September 18, 2019, 06:25:43 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: benedict 9/27  (Read 5338 times)
skiff boy

Ignore
« on: September 30, 2013, 01:01:47 PM »

crabbed friday 27th from 6 til 12 started out on st.marys side under the power line with 3000 ft of lips 2 passes 8 crabs so pulled line up and headed south to a spot i have had luck before stopped and talked to a buddy who had a report of crabs being caught north of the power lines so i was debaiting on headed back that way so i did but this time i went to the calvert side and seen about 8 to 10 boats most look to be commercial so i layed on the outside of the furthest north guy well away from him at this time its 9 crabbed till 12 caught a bushel of fat males and a bushel of females went back saturday got there super early since i seen all the boats there friday was the first one out there could of layed anywhere i wanted to but i went back and layed where i was friday and some douch bag had nerve enough to ask if i had a line layed and i told him yeah 3000 ft and he said that figures i have been here for the last 2 weeks and i saw you come lay beside me yesterday so i said well dont look like your crabbing here today lol im a commercial crabber and understand what some of the rec guys on here talk about and yes there are some jack [arse] commercial guys out there that think they own the water in my eyes he could of gotten there earlier, layed beside me either side to many places to lay for him to act like a [arse] im just saying all in all had the same results as friday
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:18:06 PM by Seanile, Reason: Report date added » Logged
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 01:20:46 PM »

What's wrong with someone asking if you had a line layed. Sounds like he was just being civil. I've asked lots of comms where they had their lines. They always seem to appreciate it. They tell me, I move on.

I wish i was a crab.
skiff boy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 03:04:15 PM »

i was ok with that i was just saying the exact word he was i would of been ok if thats all he asked
skiff boy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »

but then he had to through the other smart [arse] comments in but its all good you have to take the good with the bad and move on just thought i would share with you all
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 04:40:07 PM »

Well, what you're saying doesn't make sense. You said you laid right outside of the guy on Friday - when you went back Saturday you could have laid anywhere you wanted, but you laid in the exact same spot where you were the day before. When the guy asked if you had a line laid there, you made a smart remark about having 3000' and he wasn't going to be able to lay there, because you were already there! Sounds to me like you actually laid right in the spot HE was in on Friday, not the same spot YOU were in. Nobody owns the water, but there is professional courtesy. You knew what the score was, that's why you busted your butt to get there especially early! In my mind I know who the douche bag and a**  was. Those boys are a pretty tight knit bunch, wouldn't push my luck if I were you.

partime59
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 06:22:22 PM »

first on the spot gets it,,, period
Labracrabber

If only I could teach the dog to drive the skiff..

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 08:51:03 PM »

Times are tight right now and tensions are running high. Good lays are hard to come by this year, you guys need to look out for each other a bit more or they will take it all away from us.

Competition is healthy and no one owns the water being understood, some professional communication would have been helpful here I believe.

Good luck for the rest of the season, hoping for a good Fall run.

Cheers. Wink

Enjoy the resources we all share, and take your kids crabbing.
whaler

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 09:44:12 PM »

ya finding a good lay is getting harder .and I am married  laugh I am always open to good communication with my wife and she lays down the line ware ever she wants . if I lay down the line even beside her it gets de - baited and I catch nothing but grief . and my line gets cut some ware.  Cry some times I wake up grumpy but lately I have learned to say nice things and let grumpy sleep in .and sometimes I get confused about what I say and then try to untangle what I said and make no sense then I get the snood knocked out of me . and that's no bull s#% lip .
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 09:50:28 PM »

ya finding a good lay is getting harder .and I am married  laugh I am always open to good communication with my wife and she lays down the line ware ever she wants . if I lay down the line even beside her it gets de - baited and I catch nothing but grief . and my line gets cut some ware.  Cry some times I wake up grumpy but lately I have learned to say nice things and let grumpy sleep in .and sometimes I get confused about what I say and then try to untangle what I said and make no sense then I get the snood knocked out of me . and that's no bull s#% lip .
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker
bbcrabbin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 10:24:06 PM »

Well, what you're saying doesn't make sense. You said you laid right outside of the guy on Friday - when you went back Saturday you could have laid anywhere you wanted, but you laid in the exact same spot where you were the day before. When the guy asked if you had a line laid there, you made a smart remark about having 3000' and he wasn't going to be able to lay there, because you were already there! Sounds to me like you actually laid right in the spot HE was in on Friday, not the same spot YOU were in. Nobody owns the water, but there is professional courtesy. You knew what the score was, that's why you busted your butt to get there especially early! In my mind I know who the douche bag and a**  was. Those boys are a pretty tight knit bunch, wouldn't push my luck if I were you
Professional courtesy......seriously? How can u give someone courtsey if there not there? Is he expected to wait and see if someone shows up for that spot b4 him.....come on man thats jus dumb. There is start times for a reason, and I don't see where he said he busted his butt to get there espically early. So ur gonna bash him because he got there b4 u or whoever?? You sound pissed sir.

