July 17, 2019, 02:57:27 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Narrows 8-6  (Read 7726 times)
Fredsloft

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 04:26:50 PM »

well, I can tell you one secret that does work Fred, once I forgot to take extra bait with me 2 years ago and after the bait was picked apart by the crabs I had some gulp shad spray and I sprayed the picked over bones and sure enough I was catching crabs in the traps that I sprayed , so I sprayed all of them and it was on!! so , I have no doubt that a marinade will work. maybe I should get some more of that spray.
Skiff got a bottle of gulp in the bottom of the boat just didn't have the guts to use it yet? That is some serious [shiz]  it sure does work for small mouth bass.   Ok taking two newbees in the morning I am going to give it a try.  [dang] boat will make one gag by noon.  laugh laugh laugh
skiff1700

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2013, 08:09:28 PM »

that stuff works wonders!! I love it, my motto if im not crabbing, im burnin gas and catching bass!! have a ball tomorrow!!
Fredsloft

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 02:00:58 AM »

Any idiot that gets up at this time of the morning better have a ball. OK today is gulp day, I am heading down 695 in a few.  Clams crushed, tuna  now gulp hope the temps don't go real high. And my wife asks what stinks in this truck  LOL  Yep
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2013, 05:38:38 AM »

Any idiot that gets up at this time of the morning better have a ball. OK today is gulp day, I am heading down 695 in a few.  Clams crushed, tuna  now gulp hope the temps don't go real high. And my wife asks what stinks in this truck  LOL  Yep
go knock em dead buddy  Grin Grin

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker
dannyd

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2013, 09:41:21 AM »

I started using the FISH BOMB   http://www.fishbomb.com/. It's pure menhaden oil. I cut my fowl neck in half and put them in a 5 gallon buck and douse it with the fish bomb and let it soak before I bait the line or set the traps. It seems to work for me.

skiff1700

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2013, 10:03:36 AM »

go get em!!! I agree with the getting up early!! after a few hours your wife will get use to it, well, maybe!!
Fredsloft

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2013, 04:30:23 AM »

Well the tide was incoming from what looked like a real low tide. Trust me we were no the only ones crabbing. We managed a bushel but only because of the size see attached. The gulp in the front of the boat was empty! So we will try that again soon. I like to move as the tide comes in or goes out to different depths because of all the crabbers that was not possible. It was fun, anyway and we got enough crabs for a good time at the Fire Station. Yes the small crab is 5 /12 black. We had not less then a dozen of these big guys. 
crackedcrab

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2013, 05:49:36 PM »

30 Traps with cn soaked in a special Marinade. Started after baiting traps but finding someone was right where we wanted to go.  So off with the back up plan which we didn't have. Layed a few traps well can't go here to close to another crabber. Then the heck with it pulled and got away from everyone so our start was 30 minutes or so late. Tide was just from slack to out going when we started. Normal results but good since we never crabbed this area. First bushel of real nice crabs by 9 figured we won't get many more. Then the next run looked down 2nd bushel was half full in one run. Ended with Just shy of 2 bushel really closer to 1 and 3/4 but wow what nice crabs. Maybe measured 8 or so crabs, good sign we did have some very small ones. Those that almost drop through the wire. Back to the truck for the beloved drive up 695. The water temp dropped 3 degrees since last week. Crabs were not as shallow as the week before but then again tide was different. Honest it has been years since we seen crabs of this size in numbers. Last year small was the order of the day. (That was not a bad thing)

We have been seeing the same results.  We are not catching a lot of crabs, but the ones we are catching are big and heavy.  We have been seeing 7"-7 1/2" pretty much the last 3-4 weeks.  Throwing back few. 
Fredsloft

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2013, 01:47:46 AM »

Heading down that way again in about 30 minutes. We will keep you posted

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home