September 19, 2019, 05:14:15 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Narrows 8-6  (Read 7793 times)
Fredsloft

Ignore
« on: August 08, 2013, 04:23:22 AM »

30 Traps with cn soaked in a special Marinade. Started after baiting traps but finding someone was right where we wanted to go.  So off with the back up plan which we didn't have. Layed a few traps well can't go here to close to another crabber. Then the heck with it pulled and got away from everyone so our start was 30 minutes or so late. Tide was just from slack to out going when we started. Normal results but good since we never crabbed this area. First bushel of real nice crabs by 9 figured we won't get many more. Then the next run looked down 2nd bushel was half full in one run. Ended with Just shy of 2 bushel really closer to 1 and 3/4 but wow what nice crabs. Maybe measured 8 or so crabs, good sign we did have some very small ones. Those that almost drop through the wire. Back to the truck for the beloved drive up 695. The water temp dropped 3 degrees since last week. Crabs were not as shallow as the week before but then again tide was different. Honest it has been years since we seen crabs of this size in numbers. Last year small was the order of the day. (That was not a bad thing)
hooks

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 05:59:01 AM »

i thought rec crabbers day of was wednesday  Grin
hooks

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 06:01:27 AM »

my bad i missed the 8-6  Grin
Navyret

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 07:14:29 AM »

Sounds like a good day to me.  Thanks for the report.
magothy crabber

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 12:49:31 PM »

You have me curious, what was the marinade?

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 01:02:46 PM »

Thanks for the report nice catch

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
skiff1700

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 03:24:26 PM »

im going to guess that the marinade was clam juice, an old salty dude told me to soak my necks in clam juice, I have never tried it, clam juice just stinks!! im no swamp man gator huntin with secret sauce!! plus who wants to smell that stench all day!1
Fredsloft

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 07:42:40 AM »

Marinade? Well before we get into if it works or if it don't work, listen up. It "SEEMS" to work for us. We have much better results with it then without.  We open the necks up pour a large can of diced clams, a can of tuna in oil then we let them soak. Put in the same container, mix it up let soak for awhile.
 Yes it stinks yes it adds costs to your bait. Understanding both are in issue for some remember I am not even suggesting you do it. It is just what we do.  If you worry about the costs of necks, or cut them in half to save bait I suggest you don't even think about doing this.  Sit back relax enjoy your family friends and the water. Lets hope we can all crab for years to  come!

kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 07:46:47 AM »

Marinade? Well before we get into if it works or if it don't work, listen up. It "SEEMS" to work for us. We have much better results with it then without.  We open the necks up pour a large can of diced clams, a can of tuna in oil then we let them soak. Put in the same container, mix it up let soak for awhile.
 Yes it stinks yes it adds costs to your bait. Understanding both are in issue for some remember I am not even suggesting you do it. It is just what we do.  If you worry about the costs of necks, or cut them in half to save bait I suggest you don't even think about doing this.  Sit back relax enjoy your family friends and the water. Lets hope we can all crab for years to  come!

Fred,i do the same with clam juice....but...use Kosher salt on the necks first..it opens up the pores...then soak in clam juice... Grin

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker
soggybottomboyz

Obama STILL SUCKS

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 09:48:15 AM »

Nothing wrong with clam juice Shocked Shocked

"I am the reason there is a daily limit and I do not use orange plastic baskets ALL the time".

crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 09:56:25 AM »

I've used menhaden oil before. I'm sure if it worked better then if I didn't use it. I did catch crabs.

I wish i was a crab.
Mutzy crab man
Lifetime Member

9-1/8th 7-31-08 Wye

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 10:07:59 AM »

Crabbygramps (RIP Kenny) Used oil and garlic to marinate his necks.Was baiting the traps once and I thought he made salad for lunch ....IT WORKED FOR HIM..........

Outta the river an into my pot...FUHGEDDABOUDIT..
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 10:58:35 AM »

Crabbygramps (RIP Kenny) Used oil and garlic to marinate his necks.Was baiting the traps once and I thought he made salad for lunch ....IT WORKED FOR HIM..........
Put them on the grill and I would work for me also laugh laugh

I wish i was a crab.
Fredsloft

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 03:27:27 PM »

Some great ideas on Marinades. Funny thing a guy just ask me last week if I ever crabbed the "Bush" I said once. He ask how were the crabs. I informed him I would rather eat the chicken necks. With all these new Marinades my remark might carry some Weight. Serious there are some good ideas and I am trying the salt for sure. Enjoy be safe. 
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 03:42:22 PM »

Some great ideas on Marinades. Funny thing a guy just ask me last week if I ever crabbed the "Bush" I said once. He ask how were the crabs. I informed him I would rather eat the chicken necks. With all these new Marinades my remark might carry some Weight. Serious there are some good ideas and I am trying the salt for sure. Enjoy be safe. 
Fred...my method.....have 220 necks(enough for my 1200" line)...grab a deep dish tin you can buy at any supermarket for 2 bucks...spread out the wings and salt liberally....place necks in a large 1 gallon freezer bag(it might take 2 freezer bags)...put clam juice in.....then freeze...when you are ready to go crabbing...defrost...and the juice in the bags I pore on my dry trotline so even the line gets a lil soaking with clam juice....rick

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker

CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 03:45:45 PM »

Fred...my method.....have 220 necks(enough for my 1200" line)...grab a deep dish tin you can buy at any supermarket for 2 bucks...spread out the wings and salt liberally....place necks in a large 1 gallon freezer bag(it might take 2 freezer bags)...put clam juice in.....then freeze...when you are ready to go crabbing...defrost...and the juice in the bags I pore on my dry trotline so even the line gets a lil soaking with clam juice....rick

so now I knwo your secret trick you old scallywag rick.... clam juice and JHL home made wine marinade... but just a few clips right  laugh laugh laugh laugh

MD / PA Line
Harford Crabber
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 05:16:32 PM »

I think there's a shot & pills for crabs in the Bush!   

(Actually after that 250k gal sewage dump Tuesday you might need lots of medicine for eating crabs from the Bush... & the politicians and tree huggers have the nerve to blame the farmers for polluting the Bay)
PublicLandingBoy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 08:55:50 PM »

i thought rec crabbers day of was wednesday  Grin

DBAD = Don't be a douche.
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 09:53:01 PM »

my bad i missed the 8-6  Grin
^^^^^

I wish i was a crab.
skiff1700

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 10:48:09 AM »

well, I can tell you one secret that does work Fred, once I forgot to take extra bait with me 2 years ago and after the bait was picked apart by the crabs I had some gulp shad spray and I sprayed the picked over bones and sure enough I was catching crabs in the traps that I sprayed , so I sprayed all of them and it was on!! so , I have no doubt that a marinade will work. maybe I should get some more of that spray.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home