October 15, 2019, 10:40:20 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Posting a Location really draw people to it ?  (Read 16505 times)
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2013, 06:48:34 PM »

Yes it does.. Heck after a report i have 10 bmails wondering where ive been., :/. Those that know me  know where im at. Thats all that matters.

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2013, 06:52:11 PM »

Yes it does.. Heck after a report i have 10 bmails wondering where ive been., :/. Those that know me  know where im at. Thats all that matters.

Without Crab-O-Flauge on their boat, they couldn't catch them at your location anyway.   

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 26 & 27th, 2020
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013, 07:02:25 PM »

Without Crab-O-Flauge on their boat, they couldn't catch them at your location anyway.   

True.. Very true. laugh laugh

crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2013, 07:19:20 PM »

The elusive Black Crab Cove,we're gonna need moonshine to get the location out of dan
Moonshine, two big girls, a straw, and a rubber hose. I may talk then laugh laugh

I wish i was a crab.
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2013, 07:20:37 PM »

Frank I am a very perceptive person. I have the location to black crab Cove Wink)
You may think you have the location Grin

I wish i was a crab.

FenwayRick

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2013, 07:55:11 PM »

I look at depths rather than locations. I crab the Tred 9 out 10 times anyway. I gotta nice calm cove that gets over looked and parking is never a problem.
rapp414

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2013, 07:59:56 PM »

I look at depths rather than locations. I crab the Tred 9 out 10 times anyway. I gotta nice calm cove that gets over looked and parking is never a problem.
Thats my point,most people go where its familiar to them,the depth thing is good,and how far up the bay they've come,but I go to my same spots
FenwayRick

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2013, 08:13:31 PM »

I will never understand why so many people go to the Wye! parking stinks and you never get your spot unless you get there at 0 dark 30
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2013, 08:14:11 PM »

I will never understand why so many people go to the Wye! parking stinks and you never get your spot unless you get there at 0 dark 30

Yea. I dont get it either :/

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2013, 08:31:34 PM »

I love the Wye , beautiful river .

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 08:39:43 PM »

We only go there in October. Its much less crouded and its beautiful then. I love the Wye, but its not worth fighting those crouds this time of year.

I wish i was a crab.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 08:41:13 PM »

go at noon time , not as crowded,

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 08:44:57 PM »

I will never understand why so many people go to the Wye!

Tradition.   It's like the Fenway Park of crabbing.   ;-)

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 26 & 27th, 2020
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek
rapp414

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 08:51:27 PM »

I think they're the best tasting crabs I've ever had,and I just love the river,it's a beautiful area with some great houses on it,and I really enjoy looking at architecture.I'm able to crab during the week,and I've had some days I've had to make a long walk,but generally do ok.That being said I also like the Chester,and this year I had hoped to do some exploring and find some out of the way,not so crowded places,but it hasn't happened yet
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2013, 09:03:47 PM »

I think they're the best tasting crabs I've ever had,and I just love the river,it's a beautiful area with some great houses on it,and I really enjoy looking at architecture.I'm able to crab during the week,and I've had some days I've had to make a long walk,but generally do ok.That being said I also like the Chester,and this year I had hoped to do some exploring and find some out of the way,not so crowded places,but it hasn't happened yet
That is true Frank. They are the best tasting crabs on earth. Its a tradition for my dad and I to close our season there. We usually hit the Wye the second week of October, and go till we get skunked. We were out there in super storm sandy last fall. Caught one crab and called it a year.

I wish i was a crab.

rapp414

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2013, 09:07:29 PM »

That is true Frank. They are the best tasting crabs on earth. Its a tradition for my dad and I to close our season there. We usually hit the Wye the second week of October, and go till we get skunked. We were out there in super storm sandy last fall. Caught one crab and called it a year.
I remember you hitting there last year,Dan.Is it far for you guys? You go by boat ?
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2013, 09:53:07 PM »

I remember you hitting there last year,Dan.Is it far for you guys? You go by boat ?
If we go mid or late summer, we put in at crab alley or the narrows (20 mins drive to ramp) We go across the eastern bay on the boat and go up the Wye. Late fall we hit the ramp on the Wye, that's about 35 mins drive.

I wish i was a crab.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2013, 12:28:42 PM »

For some......Absolutely YES and you can read posts right on this sight that starts out with......  "After reading about....., we decide to try......"  For others, they have their rivers and spots and are happy with that. 

Frank, How many rivers have you tried because you read something on here about it?  I think all of us that are adventerous have done it at least once or twice.....  Wink

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
tugcapt

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2013, 01:03:02 PM »

I read posts in general, not for location but to decide if it's worth going or not, whether to take extra bait, crowds, or quality of crabs, etc.  I was looking at OC reports because I am going down there on vacation next week, just to see how people are doing, not so much for location.
I prefer to crab in one general area, 20 minutes from my driveway to ramp. If my spot is taken, I find another, no big deal.

Honorary Chesapeake Spudman
Grizzly36

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2013, 01:17:41 PM »

I have my old stand byes and will pretty much stick to those.  I use reports from the surrounding areas as a way to juge wether or not i should go and where I should go.  Mostly i just go to the closest place in order to maximize my time on the water.

I think a good report from a popular place will get a few more boats on that body of water, especially if the reporter is reputable or has PICS. You still have to find the crabs tho.

Trips              
Bushels          
Traps            
Trotline      
Crabs picked

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home