November 15, 2019, 07:58:51 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eastern bay area 10/18/12 final trip  (Read 2747 times)
cullermagic

Ignore
« on: October 18, 2012, 07:27:39 PM »

Went on my final trip for the season today. Against my better judgement I let my crabbing buddy talk me into going to an area we used to go to alot but hasnt been that great this year. We dropped 21 traps baited with chicken in 4-6 feet. after an hour and half we had about 15 keepers and 75 or more toss backs. we had 2 foot waves with caps out in the deeper water but we pulled everything and went out into 10 feet and fought the wind and waves.My little skiff doesnt like waves since its not very deep but we gave it a shot, ended up with 36 keepers and more juvvies than should be there this time of year.
size of keepers was legal to 6 inches and all were rock hard. Wish I had just gone to Thompson like I have been the last few weeks but what is done is done, my work schedule wont allow anymore trips but overall its been a good season. now, come on spring.... Grin Grin

It's not the size of the wand, it's the magic thats in it
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 07:48:51 PM »

Thanks for the report,enjoy your catch

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 08:03:02 PM »

Hay, at least you got a few dozen good quality crabs. Have a good off season..

I wish i was a crab.
mbrage97

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 08:05:15 PM »

I could file the exact same report from today in an unnamed EB creek, except I brought home 32.  Going solo in a 14 ft McKee I hid from the 2 + footers.
rapp414

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 08:08:08 PM »

I had a pretty harrowing ride in a 14.5 ft skiff last week.I kept thinking if my frozen hand comes off that tiller,we'd be in deep doo doo.No fun at all.

cullermagic

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 04:30:23 AM »

I had a pretty harrowing ride in a 14.5 ft skiff last week.I kept thinking if my frozen hand comes off that tiller,we'd be in deep doo doo.No fun at all.
yep, they make a great crabbing boat but definitly aint made for weather  laugh laugh laugh

stoogeman

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 05:28:12 AM »

Hey! I saw your Jeep in the parking lot yesterday, but didn't see you in your usual spot when I came back to the launch. It was a little rough crossing Eastern Bay in the morning, but we were able to find a spot out of the wind to lay our line. Where did you end up dropping your traps?
crewstation
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 06:47:30 AM »

Maybe if you didn't show up in a tank top and Speedos in 39-degree weather...........just sayin'.

Oh, de crab, he taste so fine.
Yuh catch 'um wid a neck an' a line.
Bile de water 'til 'e good 'n hot.
Den eat de crab strait from 'de pot.

Oh, de beer, he taste so chilly.
Drinks it 'til I gets too silly.
Washin' down 'de crab an' butter.
If I doesn't fall down, I'll 'ave anudder.
headbanger
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 08:00:14 AM »

Maybe if you didn't show up in a tank top and Speedos in 39-degree weather...........just sayin'.

MY EYES, MY EYES....  Cry Cry
rapp414

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 08:43:10 AM »

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh I guess I really wasn't dressed for it,I've never really claimed to be too bright.What a picture we would have been, you in your coat and long pants,me in my summer clothes

cullermagic

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 12:02:03 PM »

Hey! I saw your Jeep in the parking lot yesterday, but didn't see you in your usual spot when I came back to the launch. It was a little rough crossing Eastern Bay in the morning, but we were able to find a spot out of the wind to lay our line. Where did you end up dropping your traps?
Hey Stoogeman, I was in my usual spot set off to the sides since someone else had the center of the creek. Also, I painted my boat blue this year, it was red last year,lol. After an hour and half we pulled up everything and went around the point out in the open area towards Eastern Bay but that was insane, 2 footers bringing water in aint fun, lol. Ran a bilge pump while we were out there. laugh laugh

stoogeman

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 12:56:03 PM »

Mystery solved. I was looking for a red boat, but didn't see one. It looked like there were three or four boats working in the creek. We were lucky I guess. There weren't white caps when we headed out in the morning...and the SE winds were behind us when we buzzed in. It was our best trip yet this season...about a bushel and a half of mainly muddy bricks. Another trip for next week may be in the cards. Too bad you can't get out again....work sucks!  Sad

cullermagic

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »

Mystery solved. I was looking for a red boat, but didn't see one. It looked like there were three or four boats working in the creek. We were lucky I guess. There weren't white caps when we headed out in the morning...and the SE winds were behind us when we buzzed in. It was our best trip yet this season...about a bushel and a half of mainly muddy bricks. Another trip for next week may be in the cards. Too bad you can't get out again....work sucks!  Sad

LOL. work sucks but so does being homeless so I guess crabs have to take a back seat sometimes...lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home