August 26, 2019, 03:00:31 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unbelievable!  (Read 3595 times)
Crabby Captn John

Ignore
« on: July 18, 2013, 10:00:03 PM »

I've had 3 pots stolen this year and quite a few emptied. Last week I had 2 pots at the end of the string emptied and one stolen. Returning the other day a buoy was spotted in the middle of the ICW over 1 1/2 miles from my string. It was not there on the way down, had not been there for days and suddenly it appears. Guess a tourist just 'borrowed' it for his vacation.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 10:31:35 PM »

That stinks . every dog has his day , he will get his .

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 11:26:24 PM »

Or it was drug by a boat..

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 10:24:18 AM »

That stinks . every dog has his day , he will get his .

thanks Tat.. I am still waiting for my day to come   laugh laugh laugh laugh

MD / PA Line
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 11:30:33 AM »

keep waiting . patient is a virtue.

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 12:10:57 PM »

I've had 3 pots stolen this year and quite a few emptied. Last week I had 2 pots at the end of the string emptied and one stolen. Returning the other day a buoy was spotted in the middle of the ICW over 1 1/2 miles from my string. It was not there on the way down, had not been there for days and suddenly it appears. Guess a tourist just 'borrowed' it for his vacation.

I am assuming you're a commercial fisherman? If your area is open to shrimpers it's possible that some of those pots are being dragged by trawlers. Could be if also in a or close to channel boats are snatching them on the pass (dragging) Also, if you area has a tidal change or a current, your line might be too short and in coming tide or current sucks the buoy along dragging the pot, especially true if no irons or using pencil irons. Too many possibilities and yes there is always thieves amongst us all, including commercial guys. 

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
Crabby Captn John

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 07:27:57 PM »

I am assuming you're a commercial fisherman? If your area is open to shrimpers it's possible that some of those pots are being dragged by trawlers. Could be if also in a or close to channel boats are snatching them on the pass (dragging) Also, if you area has a tidal change or a current, your line might be too short and in coming tide or current sucks the buoy along dragging the pot, especially true if no irons or using pencil irons. Too many possibilities and yes there is always thieves amongst us all, including commercial guys. 
Far from the channel on the ICW. No one goes in the area except jet skis and small boats. Jet skis hit the buoys and nothing happens. No way a boat could drag a pot that far-- not a straight line. No shrimpers work the area. Close to vacation rental houses with docks. Locals cannot afford those houses. Never has happened except during tourist season.
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 07:55:39 PM »

I have dragged a pot a good distance, both in my crabbing boaty and on a sailboat. Sailing the buoy and line was around the rudder, oddly, came about to head next leg, the buoy popped up. Dragged it from Hubs Rec (Pungo Creek) to right off Wades Point marker. At least over 4 miles, never knew it was there. But anything is possible. Like I said sometimes currents can drag them especially if line is too short, the buoy alone can float a pot with no irons on it. [dang] dingbatters Cheesy

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 07:59:16 PM »

Or it was drug by a boat..
lol that is my excuse, I was drugged by the boat...hence why I spent all day way from the house lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home