September 18, 2019, 05:52:00 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dock on the wye  (Read 7454 times)
saltysenior

ex-wye rat---who now C B C

Ignore
« on: June 12, 2012, 05:35:09 PM »

6/12.....3 pots off a dock by bryantown.....chicken necks....one crab in each pot every nite......slow,but nice crabs
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »

Try some clams or fish next time, necks sour quickly.

Never cared much for chicken in pots off my pier.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
crabman1969
In Memoriam 12/2013

Get out of my wheelhouse!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 05:42:07 PM »

6/12.....3 pots off a dock by bryantown.....chicken necks....one crab in each pot every nite......slow,but nice crabs
sounds illegal! Huh Huh
coggi

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 05:53:56 PM »

Que the internet police...
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 07:18:20 PM »

sounds illegal! Huh Huh

It is. But that's nothing. Saw a boat come down the creek the other day and put 2 pots off my neighbor's pier because she hasn't had a boat for years and the pier looks deserted and is sheltered from view of the house by foliage.

dfran
In Memoriam 07/2017

Labs Rule !!!!!! Crabs ain't bad either !!!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 08:10:46 PM »

Where is Bryantown?Huh Can't find it anywhere near the Wye. Only Bryantown in Md. is on the Wesern shore nowhere near the bay?HuhHuh??

Just askin Smiley Smiley Smiley
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 09:49:36 PM »

Where is Bryantown?Huh Can't find it anywhere near the Wye. Only Bryantown in Md. is on the Wesern shore nowhere near the bay?HuhHuh??

S SE of Grasonville.  Look it up on mapquest ....doesn't show on googlemaps for some reason.

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 07:50:24 AM »

Here you go Don

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/boating/pdfs/BoatingAccessInformationQueenAnnes3.pdf

Bryantown Landing
Waterbody: Wye River County: Queen Anne's
Physical Address: Bryantown Landing, Queenstown, MD 21658
Directions: MD Route 50/301 to exit 44B, merge onto Evans Road, left at Main Street (MD Route
18), right at Grasonville Cemetery Road, right at Bennett Point Road, left at Bryantown
Landing, proceed to the end.
Facility Owner/Manager: Queen Anne's County - Parks and Recreation
Phone Number(s): 410-758-0835, 410-778-4430
Website(s): www.parksnrec.org/landings-a-piers.html
Number of Ramps: 0
Soft Launch:
Fuel On Site:
Fuel Near Site:
Restrooms Available: NONE
Parking - Cars: 4 Parking - Handicap Accessible: 0
Parking Lot Size: SMALL <5
Electric Motor:
Large Boats:
Fee or Permit Required:
Parking - Trailers: 0 Parking - Handicap Trailers: 0
Comments: To use any of the Queen Anne's County public landings, a current permit must be
displayed by each vehicle. To view the public landing regulations and permit go online -
www.parksnrec.org/images/stories/landings_piers/landings/2011landingsguide.pdf
Email Address: [email protected]
Ramp Surface:
Slips for Rent:
Turnaround Area:
Trash Service:
Hours of Operation: 24 Hours
Pumpout:
Soft Launch - ADA:
Transient Docking:
Parking Lot Type: PAVED
Please note that "large boats" is intended as a general reference to ramp capacity. Generally, vessels less
than 16 feet in length are considered small and those greater than 16 feet as large.
If you have a question about this site, contact the agency responsible by using the phone number or link
provided above. Permit/launch fees can change without notice, therefore, this site will not broadcast those
costs. As always, if any of the information provided is incorrect or if there are any suggestions please
contact Lisa Gutierrez at [email protected]
TIDAL INFORMATION: www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/tides/index.asp
Click here to return to the county map: http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/boating/queenannes.asp
Click here to return to the State of Maryland Index Map: www.dnr.maryland.gov/boating/boatramps.asp
Facility Location
Facility Specifics
If you have any suggestions or corrections to this information, please e-mail them to Lisa Gutierrez at
[email protected]
Queen Anne's Page 3 of 19 Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 10:26:38 AM »

Here you go Don

Please note that "large boats" is intended as a general reference to ramp capacity. Generally, vessels less
than 16 feet in length are considered small and those greater than 16 feet as large.

Looks like more confusion - what is 16ft boat - small or large - we have less the 16ft and greater then 16ft but nothing for 16ft

Just an observation.