Labracrabber

If only I could teach the dog to drive the skiff..

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 11:12:16 PM »

Whaler,

Now that is some good stuff! I have been married for almost twenty years and I can appreciate that!!!

Here is to good communication and good line laying laugh laugh laugh

Cheers!

Enjoy the resources we all share, and take your kids crabbing.
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 03:17:42 PM »

Professional courtesy......seriously? How can u give someone courtsey if there not there? Is he expected to wait and see if someone shows up for that spot b4 him.....come on man thats jus dumb. There is start times for a reason, and I don't see where he said he busted his butt to get there espically early. So ur gonna bash him because he got there b4 u or whoever?? You sound pissed sir.

From the original post: "went back saturday got there super early since i seen all the boats there friday was the first one out there"

Possibly you should learn how to read before you start busting on anyone!
bbcrabbin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 06:14:26 PM »

From the original post: "went back saturday got there super early since i seen all the boats there friday was the first one out there"

Possibly you should learn how to read before you start busting on anyone!

haha that's funny, maybe u should learn how to read and paraphrase a lil better because I still don't see where he said he busted his butt to get there esp early. Yes it does say got there super early.......and? So should he have waited to see if someone shows up to give him the professional courtesy? U still never answered that question.
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 07:32:20 PM »

haha that's funny, maybe u should learn how to read and paraphrase a lil better because I still don't see where he said he busted his butt to get there esp early. Yes it does say got there super early.......and? So should he have waited to see if someone shows up to give him the professional courtesy? U still never answered that question.

This is the last time I'm going to respond to this post, for obvious reasons (you guys should have stayed in school):
"crabbed friday 27th from 6 til 12 started out on st.marys side under the power line with 3000 ft of lips 2 passes 8 crabs so pulled line up and headed south to a spot i have had luck before stopped and talked to a buddy who had a report of crabs being caught north of the power lines so i was debaiting on headed back that way so i did but this time i went to the calvert side and seen about 8 to 10 boats most look to be commercial so i layed on the outside of the furthest north guy well away from him at this time its 9 crabbed till 12 caught a bushel of fat males and a bushel of females went back saturday got there super early since i seen all the boats there friday

He got a tip from a friend, saw all of the commercial boats and laid as close to them as he could - got back there super early the next day to make sure he could steal the guy's spot, then got into a minor confrontation with the guy who he screwed - evidently the other guy was nice enough to let it go and move on. Grow up!
crabzone
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 07:58:19 PM »

Times are tight right now and tensions are running high. Good lays are hard to come by this year, you guys need to look out for each other a bit more or they will take it all away from us.

Competition is healthy and no one owns the water being understood, some professional communication would have been helpful here I believe.

Good luck for the rest of the season, hoping for a good Fall run.

Cheers. Wink
   WELL SAID

bbcrabbin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 09:56:33 PM »

This is the last time I'm going to respond to this post, for obvious reasons (you guys should have stayed in school):
"crabbed friday 27th from 6 til 12 started out on st.marys side under the power line with 3000 ft of lips 2 passes 8 crabs so pulled line up and headed south to a spot i have had luck before stopped and talked to a buddy who had a report of crabs being caught north of the power lines so i was debaiting on headed back that way so i did but this time i went to the calvert side and seen about 8 to 10 boats most look to be commercial so i layed on the outside of the furthest north guy well away from him at this time its 9 crabbed till 12 caught a bushel of fat males and a bushel of females went back saturday got there super early since i seen all the boats there friday

He got a tip from a friend, saw all of the commercial boats and laid as close to them as he could - got back there super early the next day to make sure he could steal the guy's spot, then got into a minor confrontation with the guy who he screwed - evidently the other guy was nice enough to let it go and move on. Grow up!
you were the 1st person bitching about his post. I personally could care less jus though I'd make a comment but obviously u took it personal. Funny u say the other guy was nice enough to let it go and move on, what's he gonna do bully his way in a spot that was already taken, do you think b4 u type? Grow up lol that's original.
davesohns

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 10:17:58 PM »

Punctuate much?
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 11:08:38 PM »

I'm confused Grin

I wish i was a crab.
Hardhed

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 10:00:26 AM »

Hard to even read these posts.
skiff boy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 01:04:15 PM »

to clear it up some i got there super early because there were 8 to 10 boats there friday so there for i wanted to get there early enough to get my same spot as friday like i said if i wanted i could have laid in his spot but i didnt and as far as me being a smart [arse] about my having 3000 ft thats not being a smart [arse] saying i had 6 or 10,000 ft would have its dark out that time of morning and the last thing you want is to lay over someone or be laid over and have to deal with that so the one who said i was being a smart [arse] your wrong i did what anyone else would of done i did not bother anybody friday went back to the same spot saturday and someone wanted to lay where i was thats all im saying and he acted like a fool if i was in his shoes i would of gotten there early so i could get my spot im not waiting for someone to show then put my line out there was prolly 5 boats there sat and 10 on friday you just never know how it will be out there so im done with this topic as of now

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home