June 20, 2018, 01:06:37 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great South Bay-Island Princess 6/18/18  (Read 60 times)
BirdsNestKing
Supporting Member

Ignore
« on: June 18, 2018, 03:48:34 PM »

Caught 7am Fluke trip on the Island Princess outta Captree this morning to celebrate my sonís 11th B-day. Nice day on the water.....heat didnít kick in till we were back home. Lite crowd, lots of short action with flocks of slob sea robins(mate said they had one that was an honest 20inches the other day). One dogfish and a few spider and sand crabs were only variety. Finally tally:

Birthday boy had 3 decent shorts and 8 jumbo sea robins.

I had 4 micro shorts and one nice keeper......copped the boat pool and entered into the dock pool.

Cool Sight of the Day:

Mate nailing a 20inch Fluke off the back of the boat at the dock with basically a panfish pole rigged with a 1/4 ounce lead head and small gulp. 😂

Cool Sight of the Day Amended:

My son has informed me that I neglected to mention he caught half a chicken breast (old crab bait I hope 😂)

At the end of the day, it's not about how many fish or crabs you put in the cooler but about how many memories you put in your life and the lives of your "mates".
MCC CRAB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 04:17:48 PM »

Glad you got out with your son hope he enjoyed his birthday. I took my son fishing at a young age and now he lives for being on the water.
BirdsNestKing
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 05:17:14 PM »

He definitely enjoyed himself as he always does.....he wasnít happy about not pulling a keeper but was happy I won the pool and was in his glory banging the sea robins so I gather Iíve done a decent job with him so far. I started him at 2/on boats at 4 and now I always have someone to help me lug gear. 😂 My daughter started at 4 but is more interested in crabbing since thereís always something in the trap. 😂 Going to give her a shot on a short 3hr boat trip and see if that lights the spark.

At the end of the day, it's not about how many fish or crabs you put in the cooler but about how many memories you put in your life and the lives of your "mates".

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home