September 17, 2019, 12:30:32 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks to Two Commercial Guys... 7-3-12  (Read 7618 times)
Harford Crabber
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 05:43:04 PM »

Rofl, when I moved to NC from Md 26 years ago, people were saying we are going to dinner, I was confused since it was 12pm. My wife (NC girl) had to teach me the ropes of southern slan or colloquialisms :/ 
On the water crabbing however, "dinner" was a package of "nabs" or Vienna Sausages washed down with Coke or Pepsi running from one side of river to next.....no drive thru close by :x

It's not only in NC. Growing up on the Eastern Shore of MD we ate dinner around noon and supper at about 6 or 7.  The noon meal was bigger'n supper.
JJ_Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 06:33:27 PM »

Not too shabby.  There are a few folks still left in the world living by the golden rule. 
silvereagle

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 10:56:25 PM »

that is great to hear.there is still commaraderie out there,I would do the same. awesome!
Crabslayer

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter soon to be Java Sea

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 08:53:58 AM »

There is a comm that lives at Horn's Point that goes in to eat breakfast and lunch while crabbing.  One of the perks of living on the water. 

Priorities!  Grin

This is how it's going to go.  After I kick your A$$ i'm going to run you through the wood chipper and put you in containers in the freezer to use in my crab pots!  The really sad part?  You let an old man kick your A$$!!!
crab_clam

You can't catch 'em from home!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 09:17:01 AM »

Rofl, when I moved to NC from Md 26 years ago, people were saying we are going to dinner, I was confused since it was 12pm. My wife (NC girl) had to teach me the ropes of southern slan or colloquialisms :/ 
On the water crabbing however, "dinner" was a package of "nabs" or Vienna Sausages washed down with Coke or Pepsi running from one side of river to next.....no drive thru close by :x

A farmers lunch is a bag of peanuts and a coke...take a swig of coke and pour the peanuts in the coke and go....no utensils needed.

JP

CraigFos
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 12:50:34 PM »

Growing up in the south we had breakfast in the morning, lunch at noon, and supper in the evening.  Dinner was always the big meal of the day, usually in the evening on Monday through Saturday and at noon on Sunday.  We also had dinner at noon on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Craig
Life's a beach and then it erodes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home