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

— Captain A. G. Lamplugh
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 12:21:47 PM »

Bryantown landing is off of Bennett Point road next to the Bennett Point General Store go about 3 houses down and you are there.  It use to be the second ramp on the river , but it got closed off and made into a dock / landing only.  Majority of the comms tie up there....... use to keep a skiff tied there with my brother as he lived across the street in years gone by......  store had great subs and sandwiches too.....   but no ramp landing only..... and it is on the Queen Anne side of the river so to even park there you must have a QA launch / parking permit or you will a get ticket.....  I use to perch fish to the right of the landing on the first point til they built several houses there.. that was 20 years ago I bet .......  so in relaity the only real ramp on the wye is wye landing on the talbot county side

By boat....
it is on the upper end of the main branch of the wye river.. if you came out by boat past the carmichael rd bridge then turned right at the main river and headed north ( right ) and go about 2 miles ...this landiing would be on your left back in a cove .....
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:24:40 PM by CrabDog » Logged

MD / PA Line

crabman1969
In Memoriam 12/2013

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 12:59:21 PM »

Bryantown landing is off of Bennett Point road next to the Bennett Point General Store go about 3 houses down and you are there.  It use to be the second ramp on the river , but it got closed off and made into a dock / landing only.  Majority of the comms tie up there....... use to keep a skiff tied there with my brother as he lived across the street in years gone by......  store had great subs and sandwiches too.....   but no ramp landing only..... and it is on the Queen Anne side of the river so to even park there you must have a QA launch / parking permit or you will a get ticket.....  I use to perch fish to the right of the landing on the first point til they built several houses there.. that was 20 years ago I bet .......  so in relaity the only real ramp on the wye is wye landing on the talbot county side

By boat....
it is on the upper end of the main branch of the wye river.. if you came out by boat past the carmichael rd bridge then turned right at the main river and headed north ( right ) and go about 2 miles ...this landiing would be on your left back in a cove .....
I crabbed this area for 20 years til the comm. took over this area.  Its ok on sundays when most comm. take off. Afternoons are ok. too.  The store is a plus if you need beer,ice and gas. WARNING!  I know they are there to make a living but most of the comm. in that area are not the friendliest.  Even after I towed one in that was broke down. Jimmy on the Donny Boy is good people if you can understand hillbilly talk.  I CAN!
KALknowsRAE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 01:00:02 PM »

You have to lower your boat 3 or 4 ft. into the water at that place, and that's at high tide. Not even worth the effort because you gotta haul all your stuff back up after you're all tired out from crabbing. Only 4 parking spaces and the 'General Store' up the street is just a glorified liquor store.

Crabbing: A game of pinches.
crabman1969
In Memoriam 12/2013

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 01:13:38 PM »

You have to lower your boat 3 or 4 ft. into the water at that place, and that's at high tide. Not even worth the effort because you gotta haul all your stuff back up after you're all tired out from crabbing. Only 4 parking spaces and the 'General Store' up the street is just a glorified liquor store.
[/quote Its really just a good spot to pull up and get gas then get some glorified licker!  I had a comm. come up too me there and say, Im getting tired of seeing you down here.  Thankfully I took my medication that day but I did tell him too go **** himself.  No disrespect to other comm. crabbers, understandably you are there to make a living but this indivisual was disrespectful.  I will leave it at that Ronster!
FINKSBURG CRABBER
Lifetime Member

14yr - 37 bshl - 22 trips -biggest 8.68 inch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 01:21:03 PM »

[/quote Its really just a good spot to pull up and get gas then get some glorified licker!  I had a comm. come up too me there and say, Im getting tired of seeing you down here.  Thankfully I took my medication that day but I did tell him too go **** himself.  No disrespect to other comm. crabbers, understandably you are there to make a living but this indivisual was disrespectful.  I will leave it at that Ronster!

Crabman you trying to 'Ruffle a few feathers'

You will never go broke turning a profit!!!
Stay away from STUPID, it's contagious
crabman1969
In Memoriam 12/2013

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 01:52:21 PM »

Crabman you trying to 'Ruffle a few feathers'
Who me?  Never! Grin

CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 04:25:14 PM »

Never had a problem up there , but than again my brother had married into the shore and lived there for 25 years and still does in the nearby area and we kept our skiff tied up there so most knew us and we stayed clear of their gear etc so never really an issue....... but not sure they would know me now and may not like the Dutch Navy call tag on my duck boat...  = PA registration    laugh laugh laugh

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

MD / PA Line
crabman1969
In Memoriam 12/2013

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 04:49:49 PM »

Que the internet police...
Nope 98% legal!  Just being honest.
saltysenior

ex-wye rat---who now C B C

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 08:13:01 AM »

sounds illegal! Huh Huh

but i've repented and seen the light....i used to have 6
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 08:42:10 AM »

but i've repented and seen the light....i used to have 6

I think the fine is about $125. The guy across the creek from me has about 10 - he must have gotten caught because now he just drops them next to the pier with no rope and pulls them up with a boat hook.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 09:10:02 AM »

I have a friend that does the same, he could care less about the DNR. He does it so no one cleans him out at night.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home