October 24, 2020, 04:10:41 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best crab catch?  (Read 13779 times)
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2013, 02:48:42 PM »

Thanks King.  I've become hesitant to talk about it after the looks I get when I bring it up.   laugh
Grin my pleasure Bro..the water is depleted of oxygen due to algea blooms...the crabs cant breathe..so they crawl up to breathe  Wink Smiley

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2013, 02:51:01 PM »

Thanks King.  I've become hesitant to talk about it after the looks I get when I bring it up.   laugh
OMG

Digger you are thanking the the King.. next thing you know he wil be calling you a pinhead and making you bow dow to pay homage to his royal Dingaling

Just trying to look out for you..... 

MD / PA Line
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2013, 02:57:42 PM »

OMG

Digger you are thanking the the King.. next thing you know he wil be calling you a pinhead and making you bow dow to pay homage to his royal Dingaling

Just trying to look out for you..... 
                                                                                            brood

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2013, 02:59:36 PM »

brood

wow something got your goat KC...   Shocked Shocked Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Undecided laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh Cool

MD / PA Line
Clam Digger

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2013, 03:01:14 PM »

I think I'll stay out of this one  laugh

kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2013, 03:04:05 PM »

I think I'll stay out of this one  laugh
Grin Hey Digger..YOU STARTED THIS  Angry Angry Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin... Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Grin Grin

Clam Digger

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2013, 03:06:26 PM »

Grin Hey Digger..YOU STARTED THIS  Angry Angry Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin... Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Grin Grin

Stir the pot and then run for cover.  Wink
Grizzly36

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2013, 03:06:50 PM »

Around '78 or '79 we were out trolling for rock North of the bay bridge in a 17' bowrider when we came across a line of crabs on the surface about 10' wide and as far as the eye could see to the South.  We had no crabbing gear in the boat so we used the fishing net to pull in a net full, which was fun to get the crabs out of, dumping them in the bow and sorting carefully with a pair of lock jaw pliers.  Probably had a bushel in 15 minutes or so.

I've searched and searched and have never been able to find any information on crabs doing this and I've never met of anyone else who's ever seen it or heard about it.

Has anyone on here ever heard about something like this happening?

I swear I'm not crazy.

I DEMAND PICS Angry Angry

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Trips              
Bushels          
Traps            
Trotline      
Crabs picked
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2013, 03:07:36 PM »

yeah exactly KC,  look out digger here comes the tag team   laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

the King and his Royal Hound.....   laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

and no comments from the peanut Gallery please on that one ( crabbyD )   Angry Angry laugh laugh laugh laugh

MD / PA Line
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2013, 03:19:52 PM »

Stir the pot and then run for cover.  Wink
Angry listen Digger ...are ya there....HuhHuh....Doctor said I gots 10000 miles of nerves in me body...that's a lot... Shocked..and you're gratin on every single mile  Angry Angry Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Clam Digger

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2013, 03:25:22 PM »

Angry listen Digger ...are ya there....HuhHuh....Doctor said I gots 10000 miles of nerves in me body...that's a lot... Shocked..and you're gratin on every single mile  Angry Angry Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

So I'm starting to fit in then?   Lips Sealed
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2013, 03:32:42 PM »

Grin Grin Grin yea ..if you consider yerself a Pinhead..yea  Grin Grin...lot of that goin on round here  Angry Grin..Da King has declared an edict  deal2 deal2 deal2 Clam Digger has been promoted to da ranks of Pinhead  Grin Grin Grin...I christen thee(bow and wit a touch of me dipnet on the right shoulder,then the left)...you are now a Pinhead..welcome  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2013, 03:35:45 PM »

I think that was the fastest induction to the Pinhead kingdom ever.. Nicely Played Digger....  laugh laugh laugh laugh

MD / PA Line
Clam Digger

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2013, 03:38:08 PM »

From what I understand, being christened with the King's dipnet could be life threatening!
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2013, 03:42:03 PM »

From what I understand, being christened with the King's dipnet could be life threatening!
What?  Grin bein christened wit da net is like Excalibur Cheesy

kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2013, 03:43:26 PM »

and ifn ya don't like it..here ya are  Angry Grin

CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2013, 03:52:48 PM »

in your dreams ..  more like getting poked in the eye with a sharp stick my friend...

MD / PA Line
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2013, 04:03:01 PM »

in your dreams ..  more like getting poked in the eye with a sharp stick my friend...
Grin its obvious ta me ..you cant and never will ,,understand Da Power Of Da Net  dozey smoking..it surrounds us..it enthraws us...it creates a being with The Crab  Grin..ohm..ohm...it encompasses all that the MUMBO is... Cheesy Cheesy..ah ..im talkin to a Pinhead  Angry goin out tomorrow to be one and the same wit Da Mumbos  Grin Grin Grin

rossmann10

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2013, 06:30:39 PM »

As a kid hand lines were always fun off piers with a dozen keepers or so. Not so great but I was happy. Now I'm new to the trot line so my best is four dozen 6" to 7.5" last Saturday and they were mostly good and packed. Not so great compared to most of you seasoned crabbers but it sure made me happy.
crabwalker

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2013, 09:52:55 PM »

Labor Day Weekend 2003 on Cape Cod was one of my best times: Quality not Quantity.

3 king Jimbos: 7", 7 1/4", 7 1/2"

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home