June 19, 2019, 05:06:49 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chesapeake Bay Health Improves  (Read 1993 times)
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« on: January 02, 2013, 01:12:31 PM »

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WBOC/AP)- The health of the Chesapeake Bay improved slightly last year, according to a new report by the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.

The foundation announced Wednesday that underwater grasses were the only bay health indicator that worsened in 2012. Bay grasses were hurt by high water temperatures in the lower bay and heavy rains that washed sediment and pollution into local waterways. On the positive side, crabs, oysters and bay water oxygen levels improved.

http://www.wboc.com/story/20485175/chesapeake-bay-health-improves-new-report-shows

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 03:31:24 PM »

30 plus years of the "Save The Bay" Program and it's rated a 32 out of 100........After Millions or maybe even Billions of dollars in donations.............These programs really work well..... Roll Eyes
fishingtom
In Memoriam 08/2015
Lifetime Member

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 04:00:27 PM »

I bet 500,000.00 worth of bubbling systems in the 02 deprived waters of the bay would do more than all the previous years of cash spent.  If they can get more oysters to survive they will do all the clean up work.  They treat the save the bay program just like any other Gov. project.  They have to spend all the money they receive each year to assure next years funding.  It doesn't matter what they spend it on as long as it's gone.
reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 04:29:10 PM »

I bet 500,000.00 worth of bubbling systems in the 02 deprived waters of the bay would do more than all the previous years of cash spent.  If they can get more oysters to survive they will do all the clean up work.  They treat the save the bay program just like any other Gov. project.  They have to spend all the money they receive each year to assure next years funding.  It doesn't matter what they spend it on as long as it's gone.

Follow the link that Jack posted and read the whole thing. What comes down the Susky is still a very large part of the problem. You can't grow oysters in a septic tank and expect them to live for very long.
fishingtom
In Memoriam 08/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 05:27:17 PM »

Follow the link that Jack posted and read the whole thing. What comes down the Susky is still a very large part of the problem. You can't grow oysters in a septic tank and expect them to live for very long.
And we take drinking water from that Huh Huh Huh

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 06:31:08 PM »

And we take drinking water from that Huh Huh Huh

Wink..........
fishingtom
In Memoriam 08/2015
Lifetime Member