November 26, 2020, 01:50:15 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what will you do  (Read 13361 times)
anchor
Lifetime Member

stop being a lurker and make a donation

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2013, 04:04:53 PM »

ill be tearing apart my 2011 harley ultra classic and having it custom painted. also driving that [dang] seafood truck... i hate that truck in the snow.
CaptWilliecrab
Lifetime Member

A great way to live a day!

Williecrab S Wilson Capt Williecrab

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2013, 06:11:27 PM »

Well I do this year round now,  but can pick it up some in the winter.  I work as a volunteer in our local hospital with pastoral and spiritual care.  I visit people who want a visit and or prayer,  lots of elderly, some very lonely people.  One thing I love to key in on is a old fisherman or women who know their stuff.  Once I find someone who loved the water life, ( lots of 80 and 90 year olds and a few 100 year olds)  who will most likely never fish or crab again,  I pull up a chair and listen.  The stories and adventures and cooking tips I have heard, priceless.  All those memories and lessons learned on the water.  To see a sad old persons eyes light up as they re-live boating days, can't really explain it.  I have talked with old capts who fished all up and down the eastern seaboard, fisherwomen who piloted boats out of Cape May, and folks who crabbed around here near the bay right in ditches on their farms. The on the water life is a great life, seeing God's creation and being in it, catching dinner and laughing and being with friends,  and sometimes quietly alone.  Taking guests and children and grandchildren,  a great life!  But someday,  you just get to old and it has to end.  Who knows,  maybe when my day comes if I am in that position,  maybe someday you will come and see me,  and I will talk your ears off.  I would even tell you some of my secret areas,  where no one else goes, except my grandkids!
                 capt williecrab,  creek explorer in the 21'rst century
     lots of hospitals have volunteer programs in all different areas,  after some training,  its very rewarding to be a help,  and you would be surprised at the friends you make!
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2013, 06:24:28 PM »

Perfect! idea We only got 2 hospitals on the whole Shore... Gonna look into this starting tomorrow! thumbsup Cool

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
rapp414

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »

Well I do this year round now,  but can pick it up some in the winter.  I work as a volunteer in our local hospital with pastoral and spiritual care.  I visit people who want a visit and or prayer,  lots of elderly, some very lonely people.  One thing I love to key in on is a old fisherman or women who know their stuff.  Once I find someone who loved the water life, ( lots of 80 and 90 year olds and a few 100 year olds)  who will most likely never fish or crab again,  I pull up a chair and listen.  The stories and adventures and cooking tips I have heard, priceless.  All those memories and lessons learned on the water.  To see a sad old persons eyes light up as they re-live boating days, can't really explain it.  I have talked with old capts who fished all up and down the eastern seaboard, fisherwomen who piloted boats out of Cape May, and folks who crabbed around here near the bay right in ditches on their farms. The on the water life is a great life, seeing God's creation and being in it, catching dinner and laughing and being with friends,  and sometimes quietly alone.  Taking guests and children and grandchildren,  a great life!  But someday,  you just get to old and it has to end.  Who knows,  maybe when my day comes if I am in that position,  maybe someday you will come and see me,  and I will talk your ears off.  I would even tell you some of my secret areas,  where no one else goes, except my grandkids!
                 capt williecrab,  creek explorer in the 21'rst century
     lots of hospitals have volunteer programs in all different areas,  after some training,  its very rewarding to be a help,  and you would be surprised at the friends you make!
God Bless you Willie,in these fast paced times most people ,including me are self absorbed and only think of ourselves,what a great way to spend your time
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2013, 07:48:11 PM »

God Bless you Willie,in these fast paced times most people ,including me are self absorbed and only think of ourselves,what a great way to spend your time
agree with Rapp Willie..that is awesome  Wink Cheesy...as far as I'm concerned...I'll be workin a lot of overtime to build up my "mad' money to save to go out crabbin in the summer....and waitin for Ron..or Ronster..or Ronbo..whatever that pinhead calls himself next year  Grin Grin Kiss Kiss Kiss to maybe give me a call....do some crabbin in mid -april  Cheesy Cheesy..I could use some crabs for Mothers day  Grin Grin....

