December 11, 2019, 11:08:07 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windy Day on the Wye 10/12  (Read 3161 times)
rapp414

« on: October 12, 2012, 05:09:57 PM »

Headed to the Wye with Crewstation (Mike),basically because I was desperate for someone to crab with.We arrived at the ramp around 830 and found the parking lot not full.I had a spot in mind I wanted to hit where I had done well every time I crabbed there.I also had a full report from someone else who crabs there,so we would know exactly where to lay and what not.Somehow we ended up going to a spot Mike thought would be good.There was someone there unfortunately.So he picked out another spot,it was empty and probably will be for the foreseeable future.We laid 10 traps down to see if it was any good before laying the line.It yielded 2 whole crabs.We decided to head to my spot,unfortunately it was quite a ride in the wind,I was in shorts and a sweatshirt with no coat or jacket.It ended up being a long cold brutal ride,I was getting wet,cold wind was hitting from all angles.Fortunately Mike had the sense to bring a coat.We arrived at our spot and laid 1200 ft baited with necks and dropped 20 traps.Ended up 3 hrs later with 2 nice bushels of good sized crabs,no real monsters,the biggest I got was 7 1/2 ,most were in the 6 to 6 1/2 range.Most were caught on the line,but the traps ok from time to time.All in all it ended up a great day,my first time busheling out,and I think the first time neither of us lost anything.
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 05:16:44 PM »

Man, you all did really good!! Headed there Sunday with hopes of filling a basket. Need meat for this winter. Thanks for the report.

I wish i was a crab.
rapp414

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 06:11:35 PM »

Man, you all did really good!! Headed there Sunday with hopes of filling a basket. Need meat for this winter. Thanks for the report.
Good luck,Dan
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 08:04:47 PM »

Good luck,Dan
Thanks bud. Those crabs you got look nice and dark. I bet they were packed with sweet meat.

I wish i was a crab.
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 08:10:35 PM »

Nice job and report guys.

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.

FINKSBURG CRABBER
Lifetime Member

14yr - 37 bshl - 22 trips -biggest 8.68 inch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 10:22:44 PM »

Hey Frank:

If you just started your day off listening to me (busting your chops), you would have hit two bushels in the time you wasted traveling all around the wye..   Thanks for not mentioning the location... I am hitting it sunday morning and will be banging out two bushels in about 4-5 hours.  I told you the spot is rocking..  I won't do you wrong...

Hope to catch you down there soon....

Enjoy those crabs and once again, CRABMAN and I are proud of you, and thanks for not mentioning our honey hole....

Rich.....

You will never go broke turning a profit!!!
Stay away from STUPID, it's contagious
rapp414

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 10:35:46 PM »

Hey Frank:

If you just started your day off listening to me (busting your chops), you would have hit two bushels in the time you wasted traveling all around the wye..   Thanks for not mentioning the location... I am hitting it sunday morning and will be banging out two bushels in about 4-5 hours.  I told you the spot is rocking..  I won't do you wrong...

Hope to catch you down there soon....

Enjoy those crabs and once again, CRABMAN and I are proud of you, and thanks for not mentioning our honey hole....

Rich.....My lips are sealed,Crabman wants his payoff in baked ziti,I gave him his first installment at the Wye party,thanks Rich !!!

crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 11:01:56 PM »

I remember this next July when Im dragging those " back woods dirty doublers" out of the woods laugh laugh. He wouldn't tell me either  Grin.

I wish i was a crab.
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 08:43:58 AM »

I was down on the wye Friday also.. sorry I didn't get to meet up with Frank.  I caught 1 - 1/2 basket in 2 hours or so on 30 traps... nice black crabs mostly, culled at 6 inches had one 8 incher.. finally biggest crab of the year for me......  rock star parking at the ramp lot..... ran into Capt Crab launching as I was coming in it did get fairly windy by mid morning.....  least I had the wind to my back coming in.... made for a better ride back to the dock..... water temp 62-63 so got a little more time....  I might be done for the year.....  black powder deer starts up this Thursday - Saturuday... so most likely BP deer hunt then the next 3 weekends I have to work so that probably was my last trip...... unfortunately....  Undecided  But fall has definitely arrived.....
and the water dropped almost 10 degrees from the previous Friday when I went to the Wye with HMC and got a baskt and a half but it took a bit longer...

