June 29, 2022, 07:04:47 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hows the crabbing going???  (Read 1735 times)
Alex55

Ignore
« on: September 28, 2012, 02:14:19 PM »

OK so i know its been not the greatest weather out and kids are back to school. everyone is getting more busy now a days.
trust me i know, its getting harder and harder to get out there, and soon, very soon for me its going to get even harder. but I'm going to try and get out there maybe this weekend if the weather turns around but my question is hows the crabbing going?  trying to get a new topic going here lol  Grin well good luck crabbing guys
                                                                              Alex
3 little crabbers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 06:53:37 AM »

Alex,

Very new to crabbing but trying as many places and talking to anyone I can.  We were in Clinton last week off the public dock, lots of crabs but only 2 keepers.  Hammonasset the week prior were we had better luck with the keepers but not as many in total.  We also checked out a few other spots for today's trip.  Not sure the name of the river but headed north on RT1 just past Lenny & Joe's on the right hand side there is a ice house, you will then cross over the river.  You can park on the right side of the road.  Seemed people were having better luck on the North side of the river than the South.  We are headed to Essex today were they were pulling the largest crabs I have seen.  The North side of the CT river were 95 passes over looked good a couple weeks ago.  A coworker stated her husband had luck somewhere on the South side of Madison that me be closer for you. 
Alex55

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 08:46:33 PM »

thanks for the info, im always looking for new spots and info on how to crab. i wish you the best of luck thanks again

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home