November 13, 2019, 03:03:44 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter crabbing project?  (Read 16483 times)
Marek

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2012, 10:08:26 PM »

Ray,
  Where did you find that helm chair for your boat ? The free standin one that you had at the rear station ? Have been looking for them but cant seem to find one that has a tall enough base.
mdjohn

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2012, 10:50:34 PM »

neat

ya no those bolts have been on that trailer for 50 years
 Grin
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:02:56 PM by mdjohn » Logged
KI Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2012, 11:13:54 PM »

Looks like my chances of getting my project out on the water took a step in the right direction.  I have a really old tee nee trailer that had a busted shock. I gave it them a good soak of wd-40 and "nuts off" and was able to get them loose.  Gonna put some new ones on this weekend.  Still a lot of work to do but if I can get out on the water I'll be running lines right next to Craig's. Grin Grin Grin
I hope to be somewhere that you can run along side me. A lot of changes are coming my way, I hope being able to crab isn't one of them......if you do see me out there, keep your nuts off to yourself!
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2012, 07:03:40 AM »

Ray,
  Where did you find that helm chair for your boat ? The free standin one that you had at the rear station ? Have been looking for them but cant seem to find one that has a tall enough base.
I can't remember. I see one every now and then on CL.  It's nice but hold on when the boat rocks!

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
MetroMan

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2012, 10:06:07 AM »

I have no REAL winter project, but I did make some upgrades to my kayak for this upcoming season. I built a lithium ion (LiFePo4) battery pack to replace my traditional AGM battery. This has saved me 33lbs of weight (very important on a kayak) without sacrificing range. Aside from that, the only thing different is that I've painted my propstick...and I will be painting my floats and adding the necessary info on them to make them compliant with the law. I will also get other accessory items such as gloves and tongs. Oh...I will be doubling my trotline length. I started late last season and only ran 300' to get accustomed to this whole business. With a coupled of trips under my belt for experience, I am ready to run 600'. Looking forward to the season to start!

Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2012, 01:38:18 PM »

Sounds like you have a plan in hand, Metro Man.

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 26 & 27th, 2020
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek
MetroMan

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2012, 09:03:18 AM »

Thanks. My wife loves crabs, so the better I become at it, the more I get to go do it LOL!!!
fishingtom
In Memoriam 08/2015
Lifetime Member

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2012, 09:11:47 AM »

I have no REAL winter project, but I did make some upgrades to my kayak for this upcoming season. I built a lithium ion (LiFePo4) battery pack to replace my traditional AGM battery. This has saved me 33lbs of weight (very important on a kayak) without sacrificing range. Aside from that, the only thing different is that I've painted my propstick...and I will be painting my floats and adding the necessary info on them to make them compliant with the law. I will also get other accessory items such as gloves and tongs. Oh...I will be doubling my trotline length. I started late last season and only ran 300' to get accustomed to this whole business. With a coupled of trips under my belt for experience, I am ready to run 600'. Looking forward to the season to start!

If you get a nice pair of gloves you can do without the tongs, save you a few pounds. Wink
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2012, 09:21:40 AM »

Almost done the hard crab pots.  Enough wire for 3 more.  Going to go get a roll of peeler pot wire today.. Cool

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
MetroMan

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2012, 09:24:03 AM »

Hopefully I can score a pair at one of the upcoming flea markets

fishingtom
In Memoriam 08/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2012, 09:26:24 AM »

I got a decent pair from a crabbing supply place for about 10 bucks, cheap enough and they lasted a season +
KI Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2012, 12:12:45 PM »

Gloves and tongs just slow me down. Just give me a stick and let me at 'em!!
fishingtom
In Memoriam 08/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2012, 01:54:51 PM »

Gloves and tongs just slow me down. Just give me a stick and let me at 'em!!

