May 27, 2018, 03:45:57 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dividing creek crabbing regulations ???  (Read 12604 times)
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 05:35:07 PM »

Good to know.. I will be tending to my pots evey 20 mins... all 85 of them .....llol

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
CaptWilliecrab
Lifetime Member

A great way to live a day!

Willicrab Wilson Capt Williecrab

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 05:58:41 PM »

The rules you have listed apply to commercial pots   or pots crabs cannot escape from    that is why they need the number on the buoy.     In Dividing Creek   we are talking about recreational pots   pots crabs can get out of    NO commercial  pots are allowed in Dividing Creek,  several decades ago   I learned that the hard way    I learned all the rules when I picked up my commercial pot and ticket, at the Port Norris Police Barracks   they called me, obecause I had my legal number on the buoy   but they are still not allowed in Dividing Creek.   Now lets face it   the guy from the rental place B S 'd the guy  ( Big Storied )  from PA   in other works   he told him something not true    You can string your pots along the creek and drive up and down the creek checking them

No pot shall be placed in any man-made lagoon or in any marked or charted channel or in any
area designated by the Division as off limits for the commercial catching of crabs except that recreational
licensed crab pots may be fastened to a pier or other shore connected structure by a line no longer than twice the

Note:   this is talking about COMMERCIAL POTS

The cool thing about getting this ticket long long ago,  the trooper who ticketed me would find me on the creeks and start teaching me stuff about the creeks.   I was flying along around a creek bend out in the middle of nowhere,  and almost hit him head on!  He U turned around and pulled me over,  then pulled out some maps and showed me some great shortcuts and some hot spots.    He has long been retired,  but I always remember how good he was to me and all the things he taught me about the creeks.  Funny to,  a couple years ago,  a couple boat troopers pulled up in the water and asked ME directions.  HAHAHAHA 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:17:04 PM by CaptWilliecrab » Logged
tash329

Semper Paratus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 07:17:54 PM »

Most of the Troopers and Wild Life Agents are good guys. Just listen & be courteous, you'll be impressed how much info. they can supply you with.---Semper Paratus
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 10:01:55 PM »

Never seen a crabbing report from DC.. Just saying laugh I wonder if you can catch crabs in DC ?

Sure can, that's why Clinton had the secret service screen all his female visitors first....Smiley
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:04:25 PM by CrabShack » Logged

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
samiam

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 06:35:54 AM »

My bad. I had read that item as intending a statement of a general rule, not specific to Dividing Creek...
Dividing Creek is one of those waters that's off limits.

MagnumTRex
Lifetime Member

TOMCAT IV

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 10:21:02 AM »

Another point of clarification, just in case we haven't beaten this to death yet, is between Pots and Traps.  In NJ, crabs may be taken with hand lines, manually operated collapsible traps, or scoop nets without a license. Commercial style pots on the other hand require a license and have their own specific regulations.  There is no limit on how many manually operated, or collapsible type traps you use. 
adam22

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 10:32:54 AM »

I.E.

Poor guy got duped.
Dae

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2016, 12:23:23 AM »

Since reading that thread about the ridiculous limit of 150ft of trot line, I'm now wondering if one is allowed to use that short piece of line in Dividing creek...   If it's not allowed where is such a tiny line allowed?
salt hay

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2016, 03:59:12 PM »

You can't use ANY pots or trot lines in DC

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home