September 18, 2019, 09:32:40 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Still slow to nothing on Chester 6/22  (Read 6788 times)
crabbybob

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 08:57:22 AM »

ty pix.
zfatdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 02:47:58 PM »

"LID BUSTER BUSHEL" Grin
crabman1969
In Memoriam 12/2013

Get out of my wheelhouse!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 03:25:45 PM »

Curveball said the crabs would not be in the Chester til late July!  Should of listened to him. Wink
zfatdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 06:14:10 PM »

camp pacometh is out towards the main river. It will still be August before the creeks get good. With the lack of rain and this heat it may turn on in a couple more weeks.

I hit the Wye way up in the river system on the north side of Bennett Point where my Aunt and Uncle live on July 3rd. I ran 1200 ft  of clams and 20 traps and we caught over 4 bushel. However, we only came home with 19 crabs. 7 of those crabs where 8-9 inchers, the rest @ 5.5-6 inch.

I have never in my 30+ yrs of crabbing every seen so many 2-4 inch crabs. They are everywhere like spiders. We moved 4 times and even made a trip all the way out to the mouth of the Wye and headed north in crab alley. I have never been in Green wood Creek. We dropped 12 traps in there and had a 4 inch crab in every trap.

What a long hot morning. Called a Comm bud of mine and picked up 2 dozen pot crabs from him to go with the 19 to eat on the 4th.

Had a great holiday even though there was not the usual 2 bushels piled high on the table with the corn.

Should be a great fall.

I will be hitting the upper creeks in the chester in mid August when I get back from my annual member guest golf tourney in northern Vermont.

May all you have baskets of fatdaddy's Grin

Phil
crabman1969
In Memoriam 12/2013

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 09:17:32 PM »

camp pacometh is out towards the main river. It will still be August before the creeks get good. With the lack of rain and this heat it may turn on in a couple more weeks.

I hit the Wye way up in the river system on the north side of Bennett Point where my Aunt and Uncle live on July 3rd. I ran 1200 ft  of clams and 20 traps and we caught over 4 bushel. However, we only came home with 19 crabs. 7 of those crabs where 8-9 inchers, the rest @ 5.5-6 inch.

I have never in my 30+ yrs of crabbing every seen so many 2-4 inch crabs. They are everywhere like spiders. We moved 4 times and even made a trip all the way out to the mouth of the Wye and headed north in crab alley. I have never been in Green wood Creek. We dropped 12 traps in there and had a 4 inch crab in every trap.

What a long hot morning. Called a Comm bud of mine and picked up 2 dozen pot crabs from him to go with the 19 to eat on the 4th.

Had a great holiday even though there was not the usual 2 bushels piled high on the table with the corn.

Should be a great fall.

I will be hitting the upper creeks in the chester in mid August when I get back from my annual member guest golf tourney in northern Vermont.

May all you have baskets of fatdaddy's Grin

Phil
What close to bryantown landing around the store?

crabman1969
In Memoriam 12/2013

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2012, 09:28:14 PM »

What close to bryantown landing around the store?
Plus you drove right past me on your way out cause I was there on that day.  Got 3/4 of a bushel. Yep lots of little ones but did get some 8 inchers.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home