December 07, 2021, 01:36:13 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: #1's  (Read 3216 times)
caldog00

Ignore
« on: August 25, 2005, 12:37:13 AM »

What is the average price for a bushel of #1's in the Maryland area?
C-Hawk18

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 09:59:44 AM »

Caldog - I don't think you will find an "average". A range is more like it. I've seen them advertised this week for anywhere from $45 to $180 per bushel. I'm a little too far away from the $45 crabs but I would like to see the 1's they're selling.
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 11:01:28 AM »

Caldog - I don't think you will find an "average". A range is more like it. I've seen them advertised this week for anywhere from $45 to $180 per bushel. I'm a little too far away from the $45 crabs but I would like to see the 1's they're selling.

$45?  Jesus.  I wonder why commercial waterman can't make it anymore.  I wouldn't get out of bed for $45 Angry Angry

I know: supply/demand.  No need for that story.  Just makes me mad.  I also would like to see these so-called #1s.

Git 'r dun!
Islander
Lifetime Member

"Life is simple, its just not easy."

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 11:04:22 AM »

In Dorchester Co. they're only getting $40.00/bushel for #1s.

procrabber

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 04:46:39 PM »

im selling 1s for about 85 a bushel in the middle of baltimore

Islander
Lifetime Member

"Life is simple, its just not easy."

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 05:11:48 PM »

im selling 1s for about 85 a bushel in the middle of baltimore

PC,

You sell directly to the public, wouldn't that be considered the retail price and not wholesale?  Huh
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 05:14:54 PM by Islander » Logged

procrabber

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 08:44:03 AM »

$45?  Jesus.  I wonder why commercial waterman can't make it anymore.  I wouldn't get out of bed for $45 Angry Angry

I know: supply/demand.  No need for that story.  Just makes me mad.  I also would like to see these so-called #1s.

not so much supply and demand since demand is high, supply is low...  it is a matter of collectively screwing the crabber and the buyer.  why pay the crabber more when you can keep the money yourself?  why charge less when you created hype about how expensive crabs are since they are scarce ( when they are not)  weve all heard how low the crabs numbers are right? (not true) so you should pay more... therefore you buy fewer, therfore the supply goes up, and you can pay less for them wholesale.  lexington market is charging 20 a dozen for females right now.  the market price is 15 a bushel off the boat.  there are 8 dozen females to a bushel.  perhaps a 1000% markup?  that is BS!!!  if anyone wants to buy direct from a crabber, or crabbers want to sell direct to the public, send me an email.  if i cant get you crabs ill find you someone, please dont spend this kind of money though!

Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 08:50:30 AM »

So its the same hysteria-driven hype that has pushed gas prices so high...  thats what fuels a lot of issues in this country now.... hype... ever since 9/11.

Git 'r dun!
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 08:54:25 AM »

why charge less when you created hype about how expensive crabs are since they are scarce ( when they are not)  weve all heard how low the crabs numbers are right? (not true)

I'm not sure crabbers north of the bridge agree with that.....prices are a little higher up here and gas prices has a lot more to do with the price of crabs than availability.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
procrabber

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 09:18:12 AM »

last ive heard is potters above the bridge have been getting 10-15 bushel of 1s a day on 300 pots.  market is down to 50 above the bridge, and is soon to crash after the holiday.  those same crabs are retailing for 150 still

Crabslayer
Supporting Member

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter soon to be Java Sea

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2005, 01:35:09 PM »

I'm getting $150 for Jumbos, $120 for 1s and $75 for 2s.  However mine are quality trotline crabs.  I cull every crab as they are destined for a restaurant.  No whities nor lights, only heavy males. 

This is how it's going to go.  After I kick your A$$ i'm going to run you through the wood chipper and put you in containers in the freezer to use in my crab pots!  The really sad part?  You let an old man kick your A$$!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home