November 12, 2019, 04:57:57 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Awful day on the Chester 10/16  (Read 3636 times)
rapp414

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 03:09:51 PM »

Where's this Wye river everyone is talking about ? Do they possibly rent boats there ?
rapp414

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 03:13:18 PM »

Sorry to hear that my friend. You must have had some bad "MOJO". The crabs are still way up in the creeks. They are just now moving deeper.

The chester is cranking right now. 60-80 crabs a run on 1200ft of trotline. Culled out we after throwing back small, paper, and females, we still where getting @ 30 good crabs a run. Busheled out quickly. The 2nd one was a little longer. The depths are 10 ft -14 ft. I will be back down this weekend. I hope they are all black and purple.

Better luck next time.

I think bad mojo is the answer,I saw a report from later in the day where the guy killed there after I left.The wierd thing is it seemed like the tide went from low to [dang] low in the time I was there.I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it
crabman1969
In Memoriam 12/2013

Get out of my wheelhouse!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 04:20:23 PM »

Where's this Wye river everyone is talking about ? Do they possibly rent boats there ?
They rent them there but you might have to rent 2 of them just incase you loose one! Grin
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 05:22:55 PM »

Yeah DAN thanks for telling everyone...  Just kidding just wanted to chime in on he beating.... 

Hitting the Wye Friday, If I get this [dang] work done!!!!

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed laugh

I wish i was a crab.
rapp414

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 06:34:28 PM »

They rent them there but you might have to rent 2 of them just incase you loose one! Grin
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh hey,I resemble that remark

CaptMoose
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2012, 02:17:09 PM »

Frank, you must have run right past us.  We were were out Tues on buddy's 19' CS, launched at 0730 from Rolph's.  We didn't go far and ended up with 2 bu.  Lots of light crabs and there was no magic depth, although we started bailing them pretty good at the start of the flood tide at 12'.  We started the day with 30 crabs/30 traps and it dropped off and was spotty around low tide, we ended pretty much the same - hot and heavy.  The line did terrible, traps were golden.  We kept only hard crabs over 5-1/2".  Biggest was 7-3/4".  Good day overall. 

Worst part was hauling the boat out on the low tide.  Those boulders in the hole at the end of the ramp busted both my buddies trailer lights out.  Then the ramp tender says that TOMORROW they are putting in the new cement pad.  Lovely, just lovely. 

23' C Hawk

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home