely high tides all this week.  There was allot of suspended silt in the water.  Crabs from my pots were dirty too.
Lets see a pic of the boat.  

A closed mouth gathers no foot.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 12:49:16 PM »

nice looking crabs Duane

thanks.  they were nice but still could have filled the shells a little more but no papershells

madcrabber1113

http://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php?action=dl

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 08:11:33 PM »

Very nice looking crabs.

flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 01:14:12 PM »

severn has plenty of them...like black bricks....just not much size to them  Embarassed

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 10:33:31 AM »

I dont think I'm done yet.  There is still plenty of time for crabbing.  I was in the woods Saturday and probably this Fri and Sat.  Maybe the water on Sunday.  This time of year, alot of the water time is for personal use instead of sales so I dont need to be out there so long.  You didnt hear the phone ring?  I let it ring about 6 times before it went to VM.  Roll Eyes  Wink

Yeah that's my life story....   laugh laugh laugh laugh

pretty work..... gonna get ramped up for deer early this year instead of the last minute scramble..... maybe a few rockfish trips in.....going rockfishing this Saturday.. we will see how it goes... maybe have a pic or two to post...... Wink

MD / PA Line

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home