August 19, 2018, 10:59:18 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just finished reading...  (Read 3298 times)
Hawgscaldr

Ignore
« on: February 27, 2003, 05:07:46 PM »

...all these new post Steve put up. How depressing. A real dose of reality when you hear the numbers on crabs are in decline all along the coast.

How are the crabs doing up in D-Bay and Jersey ?

Undecided
NJ Grasshopper

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2003, 05:48:05 PM »

The only observation I have from Southern NJ is talking to a local wholesaler for Clams, Crabs, Lobsters, etc. They say that this winter they are getting a normal amount of ---- and good quality Crabs from ----- the Clam Dredgers. Saw some tow weeks ago that looked REAL GOOD. I just wasn't about to pay with a couple packs od frozen cakes in my freezer. Maybe in April when I'm REALLY wanting some.

Come on warm water!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NJ Grasshopper

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2003, 05:53:38 PM »

Just finished Steve's post regarding Carolina ----
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HEADLINE: Fishermen's Actions against Blue Crabs Prompt Talk of Carolina Crackdown

BYLINE: By Patricia Smith Heupel

BODY:
More commercial fishermen are trapping blue crabs in inland waters where recreational fishermen usually drop their lines, persuading state officals to consider limiting the crab harvest.

High salinity levels from dry weather in 2002 caused large male blue crabs, or "jimmies," to go farther up rivers and creeks than usual, and commercial fishermen followed them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come to think of it, I live on the 'boundry' for salt/fresh water on a "normal" year. This last year ----- we had salt way up river from us. The commercial trappers were out in force here and from what my neighbors say - this was the first time in a long time. It was nice for me though, I normally have to go down river 4 - 5 miles and this last year I could catch them off my dock!!!!!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home