September 21, 2019, 11:45:03 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Willing to TRADE Dungeness and Red Rocks for Blues...  (Read 11740 times)
msmaggie

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2005, 09:16:39 PM »

Anyhow if any of you head up this way be sure to let me know.  We crab ALL winter, (though you will have to bundle up) and while I didn't head out to catch dungeness today we had a grand time!
msmaggie

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2005, 09:19:39 PM »

Nope, out of the wye river freezer in my basement, have about 6lbs or so  vac-packed for the winter. Meat is as fresh as the day they were caught! Grin  Joe's sauce crabs are the bomb, tried it twice this year.   

Ahh haaa!  Well then, I may stop by when I visit my parents on X-Mas!  (be warned though...  6 pounds isn't enough..  may have to bring some with me from the other coast!)  Thank you very much!
msmaggie

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2005, 09:25:22 PM »

Also, I hope you don't mind another crabber posting on your forum.  As soon as I get a couple of bucks I will give to this site. 

I've REALLY enjoyed reading all your posts, just don't know where to post.  After all...  there is no Miscellanous crab board here.  WONDERFUL board.  You've already given me hours of pleasure.  Thank you.
JIMMYCRAB

GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2005, 10:07:24 PM »

WOW!!!  NICE JOB.    ST is right crabs is crabs , and crabbers are a special breed. WELCOME ABOARD!! Winter crabbin sounds like fun.  Half the folks on this board (Myself included) would cut a hole in the ice and drop a trap if they thought there was a crab to be caught. Thanks for the pics ___JC
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 11:01:07 PM by JIMMYCRAB » Logged

Smoked carp tastes just as good as smoked salmon .....when you don't have any smoked salmon.
msmaggie

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2005, 11:39:41 PM »

One word Maggie, BEAUTIFUL!! Grin Grin  It is great to see how the other coast does it.  I loved all of your pics and could see that you screened your bait in your trap to keep the seal away!!  Simply awesome! Wink  Heading out tomorrow am with joe crabs,  going to try to get some 8+ big boys.  Thanks again for some wonderful photos. P.S. a crab is a crab in my book, we will have to talk to steve and create a dung, red crab section for the west coast.  seeya ST

Good LUCK!  Hope you catch wonderful ones that I will peek at on the forum and drool over.  Thanks!  Please oh PLEASE when you see Joe crabs, have him send me his pasta sauce recipe!  Ever since I saw the pics of his demolished, (after he finished cooking), kitchen I've been having dreams of eating 'em!.  (the crabs, not joe....     Undecided)

I generally either cook what we have out here after cleaned either with the following:

1.  Just drawn butter, a loaf of bread, salad and a chocolate something for dessert OR

2. Grilled in garlic and butter with a loaf of bread Salad and a chocolate something for dessert OR

3.  Crab cakes stuffed in a loaf of bread, with salad and a chocolate something for dessert...

Grin
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 11:49:49 PM by msmaggie » Logged

msmaggie

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2005, 11:41:52 PM »

WOW!!!  NICE JOB.    ST is right crabs is crabs , and crabbers are a special breed. WELCOME ABOARD!! Winter crabbin sounds like fun.  Half the folks on this board (Myself included) would cut a hole in the ice and drop a trap if they thought there was a crab to be caught. Thanks for the pics ___JC

Hey, thanks for the kudo's!  Hope you got my e-mail.  Will call you tomorrow and zip out some FREE CRABS for you.  Look forward to speaking with you.
Islander
Lifetime Member

"Life is simple, its just not easy."

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2005, 10:50:46 AM »

Fantastic pics Maggie!! I agree with Summertop and Jimmycrab, we'll have to talk to Steve and create a dung, red crab section for the west coast.  Wink Thanks for sharing your crabbing techniques with us, I found it very interesting.  Cool

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home