October 22, 2019, 02:49:18 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COMMENTS ADMIRATION AND BRAGGING  (Read 52595 times)
SHELLFISH
Lifetime Member

Formerly Bogman102

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2005, 11:46:04 AM »

I'll be in Beach Bum country next week. I'll see if I can substantiate the claim. Hey BB don't lie or stretch the truth so..........It's TRUE. Flori-duh mumbos here I come! Tongue Cool Back to good ole NSB.

Retired in paradise!
Crabber Joe
Lifetime Member

"A man's gotta know his limitations"

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »

I'll be in Bum country next week. I'll stop by Louie's have a few & see if I can substantiate the claim. Hey BB don't lie or stretch the truth so..........It's TRUE!
A Single Picture Speakes a Thousand Words and would probaly close that many mouths too!

Anytime, Anyplace JO !
SHELLFISH
Lifetime Member

Formerly Bogman102

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2005, 01:03:25 PM »

I'll let you all know!

Retired in paradise!
beach bum

Size matters

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2005, 10:24:29 AM »

CRABBER'S NAME - Beach Bum
DATE - Aug 14, 2005
WHERE CAUGHT (STATE,AND BODY OF WATER) - Indian River, New Smyrna Beach, Florida
HOW CAUGHT (METHOD, BAIT ETC) - Topless trap and chicken backs

SIZE - 7 1/2 inches

Crabin' - Probably the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
Islander
Lifetime Member

"Life is simple, its just not easy."

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2005, 02:00:41 PM »

Beach Bum,

Congratulations on your 71/2" Florida state record Blue Crab. thumbsup

That is for the smallest Blue Crab ever caught in Florida right!  Grin laugh laugh laugh

CrabstaDude
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2005, 02:56:10 PM »

ok ok guys.. Beach Bum is trying so let's give him a break. Yes, it's no 8" or better crab but the truth of the matter is that I wouldn't mind taking 7 1/2" crabs home all day long, Wye River crabs that is. I find that given size being equal from point to point, a 7" Wye River blue crab is meatier than any other 7" Blue Crab I've seen, so far. anf if this makes sense a 7" Wye Rive blue crab is bigger than any other 7" blue crab.. know what I mean? 

keep em coming Bum !!
Islander
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2005, 03:00:36 PM »

ok ok guys.. Beach Bum is trying so let's give him a break. Yes, it's no 8" or better crab but the truth of the matter is that I wouldn't mind taking 7 1/2" crabs home all day long, Wye River crabs that is. I find that given size being equal from point to point, a 7" Wye River blue crab is meatier than any other 7" Blue Crab I've seen, so far. anf if this makes sense a 7" Wye Rive blue crab is bigger than any other 7" blue crab.. know what I mean? 

keep em coming Bum !!

Dude,

You guys throw back anything under 7" anyway don't you? Huh

beach bum

Size matters

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2005, 03:20:05 PM »

keep em coming Bum !!

Man you guys are a tough crowd, what do you wanna do start weighing them too? If you really want a challenge let's see who catches the biggest crab between December and March. I'll be chowing down on fresh caught big'uns while you guys are shovelling snow. laugh4

Crabin' - Probably the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
CrabstaDude
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2005, 04:22:47 PM »

Man you guys are a tough crowd, what do you wanna do start weighing them too? If you really want a challenge let's see who catches the biggest crab between December and March. I'll be chowing down on fresh caught big'uns while you guys are shovelling snow. laugh4

you know Bum.. you have a point !!!

hey gang.. ROAD TRIP to BUM's place in January !!!! laugh laugh
Crabber Joe
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2005, 04:23:05 PM »

Good Job bum, we are tough  Cool Cool but you did initally set the bar pretty high when you said you throw anything less than 9" back, welcome to the club, you passed your hazing period bro! and its nice to see you got the camera figured out! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin   we'll lighten up on you a bit now,... Ok??  so go back to Louies and have a few on me, then enjoy another day of paradise!! laugh: laugh laugh laugh

Anytime, Anyplace JO !

CrabstaDude
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2005, 04:27:56 PM »

Dude,

You guys throw back anything under 7" anyway don't you? Huh

Islander

Maybe it's the 'New York Air' (as you stated in a previous post) or maybe it's my New York up-bringing of being more suspicious than the average person but somehow I feel that your question is disingenuous. You and I don't know each other except from the postings on this thread. a person's personality and behavior can be quite revealing over time through message boards. people who don't use curse words (as you stated in a previous post) doesn't mean they aren't throwing darts or daggers. it's just a different approach. you see, us New Yorkers tend to be more direct in our approach. we tend to put it all out on the table at once and if whatever can be worked out then great, if not, then we know where we stand. i'm not saying you and i have anything to work out, i'm just giving ya a typical New Yorker's personality. i am all for joking and horsing around and having a good time and i also know when that is not really the case.       

Like you stated for yourself in a previous post, I also have nothing to prove by posting my catches on the board. I'm a recreational crabber and enjoy the action and interaction. I'm xcited to post my experiences on this board which I think is one of the board's intent and that is to share (to some it's called bragging). I'm also xcited for my brothers and sisters who post a great catch and i respect individuals who hasn't caused harm to others (not insinuating you caused harm) and that's that ! so given my feeling that i think your question is disingenuous, i'm not going to respond. nothing against you, no harm done and I still look forward to meeting you on 9/24 as I am looking forward to meeting everyone there. It is what it is. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 04:29:32 PM by CrabstaDude » Logged
Islander
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2005, 05:45:55 PM »

Good Job bum,

welcome to the club, you passed your hazing period bro!
 we'll lighten up on you a bit now 

Dude,

Why is it that when you or CJ can take jabs at someone like BeachBum and its all good.
But if someone like myself takes a jab you guys go on the defensive? Its all in good fun.
You and CJ  have both blasted me pretty good on this board before. I've  defended myself but didn't  really take offense and you shouldn't either its nothing personal. I like the jabs.
I guess I've got thick skin. If you guys can't take the ribbing I'll ease up on you.

