December 15, 2019, 02:09:22 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Awful day on the Chester 10/16  (Read 3684 times)
rapp414

« on: October 16, 2012, 03:22:23 PM »

Got to Rolphs about 8 and headed to Southeast Creek with a greenhorn crabber.We laid 600 ft baited with chicken and got 1 whole crab on 2 runs.We decided to move onto the River and headed north,huge mistake.Relaid the line in 14 ft thinking deeper would be better,it wasn't.Tried to hunt them out with traps,we set 15 traps in different depths with little to no luck in any given depth.We relaid the line in 10 ft did a few runs and a few runs of the traps and ended with a whopping 18 crabs.Very disapponting,but felt SOOOOOOOOOOO much better when Crabman called to tell me they were busheling out on the Wye,where I should have went.Then to lift my spirits even more I got a nice busting PM from Finksburg,you guys are the best !!! Oh well I deserved it,zigged when I should have zagged.
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 03:53:13 PM »

I was at the wye Sunday. They were climbing into the boat on their own. We just sat there and filled a cooler.

I wish i was a crab.
fishingtom
In Memoriam 08/2015
Lifetime Member

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 03:59:07 PM »

Got to Rolphs about 8 and headed to Southeast Creek with a greenhorn crabber.We laid 600 ft baited with chicken and got 1 whole crab on 2 runs.We decided to move onto the River and headed north,huge mistake.Relaid the line in 14 ft thinking deeper would be better,it wasn't.Tried to hunt them out with traps,we set 15 traps in different depths with little to no luck in any given depth.We relaid the line in 10 ft did a few runs and a few runs of the traps and ended with a whopping 18 crabs.Very disapponting,but felt SOOOOOOOOOOO much better when Crabman called to tell me they were busheling out on the Wye,where I should have went.Then to lift my spirits even more I got a nice busting PM from Finksburg,you guys are the best !!! Oh well I deserved it,zigged when I should have zagged.
Hold on there Buckaroo...You were invited and warned at 5 am on where to go.  Next time you need help don't call the Joker, there is only 1 dynamic duo...
rapp414

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 04:15:33 PM »

Hold on there Buckaroo...You were invited and warned at 5 am on where to go.  Next time you need help don't call the Joker, there is only 1 dynamic duo...
I screwed up big time,saved myself 30 mins of driving and it cost me big time in crabs.The Chester was great last week,I don't get it.
TAJcrabs

@tajacks10

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 04:19:06 PM »

Wow.. unfortunate... better next time

zfatdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 04:50:01 PM »

Sorry to hear that my friend. You must have had some bad "MOJO". The crabs are still way up in the creeks. They are just now moving deeper.

The chester is cranking right now. 60-80 crabs a run on 1200ft of trotline. Culled out we after throwing back small, paper, and females, we still where getting @ 30 good crabs a run. Busheled out quickly. The 2nd one was a little longer. The depths are 10 ft -14 ft. I will be back down this weekend. I hope they are all black and purple.

Better luck next time.

rapp414

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 05:16:06 PM »

Sorry to hear that my friend. You must have had some bad "MOJO". The crabs are still way up in the creeks. They are just now moving deeper.

The chester is cranking right now. 60-80 crabs a run on 1200ft of trotline. Culled out we after throwing back small, paper, and females, we still where getting @ 30 good crabs a run. Busheled out quickly. The 2nd one was a little longer. The depths are 10 ft -14 ft. I will be back down this weekend. I hope they are all black and purple.

Better luck next time.

