October 24, 2020, 07:40:50 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COMMENTS ADMIRATION AND BRAGGING  (Read 55003 times)
Tuarus

WOW CRABS! WHAT COULD BE BETTER OH YEAH MORE CRABS

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2005, 09:11:31 PM »

YEAH IT LOOKS LIKE AT LEAST 8 1/2"

New Britain, CT
mike2u

New London Pa.. My kids call me Mr. Krabs...

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2005, 09:12:37 PM »

Maryland.. Eastern Shore area...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 01:51:03 PM by CRABGUY » Logged
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2005, 09:14:11 PM »

THANKS!!
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2005, 10:22:00 PM »

Russ check the rotated picture, looks like a short 8 1/2"HuhHuhHuh?

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2005, 10:32:44 PM »

Russ check the rotated picture, looks like a short 8 1/2"HuhHuhHuh?
OK IM CALLING THIS AN 8 1/2"
SORRY PAPPY CRABBER JOE STILL HAS THE CURRENT RECORD

Crabbin Pappy

Crabbin' Pappy

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2005, 07:13:09 PM »

9"crab caught at Crab Alley 7/10/05 with Toppless Trap and chicken necks
Crabbin Pappy
Crabbin Pappy

Crabbin' Pappy

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2005, 09:47:13 PM »

You can plainly see the ruler at the point and the other at the 9" mark.Look in the blue color of the  leg you will see the point at the 9" mark.Where is the Question.Study it again.I didn't know what Dr. Joe Crabs problem is.If you are going the question a pic. The Crabber Joe 8 7/8 " crab sure looks like a 8 1/2" to me and others have commented on it also (Solomon).I protest your call on turning down my entry.I think you where influenced by someone else. I say let the site vote on it.You know just for get it.It's only a Crab.I know it's 9" .Crabbeer saw it.It the record holder in my book.
Crabbin' Pappy
procrabber

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2005, 10:12:59 PM »

having measured some estimated 500,000 crabs in my life, id have to say that crab is more like 8 1/4.  not trying to take sides or to knock anyones Bs but....

Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2005, 11:09:36 PM »

Maybe he used one of those special fishing rulers, that always shows the right size.

Git 'r dun!
Islander
Lifetime Member

"Life is simple, its just not easy."

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2005, 11:42:26 PM »

I think he's measuring the shadow of the point on that crab.  Grin

Crabbin Pappy

Crabbin' Pappy

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2005, 08:11:09 AM »

I have one last question and this is my last post on this subject.Why didn't you question the Crabber Joe Entry of the 8 7/8" crab.When you look at that pic.(I wish others would also)It looks like a 8 1/2" crab.Plain as day . Solomon questioned it in a post.But I guess it depends on who you know.So I suggest in future entries that the shell be sent in.Then there is no question.Because this is a prefect case where Crabber Joe's and my Entry pics. don't reflect the true size.I wish know I wish I would of kept mine to prove my point tp point.
Thank You For Your Time
Crabbin Pappy
Tuarus

WOW CRABS! WHAT COULD BE BETTER OH YEAH MORE CRABS

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2005, 10:43:50 AM »

CRABBIN PAPPY YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THE CRABBER JOES ENTRY IT DEFINITELY LOOKS LIKE 8.5".  ISLANDER WAS RIGHT WITH WHAT HE SAID ASWELL.
I think he's measuring the shadow of the point on that crab. Grin
  YOUR CRAB LOOKS LIKE 8.5" IN THE FIRST PIC AND POSSIBLY SMALLER IN THE SECOND PIC.  YOU SAID
You can plainly see the ruler at the point and the other at the 9" mark.Look in the blue color of the leg you will see the point at the 9" mark.
  THATS DEFINITLY THE SHADOW OF THE POINT.  SO THAT WILL BE MY VOTE.  8.5"

New Britain, CT
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2005, 12:32:05 PM »

Well I was going to drop this but certainly I did not want to offend Pappy and ceratinly did not call him a liar and apologize if he took it that way. But just like noone wants to be called a liar I don't like people saying I am calling them one when I DIDN'T. I commented on the picture, please don't blame me for the picture you took and submitted.  Huh Here is another view, you can clearly see that the right point is on the 8 1/4 mark on the ruler. The inverted color option distinguishes any gaps in the background. You can click on the picture (Original ) and blow it up 2x the size and it is still apparent. I don't know what you are talking about fins, it's point to point. Now sometimes the ruler moves, but 3/4" is alot to grasp. I agree with Pappy though Crabber Joe's crab clearly looks closer to 8 1/2" but there is no question it is 8 1/2" and it is bigger than the crab pappy submitted. Heavier crabs look bigger than lighter ones and fool you alot of times but the measurements speak for themselves.  Roll Eyes

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2005, 12:35:00 PM »

Now open this picture and you will see the inverted colors, the left point is clearly on the 8 1/2, their is a 2nd point past the the 8 1/2 that if you blow it up 2x the size it is a shadow of the point.

Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2005, 12:45:25 PM »

Now the oriinal leader, it appears the there is and 1/8" over on left and 1/8" off on the right. Blow it up and I say it is 8 1/2. CJ clearly has the best armor, but Russ this is you game you decide, I don't want your job, It looks like a tie from point to point. 8 1/2" Huh

mike2u

New London Pa.. My kids call me Mr. Krabs...

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2005, 07:35:45 PM »

Wow... Thats alot to take in.. My eyes are going crazy..  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
beach bum

Size matters

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2005, 11:03:43 AM »

What we need is a cheap crab caliper. It's really hard to get an ACCURATE measurement with just a tape measure.

Crabin' - Probably the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
madcrab

Say hello to my littl' friend!!

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2005, 02:01:34 AM »

Well then...I think it can be safely said that the hunt for the Maryland record crab is still on.  I will further my efforts in pursuit of this crab in the coming weeks.  I will probe the depths of the Severn, West, and Wye River's in search of this denizen of dinosauric dimensions.  I intend to succeed...so don't get in my way....or set your traps within arms distance.  That is all. Grin Cool

"...as a free man, I take pride in saying, I am a doughnut."
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2005, 08:54:39 AM »

Finally, some sense, from Beach Bum.  A tape measure can't accurately measure crabs, because of the hump of his shell, shadows, etc.  Get a square of some kind.  Or put 2 boards on a table, and adjust them until each one just hits the crab's 2 points, and then measure the SQUARE distance between the 2.  Thats how big the crab is.  Calipers would be even better, as beach bum said.

Git 'r dun!
Steve
Administrator

« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2005, 06:57:32 PM »

You can plainly see the ruler at the point and the other at the 9" mark.Look in the blue color of the  leg you will see the point at the 9" mark.Where is the Question.Study it again.I didn't know what Dr. Joe Crabs problem is.If you are going the question a pic. The Crabber Joe 8 7/8 " crab sure looks like a 8 1/2" to me and others have commented on it also (Solomon).I protest your call on turning down my entry.I think you where influenced by someone else. I say let the site vote on it.You know just for get it.It's only a Crab.I know it's 9" .Crabbeer saw it.It the record holder in my book.
Crabbin' Pappy

Pappy, it looks to me like you're mistaking the shadow of the spine (cast on a leg) instead of the spine itself. The shadow is at the 9" mark, but the actual spine is shown at the 8 1/4" mark.  Undecided
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 08:43:45 PM by Steve » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home