December 04, 2020, 08:57:07 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Input on some NEW Locations I want to Crab  (Read 2160 times)
alra195

Ignore
« on: July 01, 2012, 09:40:32 AM »

All, I found the board to be an invaluable resource and I appreciate the help and all I've learned from those who contribute.

I've typically done all of my Virginia crabbing from the Great Bridges Area and generally been pretty pleased with the results.  However, I'm interested in any thoughts and opinion about the following locations and the ability to crab at these spots. I've not really seen them mentioned a possible place for public access:

Deep Creek Lock Park

Elizabeth River Boat Landing Park

Hospital Point Park

I'm not asking for anyone to give away any secrets. As stated above I'm interested in knowing if these places are accessible for crabbing with hand lines and ring traps.  Any other information or opinions are strictly optional.

Thanks, for the consideration and I look forward to what you all have to share.

Joe

« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:05:38 PM by alra195 » Logged
alra195

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 03:05:45 PM »

Well - Did my own on the ground recon of these locations and here's what I came up with:

Deep Creek Lock Park - Limited access but with the exception of the boat dock the area is open and can be crabbed.

Elizabeth River Boat Landing Park - Looks like a new bridge is going in to cross the river so currently there is no access to the site I cold find.  Maybe after the contruction is over this will be a spot to try.

Hospital Point - Very nice park with a great view of the river, however the are is posted as "No Fishing".

Joe

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home