August 21, 2019, 07:32:47 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moderators: Can you please create another subtitle: NJ Crabbing off Docks .  (Read 5223 times)
Grizzly36

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 03:12:33 PM »

I'm so sick and tired of paying so little for so much.... Roll Eyes

Trips              
Bushels          
Traps            
Trotline      
Crabs picked
Crabbin Fever
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 08:23:33 PM »

Have you been talking to my wife?     Roll Eyes

The current forum organization has been in place for years and works fine.   Unfortunately, we can't break down every parent forum into clusters of subforums to satisfy every kind of crabbing discipline, such as crabbing from a dock, from a boat, with traps, handlining, trotlining, with pots, from a canoe, etc because it would simply be too cumbersome.  

You can use the Search cell to find crabbing reports not only by putting in the word "pier" but by searching locations that are usually used for land crabbing, such as the BL Englund power plant pier, Dock Street in West Creek, Corbin City Game Preserve, etc.

If it's 'how to' question, it would already be located in the Hard Crabbing Know How section. 

If it's a question specific to crabbing to a specific area, like "how much weight do I need on my traps to crab from the Chesepeake Bay Bridge", then it would appear in the appropriate Crabbing Resources section.
RON,Well said!     thumbsup

One in the basket is better than two in the water!
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2012, 09:11:18 PM »

I'm so sick and tired of paying so little for so much.... Roll Eyes
I agree. We need a double lifetime member section  laugh

I wish i was a crab.
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2012, 09:21:18 PM »

I agree. We need a double lifetime member section  laugh

You mean like in the movie Animal House, when Dean Wormer put them on double secret probation?

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 01:53:13 AM »

You mean like in the movie Animal House, when Dean Wormer put them on double secret probation?
Exactly Grin

I wish i was a crab.

Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2012, 02:01:45 AM »

Exactly Grin

You mean like Tommy had Crabman1969 on for awhile?

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2012, 06:36:52 PM »

Moderators : Can you please create another subtitle: NJ Crabbing off Docks and piers. While i know most peopledo go crabbing off of a boat, not everyone does. I think it would be a good idea to add a section that is specifically for dedicated to the people who do their crabbing off a pier.
Please consider this.
Thank You.
It is not our call to change the forum.  It's really up to the members and then Steve's decision.  Pier crabbing is certainly different then crabbing from a boat. Maybe a section in crabbing know how.... Huh I'll past it by the Boss. 

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
Grizzly36

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 01:56:38 PM »

If it's a question specific to crabbing to a specific area, like "how much weight do I need on my traps to crab from the Chesepeake Bay Bridge", then it would appear in the appropriate Crabbing Resources section.

I'm not even concerned about weight yet.  I didnt know we could crab from the Bay Bridge.  How much line do I need? Should i use rings or traps?  Topless or enclosed.  Do the pyramids work.  Since it will be such a long toss will the bait stay in bait springs during the splashdown or should I have snoots on my traps. Would bait clips be better? What section are you crabbing in? Northside or Southside? Come on man stop holding back the info.

And so everyone knows I searched "Chesapeake Bay Bridge" for the answers (thats why its taken so long to ask) and this thread and some others about a guy named O'Malley upping the toll fee is all that came up.

Trips              
Bushels          
Traps            
Trotline      
Crabs picked
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2012, 03:16:57 PM »

I'm not even concerned about weight yet.  I didnt know we could crab from the Bay Bridge.  How much line do I need? Should i use rings or traps?  Topless or enclosed.  Do the pyramids work.  Since it will be such a long toss will the bait stay in bait springs during the splashdown or should I have snoots on my traps. Would bait clips be better? What section are you crabbing in? Northside or Southside? Come on man stop holding back the info.

And so everyone knows I searched "Chesapeake Bay Bridge" for the answers (thats why its taken so long to ask) and this thread and some others about a guy named O'Malley upping the toll fee is all that came up.

Sure you can crab from the Bay Bridge, just look out for the vehicles and jumpers.   laugh laugh

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2012, 03:24:20 PM »

laugh

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 26 & 27th, 2020
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek

danielmancari

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2012, 02:23:47 AM »

I don't own a boat, but I've rented from Dividing Creek twice this year, so that means that 99% of my crabbing has been by land.  I wouldn't change the forum, there's enough clutter as it is.  I've found posts on this site dating back 6-7 years or more about specific locations.  It's not rocket science.  Everything is laid out to be pretty dummy-proof...  Regardless of how you spell pier.  Just do a search and stop being lazy.
mdjohn

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2012, 08:38:15 AM »

I don't own a boat, but I've rented from Dividing Creek twice this year, so that means that 99% of my crabbing has been by land.  I wouldn't change the forum, there's enough clutter as it is.  I've found posts on this site dating back 6-7 years or more about specific locations.  It's not rocket science  rocket surgery.  Everything is laid out to be pretty dummy-proof...  Regardless of how you spell pier  peir.  Just do a search and stop being lazy.

Corerected - your welcome
 Grin
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:41:06 AM by mdjohn » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home