No hard feeling!! Grin

CrabstaDude
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2005, 07:40:49 PM »

Dude,

Why is it that when you or CJ can take jabs at someone like BeachBum and its all good.
But if someone like myself takes a jab you guys go on the defensive? Its all in good fun.
You and CJ  have both blasted me pretty good on this board before. I've  defended myself but didn't  really take offense and you shouldn't either its nothing personal. I like the jabs.
I guess I've got thick skin. If you guys can't take the ribbing I'll ease up on you.

No hard feeling!! Grin

Beach Bum took some good shots at me and NY and my crabbing style and all that jazz first and i'll admit i did return fire. the difference with that is that it felt ok with Bum. I honestly felt it was good clean fun between us. you on the other hand it doesn't feel right. like i said, i don't know you and i'm picking up negative undertones of your jabs. i suppose one can argue that it's possible the signals are coming across mis-leading on the board. in any event, i can't speak for CJ nor do i want to but show me where i blasted you on the board.  i have no problems taking shots and i can run with the best.

perhaps being an East Shore Native you don't quite take a liking to NYorkers come to your state for crabs.  You tell me.
Crabber Joe
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2005, 07:56:49 PM »

Yeah Islander whats up with the childish games, I send you a private message and then you go and forward it to seaweed, that  message was an olive branch asking you to cut it out, now I'm gonna tell you here and now cut it out with the jabs, I don't need your 2 cents added to my posts if you cannot say something positive once in a while. You wanna play games then go play with someone else, like I said in the message  you respect my post and I'll respect yours if thats not possible then please keep your jaded comments to yourself when it applies to mine and the Dudes postings.

This is a Crabbing forum and we crab and we post reports about our crabbing trips to share with the other members who seem to enjoy it, Thats what they come here for, positive reports, tips and advice, you do crab don't you?? post a report sometime or a location, or some pics of your catch, give us something at least to post a positive comment on for you, I'm not looking for a pat on the back from you or anyone else, but you could at least say something nice from time to time like everyone else then maybe we could take some of the digs in a better light.

like the Dude said you show me one post where we shot at you first!  there ain't one, we responded to your shots and I'm telling you to STOP PERIOD!   
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 08:11:27 PM by Crabber Joe » Logged

Anytime, Anyplace JO !
Islander
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2005, 10:37:38 PM »

like the Dude said you show me one post where we shot at you first!  there ain't one, we responded to your shots and I'm telling you to STOP PERIOD!   

I've looked over my posts and I think you guys are over reacting. It was all in good fun.
Like you said "it is what it is" let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.   Wink

CrabstaDude
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2005, 07:10:19 AM »

I've looked over my posts and I think you guys are over reacting. It was all in good fun.
Like you said "it is what it is" let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.   Wink

naaa Islander.. I hit the target.. your Eastern Shore Native thick skin is showing.. there is another world out here and if you venture out of your domain, you'll realize that. i'm ok with letting it go..   
Islander
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2005, 09:01:26 AM »

naaa Islander.. I hit the target.. your Eastern Shore Native thick skin is showing.. there is another world out here and if you venture out of your domain, you'll realize that. i'm ok with letting it go..

Dude,

Like you said I don't know you and you don't know me. Be careful making assumptions.
I venture out of my domain plenty. Just because I live on the shore doesn't mean I don't travel. You seem to have a level head about things, just don't make this more than it is.

As far as positive comments ( In the post Wye 8/15 ) I did tell you guys the crabs looked nice and they did. I'll admit I miss read CJ's first post about the 8+ crabs. I was busy at work and should have been more careful. As far as your 7" discussion with BB. I thought you would have played along with my comment and said "yeah we only keep 7" and up". Like I said I was joking around
I thought you knew that and everything was good. I've joked with Joe Crabs like this and he seems to get the jokes. He's never told me otherwise. I think we've cleared the air and want to let this go. What do you think?

« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 09:27:26 AM by Islander » Logged

CrabstaDude
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2005, 09:21:19 AM »

Dude,

Like you said I don't know you and you don't know me. Be careful making assumptions.
I venture out of my domain plenty. Just because I live on the shore doesn't mean I don't travel. You seem to have a level head about things, just don't make it more than it is.
As far as positive comments, I did tell you guys the crabs looked nice and they did.

looks like i struck a chord, huh? exhilarating feeling isn't it? like your comments to me about 'Poachers', 'NY Air'.. it's all in good fun per your words of wisdom.. laugh alittle bro..  laugh laugh it's still all good, ain't it? don't get all serious on me now !
Islander
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2005, 09:28:49 AM »

looks like i struck a chord, huh? exhilarating feeling isn't it? like your comments to me about 'Poachers', 'NY Air'.. it's all in good fun per your words of wisdom.. laugh alittle bro..  laugh laugh it's still all good, ain't it? don't get all serious on me now !

Good Deal !!!!!  laugh laugh laugh

I can take it!!! Grin Grin Grin

CrabstaDude
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2005, 09:31:22 AM »

good deal brother.. Truce !

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home