December 04, 2020, 09:13:49 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dungeness crabbing. An unexpected catch.  (Read 7754 times)
trevorhoang

Ignore
« on: August 25, 2013, 05:40:02 PM »

So I was crabbing a few weeks ago and I caught a very unusual crab in my crab pot.

First time I had ever caught this. My friends tell me it is a red rock crab which is rare and very cool. Thought I share it with this community.

btw, I am new on this forum and have made a blog about my adventures in this new found hobby. I hope to learn lots from the veterans here and share my adventures with the internet. =)

http://mrdungenesscrabber.com/

hobby <a href="http://mrdungenesscrabber.com/">crabbing</a> site under construction.
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 05:49:04 PM »

Trevor..awesome catch  thumbsup..that is known in these here parts as a MUMBO (check out the Glossary)  Grin..Vancouver Canada eh?...the Calgary Flames need sum OOfense this year eh? Grin Grin Grin

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker
trevorhoang

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 06:28:23 PM »

Trevor..awesome catch  thumbsup..that is known in these here parts as a MUMBO (check out the Glossary)  Grin..Vancouver Canada eh?...the Calgary Flames need sum OOfense this year eh? Grin Grin Grin

haha I love how upbeat the members are on this forum. Ya, I dun follow hockey n.e more. Im gunna root for the chicago blackhawks now. Vancouver canucks n calgary flames are too disappointing. =)

hobby <a href="http://mrdungenesscrabber.com/">crabbing</a> site under construction.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 07:13:09 PM »

cool

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 07:04:01 PM »

haha I love how upbeat the members are on this forum. Ya, I dun follow hockey n.e more. Im gunna root for the chicago blackhawks now. Vancouver canucks n calgary flames are too disappointing. =)

Dude..the Blackhawks?  Angry..are you insane?  Cheesy...what are you,a relative of stan mikita or bobby Hull? Angry..if ya wanna be a part of this forum..straightin up and fly right  Angry Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin..the only hockey talk involves The Flyers..ya got that?..now..go back out crabbin and get me a couple of more pics of dem MUMBOS  Grin Grin Grin  rick

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker

trevorhoang

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 04:41:41 PM »

Dude..the Blackhawks?  Angry..are you insane?  Cheesy...what are you,a relative of stan mikita or bobby Hull? Angry..if ya wanna be a part of this forum..straightin up and fly right  Angry Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin..the only hockey talk involves The Flyers..ya got that?..now..go back out crabbin and get me a couple of more pics of dem MUMBOS  Grin Grin Grin  rick

Yesssir!!!!! lol . more pics of my adventures to come if you guys dont get bored! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

btw....no clue who stan mikita or bobby hull is lol. im not a huge hockey fan  Tongue Tongue Tongue Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue

Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 10:44:22 PM »

Red crab. Supposedly they're off the east coast too, but 600' down. Think I remember reading about them on a thread here. Supposed to be good eating if it's the same variety.   Go Flyers. Wink

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
TAJcrabs

@tajacks10

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 11:32:40 AM »

Trevor,

How deep was that water you are crabbing in, the line you pulled in was sooooo long.... thanks for sharing the video and web site. good luck and keep em coming!!! GO CAPS!!!!
trevorhoang

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 06:14:46 PM »

Trevor,

How deep was that water you are crabbing in, the line you pulled in was sooooo long.... thanks for sharing the video and web site. good luck and keep em coming!!! GO CAPS!!!!

It was about 50 feet of line that I pulled up. other members on here have said that you only need about 20 ft depth to catch blue crabs. I have been throwing the cages at 50-80 feet from shore level and got nice results. =)

Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 11:28:31 PM »

It was about 50 feet of line that I pulled up. other members on here have said that you only need about 20 ft depth to catch blue crabs. I have been throwing the cages at 50-80 feet from shore level and got nice results. =)

Actually in the summer two to four feet isn't uncommon. Six to ten is about average. In the fall when the crabs start heading deep, I've heard stories of pulling traps 25' or more then.

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home