At right around the 4 minute mark you will see proof of this statement...
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »

well so far this off season I have actually gotten ahead of the game.  between hunting and and th eholidays I have cleaned out my shed, garage, and now basement is almost done.. organized all my hunting, fishing, and crabbing gear and cleaned off my work bench and decoys etc too.... ( Well got a little to finish this Saturday)..... even got all the yard work done due to the mild winter thus far..... leaves cleaned up, shed and garage cleaned  etc...so gonna have little to do once the grass is ready to be cut except go trout fishing in MD, followed by trout fishing in PA followed by rockfishing and bass fishing........kinda weird to actually be ahead on things.....and now the next 6 weeks are to worse of the year, no hunting, fishing, crabbing etc just the "honey do list" so no real projects per say except to get ahead of the game... I do need to build a propstick for the new duck boat.....open to any ideas.. I am thinking I want it to be removable and be able to put it on either side of the boat....both sides have a flat washboard gunnel and large cleats it could hook or mount to......
just got get through the next 6 weeeks and it wil be time.!!!!

MD / PA Line
shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2012, 03:59:50 PM »

well so far this off season I have actually gotten ahead of the game.  between hunting and and th eholidays I have cleaned out my shed, garage, and now basement is almost done.. organized all my hunting, fishing, and crabbing gear and cleaned off my work bench and decoys etc too.... ( Well got a little to finish this Saturday)..... even got all the yard work done due to the mild winter thus far..... leaves cleaned up, shed and garage cleaned  etc...so gonna have little to do once the grass is ready to be cut except go trout fishing in MD, followed by trout fishing in PA followed by rockfishing and bass fishing........kinda weird to actually be ahead on things.....and now the next 6 weeks are to worse of the year, no hunting, fishing, crabbing etc just the "honey do list" so no real projects per say except to get ahead of the game... I do need to build a propstick for the new duck boat.....open to any ideas.. I am thinking I want it to be removable and be able to put it on either side of the boat....both sides have a flat washboard gunnel and large cleats it could hook or mount to......
just got get through the next 6 weeeks and it wil be time.!!!!

If you click on the search bar and type in propstick you will see this has been discussed before........  laugh Grin Wink Tongue

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.

Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2012, 06:17:36 PM »

LOL!

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 26 & 27th, 2020
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2012, 08:51:22 AM »

If you click on the search bar and type in propstick you will see this has been discussed before........  laugh Grin Wink Tongue

See I knew I could count on one of you to point me the right direction....  Thanks Al.....   Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry laugh laugh laugh
But it is much easier to just ask....... Roll Eyes laugh laugh

MD / PA Line
shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2012, 09:11:41 AM »

I'm disappointed, I was looking for a SHUT UP AL laugh laugh laugh.

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.
Grizzly36

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2012, 09:15:01 AM »

I do need to build a propstick for the new duck boat.....open to any ideas.. I am thinking I want it to be removable and be able to put it on either side of the boat....both sides have a flat washboard gunnel and large cleats it could hook or mount to......

I have cleats on the middle of my boat and i just zip tie a peice of PV across the boat with my PVC u shaped propstick hanging over the side. The peice across the boat stays on and i just remove the u shaped portion after each trip unless i'm doing something other than crabbing.

Trips              
Bushels          
Traps            
Trotline      
Crabs picked
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2012, 11:59:19 AM »

I'm disappointed, I was looking for a SHUT UP AL laugh laugh laugh.

ok Sorry ... SHUT UP AL!!!!!!!!!!   laugh laugh laugh laugh

can not get to prop stick until it gets a little warmer so should have it done by this Friday.....based on the weather they are calling for ....I'll wait until I uncover boat....most likely after mid to late May when bass fishing cools off some...I did get the basement cleaned and organized and all my fish, hunt, crab gear straight I am way ahead of the game for a change
kinda nice and minimal stuff outside to do too.... just got keep finding more stuff to do so I can get out of the wife's honey do lists..... laugh

MD / PA Line

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home