It struck me as odd,I had a great day there just last week.There was another crabber where we were,he said he was killing them,then it just shut off.Very woerd
Point-Point

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 05:44:39 PM »

[/size hope the mojo where's off and isn't contagious. Just got the message no work looks like 5 day weekend. I'R inlet tomorrow Chester Thursday rolphs not sure maybe bogels temp is droppin. Maybe wye Friday curious of the crowd.lookin to run line or traps I'm hankerin for crabs.crazy work this summer. Love this site and communication makes me smile. Sucken down suds typing is not great but all of the secret code on another post started to convolt I need help another beer please
clueless crabber

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 06:41:19 PM »

its that time of year the crabs are heading out of rolphs, go farther down river near langford creek, the wye should be the spot this weekend

Bernie for president!
rapp414

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 06:46:43 PM »

its that time of year the crabs are heading out of rolphs, go farther down river near langford creek, the wye should be the spot this weekend
i busheled out last week on the wye,I should have gone there today

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »

Thanks for the report

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
crewstation
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 06:28:10 AM »

He who busteth balls will reap the occasional busteth himself.
                                                                                             Mike 12:1-3

Too bad about the crabs, though.

Oh, de crab, he taste so fine.
Yuh catch 'um wid a neck an' a line.
Bile de water 'til 'e good 'n hot.
Den eat de crab strait from 'de pot.

Oh, de beer, he taste so chilly.
Drinks it 'til I gets too silly.
Washin' down 'de crab an' butter.
If I doesn't fall down, I'll 'ave anudder.
rapp414

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 06:33:04 AM »

He who busteth balls will reap the occasional busteth himself.
                                                                                             Mike 12:1-3

Too bad about the crabs, though.
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
kaptinwye
Lifetime Member

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 08:20:48 AM »

Rolphs, windy 11/2 bushels.
headbanger
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 08:25:03 AM »

[dang] Frank, sorry to hear Chester didn't do well for you amigo.  Guess I have to go back this Sunday to fill the basket again.  Tongue

crabman1969
In Memoriam 12/2013

Get out of my wheelhouse!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 12:17:57 PM »

I was at the wye Sunday. They were climbing into the boat on their own. We just sat there and filled a cooler.
Thanks for telling everyone about my secret river Dan.  I am hitting the ignore button on you.  Teach me how to handline and I will forgive you. Grin
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 12:42:53 PM »

The chester is cranking right now. 60-80 crabs a run on 1200ft of trotline. Culled out we after throwing back small, paper, and females, we still where getting @ 30 good crabs a run. Busheled out quickly. The 2nd one was a little longer. The depths are 10 ft -14 ft. I will be back down this weekend. I hope they are all black and purple. Better luck next time.

Phil,

don't tell me you're catching Raven crabs   nice job...... Grin

MD / PA Line
crewstation
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 01:13:53 PM »

Thanks for telling everyone about my secret river Dan.  I am hitting the ignore button on you.  Teach me how to handline and I will forgive you. Grin

Yeah, Dan, thanks for letting the secret out.  How did you know that's where he crabs?  He's always so secretive about it.    laugh laugh laugh laugh

Oh, de crab, he taste so fine.
Yuh catch 'um wid a neck an' a line.
Bile de water 'til 'e good 'n hot.
Den eat de crab strait from 'de pot.

Oh, de beer, he taste so chilly.
Drinks it 'til I gets too silly.
Washin' down 'de crab an' butter.
If I doesn't fall down, I'll 'ave anudder.
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 01:24:19 PM »

Embarassed Embarassed I can't believe i did that, oops laugh laugh I ment the "south river"  ;DCrabman, you will never have the amazing handline skills of crabbywaters laugh Lessons will be at noon on the wye bridge laugh
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 01:26:53 PM by crabbywaters » Logged

I wish i was a crab.
FINKSBURG CRABBER
Lifetime Member

14yr - 37 bshl - 22 trips -biggest 8.68 inch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 01:57:42 PM »

Yeah, Dan, thanks for letting the secret out.  How did you know that's where he crabs?  He's always so secretive about it.    laugh laugh laugh laugh

Yeah DAN thanks for telling everyone...  Just kidding just wanted to chime in on he beating.... 

Hitting the Wye Friday, If I get this [dang] work done!!!!

You will never go broke turning a profit!!!
Stay away from STUPID, it's contagious

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home