Delaware's Youth Hunt 11/05/11 W Pic

Started by 1-mo-run, November 06, 2011, 09:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-mo-run

Well yesterday my son, Trae, had his first eligible youth hunt.
What a day to remember! It was cold in the morning with nothing to protect us from the wind cause we were out on the edge of the marsh. we saw a few in the am but they were  too far for a shot. Started seeing deer @ 5 but still way out of range.  Finally a doe and her 2 youngins came out of the frag @ 400 yards out and eventually made their way right to us. He showed great patience cause the 2 young ones passed literally right under the stand but he wanted to wait on the mom. Long story short, he got a shot at mom but missed and the 2 young ones hung around a little too long and he got both of them. The first one was a button buck and the second was a doe, both about 60 lbs.
There are a few things in life that we will truly remember for a lifetime, my hunt with him yesterday is one of those things for me !
Don't tell God how big your mountain is. Tell your mountain how big your God is !

genecrabman

Ron

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 25-26, 2021
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek

flounderpounder

good for him!!!! guess he settled down after the first one...lol  memories of a lifetime !!!!
" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME ";)

indoe

A 2 banger on his first hunt is hard to beat. I think you have a hunter on your hands. Good job.
Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

TAXI CRAB

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

ChrisS

Wow!!!

Great job and great story....congrats!!!
in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

1-mo-run

Thanks guys !
Just finished lunch - loins and rice !
Its GOOOOOD !
Don't tell God how big your mountain is. Tell your mountain how big your God is !

Dreampixels

Quote from: 1-mo-run on November 06, 2011, 02:39:36 PM
Thanks guys !
Just finished lunch - loins and rice !
Its GOOOOOD !

Ah Laddy becareful, I knew a guy who went home from work and ate 2 pounds of deer meat with 3 pounds of rice - didn't pass a trud for over a week and did not know why............. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

— Captain A. G. Lamplugh

ChrisS

All truth to that!!!

Ate almost a whole backstrap myself......had to go so bad but couldnt........took thirty minutes of pushing, crying and some loud grunts......but I got it out.............look like a football....professional size, not a mini either.

That hurt!
in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

TAXI CRAB

Quote from: ChrisS on November 06, 2011, 04:20:56 PM
All truth to that!!!

Ate almost a whole backstrap myself......had to go so bad but couldnt........took thirty minutes of pushing, crying and some loud grunts......but I got it out.............look like a football....professional size, not a mini either.

That hurt!
I have the opposite problem wild meat makes it happen  :toilet: :laugh:

1-mo-run

Guess I better through in some veggies for dinner ! :toilet:

1-mo-run

Quote from: TAXI CRAB on November 06, 2011, 04:38:22 PM
I have the opposite problem wild meat makes it happen  :toilet: :laugh:

No joke ! We know what camp smells like on sunday night when I make deer for dinner ! :laugh:

TAXI CRAB

A saturday night at brownies ,then some wild meat on sunday. Makes for an interesting trip to the tree stand on monday  ;D   

boater2579

That is awesome 1-mo-run !! I am going to take my Nephew this weekend for Marylands youth hunt and I hope gets one , it will be a good time no matter what!!

lefty87

Congrats, way to go! I was out with my bow yesterday, and it is safe to say the rut is on. In the morn, at my parents I rattled a spike in.  The evening on a property I have leased, I saw a monster buck trailing two does.  I tried to rattle him in bow range but he was too worried about getting tail.  I did have a small 4 pt come by before dark.  I am ready for DE shotgun!

1-mo-run

It is probably my favorite hunt of the year ! This year was my 11th consecutive year for the youth hunt. I started with my 2 nephews, then my daughter, a friend of the family last year and now my son. To see these kids, so full of anticipation and excitement, its just a really fun day. Especially when they get one!
It can be a little frustrating when you're not seeing anything or trying to get them to sit still and be quiet, but when that moment happens it's just awesome.
If you've never done it, I urge you to ask around and find a kid to take sometime. You won't regret it !
Good luck to all !

flounderpounder

its def on!!  saw 2 does come out early last night with a 17" 7 point chasin the mommy and another 4 or 6 point came out later and was chasin the little one....right before dark 4 more does came out....my rifle stand is lookin pretty good so far...had the small one in bow range but let her walk....still plenty of time left.
" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME ";)

ChrisS

When its on, that 7 pointer and those 2 little bucks will be standing on the side and watching a monster 12 point get her done!

in·teg·ri·ty   

lefty87

I took a pic of this little guy sat morn.  Did some rattling and he came noseying over.