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker

Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2013, 08:21:45 PM »

Awesome. Saw a lot of the same thing when I worked at MV. And Jack, you still won't be able to find any crabs in Va.

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2013, 07:58:37 AM »

agree with Rapp Willie..that is awesome  Wink Cheesy...as far as I'm concerned...I'll be workin a lot of overtime to build up my "mad' money to save to go out crabbin in the summer....and waitin for Ron..or Ronster..or Ronbo..whatever that pinhead calls himself next year  Grin Grin Kiss Kiss Kiss to maybe give me a call....do some crabbin in mid -april  Cheesy Cheesy..I could use some crabs for Mothers day  Grin Grin....

Ronnibal might be my name for 2014.   

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 26 & 27th, 2020
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2013, 04:24:27 PM »

Ronnibal might be my name for 2014.   

Not like the crazy kind? Right?  laugh laugh

Now what's on the menu for tonight?

Crabby Captn John

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2013, 11:48:09 PM »

"snow"Huh  "work"Huh I wish you would not use those dirty 4 letter words! I retired at 54 nearly 11 years ago. Now I fish, I crab, I hunt oysters, and when tired take a boat ride to relax. I'll take a few vacations to fish for species not available in SE NC too.
Big Rad
Supporting Member

Chase Happiness because life is short

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2013, 08:17:34 PM »

I'll be recovering from a broken neck.  Surgery to remove the broken c4 vertebrae, then hopefully recover the full use of my legs.  I need your prayers guys.  Thanks in advance. Undecided Undecided Smiley

I hear the sound of one hand clapping....you don't??

Edaoud
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »

I'll be recovering from a broken neck.  Surgery to remove the broken c4 vertebrae, then hopefully recover the full use of my legs.  I need your prayers guys.  Thanks in advance. Undecided Undecided Smiley
Good Luck with the recovery and get well soon, you are in our prayers. Ed
jefftoleft
In Memoriam 02/2017
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2013, 11:25:53 PM »

Wow that don't sound good what happened? Hope you get well soon prayers are with you Buddy.  Wink Wink

You will always catch more crabs with a DOT.NET than a DOT.COM
SHELLFISH
Lifetime Member

Formerly Bogman102

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2013, 06:52:42 AM »

I hope the surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery!

Retired in paradise!
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2013, 08:39:42 AM »

Wishing ya the best Rad...   And a speedy recovery. Cool

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2013, 10:18:32 AM »

Like everyone said, speedy recovery and clear skies. Give it your best.

capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2013, 11:00:29 AM »

fish a little,                          fish a little more,
hunt a little,                         hunt a little more,

listen to wife complain

Fish a lot more,
Hunt a lot more.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

laissez les bon temps rouler
let the good times roll
Edaoud
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2013, 11:31:07 AM »

fish a little,                          fish a little more,
hunt a little,                         hunt a little more,

listen to wife complain

Fish a lot more,
Hunt a lot more.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

you forgot Listen to wife complain a lot more  laugh
capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2013, 11:46:14 AM »

No by now its crabbing and crawfish season

SO

I crab a little,
crawfish a little,

crab a little more,
crawfish a little more,

and now that I'm making money and she says,

Get out there and don't come home. laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

laissez les bon temps rouler
let the good times roll
Edaoud
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2013, 12:14:06 PM »

No by now its crabbing and crawfish season

SO

I crab a little,
crawfish a little,

crab a little more,
crawfish a little more,

and now that I'm making money and she says,

Get out there and don't come home. laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2013, 12:25:35 PM »

Sorry to hear Rad... Thoughts and Prayers sent my friend.....    and wishign you a speedy recovery by crab time....  Wink Grin Grin

MD / PA Line

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home