November 19, 2018, 02:39:21 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All This Snow And Rain!  (Read 7470 times)
Darrell
Supporting Member

Ignore
« on: February 27, 2003, 09:23:37 PM »

Well we in the Mid Atlantic Area have all had a lot of snow and rain. This will not affect some crabbers as much as others. NJ crabbers are on the ocean for example. But in the Chesapeake Bay Area our rivers are full and lots of fresh water is coming down the bay. Getting more snow here now 2-27-03 9 pm and its going to be a lot again! At least the snow hopefully will melt off easy and not cause floods. We will see how this will affect our crab season. One day to go to March, this winter has been a hard one and I will love to get the hot weather back! (Then I will be wishing for a this cold snow day Ha!) Well we have got about two more months then Roll Eyes May and crabs for us rec crabbers!
Crabbyboy

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2003, 09:25:17 PM »

Well mabey it will help lower the sltinity levels for the crabs in the chesepeake area!!
waterman4456

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2003, 07:09:55 PM »

when the kids are saying oh no not snow again you know it's getting bad. my better half says this feb. has had 82 days in it and the electricity bill will prove her right!!!
NJ Grasshopper

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2003, 09:13:54 PM »

Hey Darrell --------- not all New jersey crabbers are on the ocean. There are a number of commercial crabbers in the South that are not. They use the Mullica river and Barnegat Bay alot for example. Additionally, most recreational crabbers, (if not almost all), are on the 'intercoastal' and inland from there. True, we don't have the huge area the 'Chessy' Bay has, but we have quite a bit.

Last year we saw almost a five mile difference on the Salt/Fresh Water Boundry from the previous year. (IE, salt was further upstream). I know from all the ground water recharge going on this winter and projected for the spring, I will be going WAY down river this year to set my traps when last year, I could put them right off my bulkhead in my back yard!!
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2003, 04:53:36 PM »

Darrell,  I guess a couple of times in my life I have wished for snow.  But NEVER AGAIN.  

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"

Crabbyboy

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2003, 07:01:11 PM »

I'm with you Jack!!
Kodi

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2003, 12:36:54 PM »

Guys,

It's Sunday afternoon and the sun is actually out!  The temperature on my deck feels like it's pushing near 60.  Man does that feel good!  If it would just stay like this for a week then maybe some of this @#$!**^ snow would melt.  However the weatherman said that the temps are gonna tank tonight so I guess we ain't outta the woods yet.

Kodi
Crabbyboy

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2003, 03:29:27 PM »

Well it feels like the weatherman was right, the temp tanked
Darrell
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2003, 10:05:20 PM »

Well It was real cold today 03-03-03 ! thats good because it gives the recent rains and snows a chance to run off
and reduce the floods. 3 weeks to the official start of spring. I bet people are stirring and getting ready..Professionals that is with crab pot repairs, eeling show be starting soon,And in about a month the pros will be dropping their first pots. winter can't last forever..its grip will lessen and as I always say this time of year.."Things will start happening quickly" meaning that spring will soon be here with blooms, fish and all kinds of good things! We will have our hands full keeping up with repairs..getting boats and gear ready! There will be plenty of things to do! And daylight savings will be here in about a month It will not get dark till 8 pm a month from now! Hurray!!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2003, 10:14:16 PM by Darrell » Logged
NJ Grasshopper

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2003, 10:37:21 PM »

Well --- I left NJ at 6AM this morning. (30 MPH winds and 22 degrees).

I thought I was going to Eden. I landed in Jackson Mississippi at 3pm ----- (35 to 40 degrees and raining).

Go figure ...... just can't find some nice weather!!!

cw4340

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2003, 05:25:44 PM »

yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee full member ye haaaaaaaaaaaa Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley       crabbin fever baddddddddddddddd
NJ Grasshopper

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2003, 10:27:26 PM »

Way to go cw ----- baddddddddddddddddddd to the bone!!!!
Crabbyboy

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2003, 04:39:59 PM »

hahaha!! Grin Grin
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2003, 05:11:51 PM »

Spent the whole day on the boat today. Getting things ready. Thermometer in the sun hit 70.  It felt great!

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
NJ Grasshopper

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2003, 10:45:43 PM »

Bub Bub Bub Bub ......... Baaaaad to the Bone!!!

Crabbyboy

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2003, 10:16:22 AM »

Well it looks like Mr. Grasshoper hear is bbbbaaaaaaaaadddd to the bone now...(top member...yeah!!)
Kodi

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2003, 07:13:45 AM »

Dang!  I still stuck at full.........

Kodi
Crabbyboy

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2003, 03:23:06 PM »

just keep your hands typing kodi, and it goes faster than you would think. Wink
Kodi

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2003, 06:52:32 AM »

Well we finally got some decent weather on Saturday.  I can finally see actual ground in my yard and most of my driveway is clear.

Waitin' on that first 70 degree day.  But these snow piles will be here well into April.

Kodi
cw4340

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2003, 09:16:14 AM »

how many posts? Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home