September 16, 2019, 08:41:34 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommend rental boat near Bayville/Seaside for best crabbing spots  (Read 9815 times)
GotCrabs

« on: August 21, 2003, 09:02:48 AM »

I am looking to rent a boat in Barnegat Bay in the Seaside/Bayville area (I don't want to go down near the LBI area) that is closest to the best crabbing spots.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you.
Crabber Ron

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 10:22:34 AM »

I ussually go to dicks landing. The boats are a little old, and you have to get there early on the weekend, but they are ussaully very nice people and the crabbing out from there can be very good. I think they are one of the cheaper places in the area to rent a boat. If you have your own outboard, or are willing to row (as I ussually do), it can be very inexpensive. Hope this helps.

PS: go to lycos and do a search on Dicks Landing, They used to have a website.
GotCrab

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 12:52:27 PM »

Dick's no longer exists.
Crabber Ron

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 10:46:48 PM »

Geeze,

I was there last summer but have since moved to Maryland, so I havent been there this year. Thats really messed up, i had crabbed there for years.
bayrunner

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 12:46:50 PM »

good luck point is in the same area
we have been crabbing around there and doing well

SIAGONN

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2003, 09:32:10 PM »

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME IF DICKS LANDING IS STILL THERE IF NOT WERE CAN I GO CRABING IN NEW JERSEY AND WHEN IS CRABING SEASON ITS BEEN A WHILE
#1 JIMMY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2003, 09:50:12 PM »

There are not many rentals left. There is Trixies on Brennan Concourse and Good Luck Point Rentals. Dicks landing is out of business and for those who remember crabbing in its heyday Charlies Boats, Moby Dicks Boats,Beckers Boats are also gone. This is the first year in a long time when it is possible to catch a bushel in a few hours. I bagged a bushel a month or so ago in the bay but I hear that the crabbing has dropped off with smaller crabs and less keepers. Good Luck.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2003, 09:51:32 PM by #1 JIMMY » Logged
SIAGONN

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2003, 07:49:06 PM »

I USE TO GO TO DICKS LANDING CAN ANYBODY TELL ME OF ANY OTHER PLACE IN NEW JERSEY TO RENT A BOAT TO GO CRABING PLEASE Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home