Opening day fast approaching

Started by Bdc, August 16, 2012, 08:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bdc

Hey fellow hunters...openig day of the early fall bow season is 3 weeks away here in nj. I am am nowhere near ready for the season....maybe the most unprepared ever. However, still looking forward to it. You guys ready??
Little Orca

Crabbyd

Nope, not ready at all and our season starts in less than a month in MD.  All the stands are still in the shed.  Since we have gotten new property, everything needs to be prepared and we havent gotten a thing done.  The only thing I have done is put out a few cameras and a few bags of corn.  Hoping to get down to the property this weekend and put up a few stands.

Good luck this year.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"

Bdc

Thanks you too. I just text my bait guy and they will have next week....earliest I can remember...Great for me
Little Orca

Rusty Gate

Been shooting the bow since the beginning of this month...but not as regularily as I'd like. Can't say that I'm really ready  :(   mentally I need the weather to break a bit.....it's just to darn hot and humid....hate to be out when the mosquito's are still biting....just doesn't seem right! Now late Winter Bow...I'll be ready for that....my favorite time to be out!  Good luck boys!!!

RG

lone sailor

Not anywhere close to ready either need to hang some stands asap. Did start shooting this week and got a new dropaway arrow rest put on.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

rdbeard

thanks for the reminder, time to get the crossbow out and shoot some, i won't hunt till the weather cools some.

indoe

I'm ready and can't wait. I am hunting two properties and looking to get into one more close to my house. I have a few new guys in one of the clubs and we went down to the grounds and cleared up some nice shooting lanes about a month ago. The other property is ready to hunt and I have booked rooms for opening weekend in Pocomock. Can't wait to shoot a deer this year. I did not get one last year so I need to make up for last year. Good luck everyone.
Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!

MagnumTRex

Been shooting the bow and looking forward to the season, just not quite ready for summer to end.

flounderpounder

only hunt PA for now so I still have awhile....still lots of crabs and fish to catch. did see about 25 on the way home tonight from work... cool weather has em movin
" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME ";)

ChrisS

Yeah, I'm in no rush for summer to end. Hunting season will be here soon enough and just as soon it will be over. No reason to rush it.
in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

lefty87

Countdown is 5 days for DE but it looks to be in the 90's Sat.

ChrisS

Opening day of bow, aint nothing like "red" deer.

If you shoot one, dont grab the ears!!!
in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

lefty87

Quote from: ChrisS on August 27, 2012, 09:01:20 AM
Opening day of bow, aint nothing like "red" deer.

If you shoot one, dont grab the ears!!!
Ha and got to love being in chigger country!

ChrisS

I got em last week, putting out feeders.

Not too bad, but I should have known better.

I was in flip flops
in·teg·ri·ty   

indoe

I picked up the new property by my house and it is full of deer. There are 2 8 pointers a few smaller bucks and possible a few bigger ones as well. In one picture there were 8 does feeding on some corn put out. I cant wait for the year to start. I will be switching from crabbing, hunting and fishing. Fishing this weekend, hunting next Saturday and crabbing sunday on my way home. What a week.  ;D Good luck everyone.

lefty87

Quote from: indoe on August 30, 2012, 06:18:58 PM
I picked up the new property by my house and it is full of deer. There are 2 8 pointers a few smaller bucks and possible a few bigger ones as well. In one picture there were 8 does feeding on some corn put out. I cant wait for the year to start. I will be switching from crabbing, hunting and fishing. Fishing this weekend, hunting next Saturday and crabbing sunday on my way home. What a week.  ;D Good luck everyone.
sounds like you found a nice place.  I am hunting blind this year well for now since I got cameras out late.  But stands are all set to go.  Only thing I need to do now is getting a duck blind built!

indoe

Quote from: lefty87 on August 31, 2012, 09:30:36 AM
sounds like you found a nice place.  I am hunting blind this year well for now since I got cameras out late.  But stands are all set to go.  Only thing I need to do now is getting a duck blind built!

Its my friends parents place. They always said they had deer and they kept eating their plants. I ment to ask them if I could hunt there but kept on forgetting until this year. I will be filling my freezer this year.

Bdc

Finally got out to my early bow spot and baited and got the camera up on Saturday. Was soaked head to toe after making 2 trips of 80-100 bait on my backm in the hot weather. Oh well, early season.  Bummed that I was not prepared a week earlier. These next few days are going to be really nice considering it's early september. I may try tomorrow just because the weather is going to be good. Forecasted lows the next 3 nights in south jersey in the 40s with tomorrow night being 44. wow!!
Little Orca

lefty87

That is great weather.  I was able to get everything baited early except at my rents. So i put out a lick there and sat the evening just in case something was going to come by. No luck though.  Hoping the cool weather stays.

Bdc

Looking like Wednesday or Thursday will be my first sit. Supposed to get rain tomorrow followed by a high of 70 Wednesday. Checked pile yesterday and it was destroyed. Had 215 pics on cam. Two decent bucks. However, I need a doe first in early season so that's all I'm looking for. They hit the bait the same day I put it out....in daylight hours. Also, started my other three spots for regular fall bow which starts on the 29th and moved cam to one of those three spots.
Little Orca