December 15, 2019, 06:19:37 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crowded Day on the Chester - 7/14 - w/a Few Pics  (Read 6069 times)
crewstation
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2013, 09:01:55 AM »

Set out at 400 am with captain Bubba (Dad) and daughter, 8-year-old master crabber Mikayla, to get traps in the water by 630 am.  Arrived to see 8 or 9 trucks at the landing, which is very unusual for this spot.  It was a sign.  I've never seen so many boats working one small area.  The good news is everyone must have been catching, because it sure seemed like a friendly bunch out there.  More dockside talk, on-the-water conversation, and waving than I'm used to seeing on that "other" river.   Roll Eyes ::)Spread the traps out in 3 lines of 10 traps each and moved them 10 at a time until we found some slow but steady action.  Finished up at noon-thirty with close to a bushel of big, but not so rusty, crabs.  Plenty of crab for the crew.  All in all a great day, which was made even better when my daughter, after pulling traps all morning, power-washed the boat when we got home and then helped clean the entire catch after I steamed them.  What a trooper.  She's been with me when I crab with Rapp, so she probably thinks doing all the work is part of being on someone else's boat.  laugh laugh laugh laugh Final count - 61 crabs.   Can't wait to get back out there.

1 - The crew.
2 - First mate working her butt off.
3 - The reward.
4 - Still smiling after a long morning.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 09:03:36 AM by crewstation » Logged

Oh, de crab, he taste so fine.
Yuh catch 'um wid a neck an' a line.
Bile de water 'til 'e good 'n hot.
Den eat de crab strait from 'de pot.

Oh, de beer, he taste so chilly.
Drinks it 'til I gets too silly.
Washin' down 'de crab an' butter.
If I doesn't fall down, I'll 'ave anudder.
soggybottomboyz

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 09:10:27 AM »

Looks you guys had a great time.  Love it when the kids are enjoying the outdoors!!

"I am the reason there is a daily limit and I do not use orange plastic baskets ALL the time".
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 09:14:21 AM »

Real nice looking crabs CS! Great pics.. looks like the master crabber is having a good time. One the way to where I was crabbing. People were not waving and a few guys just flipped us the bird for no reason laugh laugh

I wish i was a crab.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 09:18:14 AM »

great catch , great report , and great pictures

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Crabpecker

Black hair over 8"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 09:28:06 AM »

Awesome job , good for you all and thanks for the report on people just being civil.  Good to hear!

If your gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough--- Dad

Night Wing

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 09:43:27 AM »

Nice report and photos. The kids will remember trips like these for the rest of their lifetimes.

Thanks for sharing.

Standup Paddleboard: SUP Sports Hammer: Length 8' 11". Width: 31". Thickness: 4". Volume: 140 Liters. Weight: 17#.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 beautiful girls.........and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 10:37:10 AM »

Great job.  she's a real trooper and will remember these days for a long time.  Nothing better than a kid enjoying the spoils of the land and staying out of trouble.   Smiley

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
max2599

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 12:18:43 PM »

Crewstation: What a wonderful report and pictures.  That's totally awesome that you enjoyed a day of crabbing with your 8 year-old daughter. There is nothing better than enjoying a day on the water with those you love.  What is also great is that there were a lot of friendly folks all around crabbing. This was a memorable day for you on many accounts! My son and I enjoyed crabbing Chester River last summer and are excited to give the beautiful Chester River and Wye River another go next week during our vacation!

Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 12:25:37 PM »

Awesome report, pics, day, you name it. WTG

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 12:34:55 PM »

Grin nice crabs and report CS... Grin great pics  Grin and Im sure that lil"Angel " of yours did a terrific job of cleanin da boat  Grin  next time..after a glimpse of you,maybe she outta powerwash you  Grin Grin Grin Grin just sayin  Grin Grin Grin

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker

crewstation
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 12:42:39 PM »

laugh laugh laugh king...she tried Grin Grin  some things is just too ugly to try and pretty up.  mad

kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 12:48:21 PM »

laugh laugh laugh king...she tried Grin Grin  some things is just too ugly to try and pretty up.  mad
Grin nah CS..yer daughter is beautiful...she really is...reminds me of when mine was little...she was a trooper too...but they grow up fast bro..glad to see you spending time with her..good thing to see  Wink Smiley rick

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker
crewstation
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 12:53:56 PM »

grow up fast...you got that right  stupid  my oldest is tall as me and going to high school this year and I swear I was calling him "peanut" just a few weeks ago.

rapp414

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 01:52:04 PM »

WTG Mike and of course my little crabbing girlfriend Mikayla !!! So Mike ,now you're saying when I crab with you guys,you'll do all the work,pay for everything,then she'll clean my boat ? AWESOME
crewstation
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 01:59:18 PM »

WTG Mike and of course my little crabbing girlfriend Mikayla !!! So Mike ,now you're saying when I crab with you guys,you'll do all the work,pay for everything,then she'll clean my boat ? AWESOME

She did a pretty good job of it, too.  The pressure washer almost knocked her off her feet when she pulled the trigger.  Then she got right to it.  No "re-do" necessary.

kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 02:09:16 PM »

She did a pretty good job of it, too.  The pressure washer almost knocked her off her feet when she pulled the trigger.  Then she got right to it.  No "re-do" necessary.
Grin Hey CS..you know Frank?  aka rapper 414?..well now..aint this sumpthin.. Cheesy..gotta tell ya CS..ol 414 been gittin down wit da rappers in da hood....he be gittin his groove on.. Grin Grin  gonna bring his "Superfly" outfit to da wye party Grin Grin Grin..wat it is bro?..be gone too long..they be hangin low an to da left...say wat?...I heard dat  Grin Grin Grin Grin

crewstation
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 02:18:26 PM »

you got da wrong guy, kc Huh Huh da frank I know ain't got no groove.  laugh laugh if he wears a superfly outfit to the Wye party, i'm out.  in fact, I don't appreciate the visual.   knife makes me want to stab my eyes out.

always hangin' high and to da right.....and always smilin' Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin makes people wonder what's up.

kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 02:23:20 PM »

you got da wrong guy, kc Huh Huh da frank I know ain't got no groove.  laugh laugh if he wears a superfly outfit to the Wye party, i'm out.  in fact, I don't appreciate the visual.   knife makes me want to stab my eyes out.

always hangin' high and to da right.....and always smilin' Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin makes people wonder what's up.
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin caught ya talkin on da flip side Bro  Grin I can dig it  smug maybe me an you show da 414 wat its like.. Grin he aint got no groove..we aint gotta move  Grin..

Mutzy crab man
Lifetime Member

9-1/8th 7-31-08 Wye

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 02:28:21 PM »

Super great job Mike.....Take my advice..Stay away from those guys. Grin Grin laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Outta the river an into my pot...FUHGEDDABOUDIT..
headbanger
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 02:34:59 PM »

well done and thanks for the pics.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home