May 19, 2022, 08:33:06 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FLORIDA CRABS  (Read 29856 times)
Gregacy

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2006, 10:07:01 AM »

All this talk of Maryland crabs makes me want to go catch some in the Indian river lagoon.
ChiefCrab

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 05:58:37 PM »

Look at the original post, he says "Florida crabs can't compare to Md. crabs, there is no crabbing industry in Florida., etc."

I get a lot of customers in my place from Md. who like to tell me how they sure miss those Chesapeake crabs from the crab houses up there. I just smile and nod! They come into my place and say (paraphrasing here) "Well I'm from Md. and I know crabs, so I'll tell you how well you do crabs after I've eaten some." Gee, I didn't know a thing about crabs because I live in Florida but I did spend years up there crabbing the creeks I just wish I had some of that knowledge only bestowed upon Eastern Shore residents. I even get customers who tell me "People from the western shore think they know crabs but they don't."

I had a customer last Saturday night at a table of 12 people who claimed to the group that "these crabs aren't Louisiana crabs because their claws are different!" I felt like showing the Know-It-All the airbill from Southwest airlines of the 300 lbs. I shipped in that afternoon from New Orleans. What, did they move New Orleans out of Louisiana and didn't tell me?

Regards,
ChiefCrab
DocSmith

Proud of what I stand for; Careful what I fall for

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 06:09:07 PM »

ChiefCrab -

Where is your restaurant?  You can e-mail me off-line if you want.

Doc sunny

The Cruelest Creature's the Crab, with Pinchers that can Cut you and Stab! And Then, when you Dine on Crab and White Wine, it's Murder when you Pick Up The Tab!
Ray R.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 07:45:48 PM »

Gee !  Wow !!  Just finished eating a few of todays catch.  laugh laugh laugh Grin ( FLORIDA CRABS ) or were they MD crabs on a "Florida vacation" ... at Hernando Beach.  Cool

All I can say is they were heavy and good. Munch Munch Munch

SMILE .. BE .. HAPPY .. GO .. CRABBING .. AND .. THINK .. OF .. ME ..!!
crabologist
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 08:14:16 PM »

Now that is a beautiful thing ................. Hot Steamed Crabs and Cold Bud Light ................ My favorite combination !! Grin

Live To Crab And Crab To Live !!!!

R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 10:10:07 PM »

Well we steamed 1 1/2 bushels of females busting with meat tonight, but my bunch let me down, still have 1/3 bushel left, btw at 3:00 this morning i was shown 5 bushel of FLa. crabs that were 9 n 10 inches all, even i was in awe, turn these loose in the Wye and they would hunt up those Mumbos to make girlfriends out of them  Roll Eyes

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
Ray R.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 07:06:21 AM »

Hey R D !  I hope you got the GPS location from that guy.  FLORIDA Crabs must be getting bigger.  Shocked  I think they must be feeding on those large Gulf white Shrimp.  Grin  Them big Prongs  Shocked

Gregacy

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 09:58:15 AM »

Yall are killing me! I can't go crabbing untill saturday!!  Sad

Could someone please post up some pics so I can calm down till then.
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 06:21:15 PM »

i'm going to get another camara soon i hope, on my way to Titusville for 2 days, all meetings and no play time.  Cry

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
Gregacy

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 09:18:46 PM »

Maybe I will go up to T-vill on Sunday and show you what you missed.. Grin

Ray R.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2006, 01:04:20 PM »

Maybe I will go up to T-vill on Sunday and show you what you missed.. Grin

Well Huh 

Gregacy

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2006, 08:19:58 PM »

Went to one of my spots in Ft. Pierce instead but came up almost empty handed. I dropped the pot under a different bridge and it is soaking as we speak. As soon as this monsoon passes I will retrieve it.

Then I will most certainly let you know whats in the box....
slm1001

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2006, 01:06:58 PM »

hey all, just joined to find out some very important info... Im new to Hernando county and want to go crabbing.  I have gone a few times but i caught nada (well nothing worth mentioning).  I was raised in NJ and only know ocean crabbing, gulf crabbing any different?  Please can u give me a few tips cause reading all ur posts is getting me hungry.   Tongue  Thanks lots.  Grin
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 01:10:02 PM by slm1001 » Logged
Gregacy

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2006, 11:10:43 PM »

Whatever you do, don't leave your pot unattended as some arsehole will steal it like they stole mine.

Good luck! I'm sure there are plent of nice sized crabs in the golf.
leftcoastcrabber

3 inches my [arse]!! lol

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2006, 06:48:46 PM »

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences in Florida.  I'm a Maryland native, and it's true things are different here........but here's a cooler of Gulf of Mexico crabs   Grin.

Gregacy

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2006, 08:53:38 PM »

I am buying some good ole' crabs tomorrow.
spinfreak

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2006, 10:11:03 PM »

Down here in south FL (Ft Lauderdale) the blue crabs aren't as plentiful as back in NJ (or even northern FL), but you can still get enough for a couple of days. But I'll take 24/7/365 of polluted Ft Laud crabbing over 6 months of polluted NJ crabbing anytime. Grin
Gregacy

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2006, 10:45:47 PM »

AMEN!!
ro

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2006, 03:55:15 PM »

Ray were those crabs in the pic from that place you gave me a reference for in Hernando Beach?  RO
ro

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2006, 03:57:08 PM »

Where is your crab house located in Florida?   RO

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home