MD / PA Line
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 05:46:14 PM »

I was down on the wye Friday also.. sorry I didn't get to meet up with Frank.  I caught 1 - 1/2 basket in 2 hours or so on 30 traps... nice black crabs mostly, culled at 6 inches had one 8 incher.. finally biggest crab of the year for me......  rock star parking at the ramp lot..... ran into Capt Crab launching as I was coming in it did get fairly windy by mid morning.....  least I had the wind to my back coming in.... made for a better ride back to the dock..... water temp 62-63 so got a little more time....  I might be done for the year.....  black powder deer starts up this Thursday - Saturuday... so most likely BP deer hunt then the next 3 weekends I have to work so that probably was my last trip...... unfortunately....  Undecided  But fall has definitely arrived.....
and the water dropped almost 10 degrees from the previous Friday when I went to the Wye with HMC and got a baskt and a half but it took a bit longer...

was 55 up north....she's startin to sing...lol

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink

rapp414

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 05:49:42 PM »

Sorry I missed you too
headbanger
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 08:45:41 AM »

I am pretty sure know where you were  Lips Sealed  but your spot is safe with me  Grin 

Nice catch and pictures Frank.  Looks like will get with you next season most likely.
crewstation
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 09:53:50 AM »

Headed to the Wye with Crewstation (Mike),basically because I was desperate for someone to crab with.

The feeling's mutual..........want to go again on Thursday?

I figure my solid netting skills might make up for the bad company.   Grin Grin

Oh, de crab, he taste so fine.
Yuh catch 'um wid a neck an' a line.
Bile de water 'til 'e good 'n hot.
Den eat de crab strait from 'de pot.

Oh, de beer, he taste so chilly.
Drinks it 'til I gets too silly.
Washin' down 'de crab an' butter.
If I doesn't fall down, I'll 'ave anudder.
rapp414

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 03:29:18 PM »

The feeling's mutual..........want to go again on Thursday?

I figure my solid netting skills might make up for the bad company.   Grin Grin
Heading there with Nick on thursday,how about friday ?
crewstation
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 08:16:54 AM »

Heading there with Nick on thursday,how about friday ?

I just saw this.  Should have b-mailed me.

Oh, de crab, he taste so fine.
Yuh catch 'um wid a neck an' a line.
Bile de water 'til 'e good 'n hot.
Den eat de crab strait from 'de pot.

Oh, de beer, he taste so chilly.
Drinks it 'til I gets too silly.
Washin' down 'de crab an' butter.
If I doesn't fall down, I'll 'ave anudder.

rapp414

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 08:30:11 AM »

I just saw this.  Should have b-mailed me.
Not this week ,those 2 2hr drives did me in ,next week Huh
FINKSBURG CRABBER
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 08:32:24 AM »

Not this week ,those 2 2hr drives did me in ,next week Huh

I cancelled due to kids drs appointments and football all weekend.   However next Sunday I will be back out.    So someone can have my spot Sunday.   

rapp414

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 08:35:06 AM »

I cancelled due to kids drs appointments and football all weekend.   However next Sunday I will be back out.    So someone can have my spot Sunday.   

Appreciate that Rich,too much driving for me,might do 1 more Wye trip then done for the year
FINKSBURG CRABBER
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 08:37:25 AM »

Appreciate that Rich,too much driving for me,might do 1 more Wye trip then done for the year

Me too one more trip.  Next Sunday ...  Shoot for that day.   

Then time to rockfish down near Solomon's island...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home