July 15, 2019, 04:20:34 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Crabs yet in the north 04-28-13  (Read 8559 times)
baycrabber1

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 10:53:08 AM »

dont buy two liscense   go to dnr and tgell them you lost your sticker n they will give you a replacement
I know it's only 5 bucks, but yet again, MD sticks it to its residents; it's the principle.  I purchase TWO bay sport decal each year (one for each of my boats) which currently include the complimentary crabbing.  Now this is no longer covered and will force me to buy yet another license.  Why didn't they just say a bay sport boat decal still includes your crabbing license? 

On another note, having that decal suffice for the license was nice because if DNR was out just doing a quick review of the river, I have seen em many times slide over towards me, see the decal, review my deployed gear and then take off to the next boat without actually stopping me.  I'm sure many have had that happen.  Now, no more of that. In order for them to know you are properly licensed, they will have to see another piece of paper.

Again, I am not complaining about 5 bucks, it's the principle.

Lastly, I have NO problem with out of state people enjoying the resources of the bay, but if they think going from $10 to $35 is going to do ANYTHING to help the congestion at the ramps and on the water, they better take another drag off that wacky weed.
Seaweed
Supporting Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 11:31:01 AM »

On the positive side it appears that they're not going to make rec's report there catch yet but i'm sure that will change.

Why is that on the positive side?  Part of the problem with MD's crab management is that they have no idea what the total catch is, and virtually no data at all from the ever-increasing recreational user group.  So IMO, the positive side would be that you need to start reporting your catch, so that we know just how many crabs are being taken.

Git 'r dun!
Donavin1976

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 05:53:05 PM »

Why is that on the positive side?  Part of the problem with MD's crab management is that they have no idea what the total catch is, and virtually no data at all from the ever-increasing recreational user group.  So IMO, the positive side would be that you need to start reporting your catch, so that we know just how many crabs are being taken.

There wasn't much about crab management in the proposal.... just mentioning turtles and the need to dig deeper into your wallet. I would happily report 0 turtles caught every season, if they truly need the data (note sarcasm). If all this state needs is data, they could collect it from guys back at that CONJESTED RAMP where they're all at apparently. OR,call down the list of baysport license holders from the dnr.  No, they'll call 7-11's and churches and the such and report they cant collect the data. Much in the same way they will tax people who aren't even living on the watershed for fertilizer they don't use, instead of taxing the fertilizer!

" ON VVVVESTERN SHORE,,,, CRAB CATCHES BOAT"

~The second amendment protects armed men, so armed men can protect the constitution~
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 06:04:01 PM »

# of licenses sold x 10 bushel a license.  Not that hard to get #'s

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, 06:23:55 PM »

Boy oh boy.  Y'all would be livid if you had to deal with the commercial fee increases that are coming, let alone an extra $10-

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other

Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 06:24:31 PM »

go tell that to tidalfish.........you'll really stir the pot with that.   laugh

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
Seaweed
Supporting Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 08:59:03 PM »

And what is that based on?  It's not based on anything except opinions and guesses, which is my point.  That's the current state of our "management".

Git 'r dun!
KALknowsRAE

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 09:04:59 PM »

It's not based on anything except opinions and guesses,
Most of FP's posts are based on opinions and guesses. laugh laugh laugh

Crabbing: A game of pinches.
jefftoleft
In Memoriam 02/2017
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 09:43:46 PM »

I would like to see the  results of the rec.survey I have been reporting my catch for at least 3 years I would like to see what gets reported.

You will always catch more crabs with a DOT.NET than a DOT.COM

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home