July 20, 2019, 03:55:26 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7 Bridges Mulluca River??  (Read 4524 times)
JL185

« on: September 05, 2003, 12:30:07 AM »

Does anyone know where these places are are they past Long point and the middle grounds???
crab-lady

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 01:19:26 AM »

7 bridges is located in tuckerton nj exit 58 on the pkwy. its  a lagoon that is accessible by foot, therefore you can use handlines. its a nice, very quiet place, but those flies can be a killer.
The Blob made a appearance there not too long ago... Tongue

The mullica is located in S. Jersey below Tuckerton, but I'm too familar with it.
I'm sure would like to check it out, i hear so many things about it
D Crabster

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 09:00:35 AM »

The Mullica is the body of water you cross on the way to Atlantic City.  As long as you bring lots of bug repellant you will be ok at either of the two places.
JL185

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2003, 04:27:39 PM »

Great thanks guys...I want to get there by boat is there places I can anhor up and drop some lines??
seafood mmmmm

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 11:44:00 AM »

headin to the great bay/7 bridges area on sunday (hopefully the jersey coast will miss the blunt of the impact from isabel, but best wishes to those who are riding out the storm if it does hit) with some friends and our girlfriends.  we've got no boat, just a few traps, handlines, and our feet.

can anyone give me some info about the place?  such as... are their docks there?  do people crab directly off the 1st bridge, and if so, exactly how high off the water is the bridge?  can you handline off the bridge?  good crabbing spot easily accesible by foot or do you have to wade through water or walk through marshes?

yeah, going to be new to the area, so any pointers will be helpful.  if you're not comfortable disclosing some of your tips to the public, feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected].  your advice would be greatly appreciated.

D Crabster

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 12:41:32 PM »

Seafood, some of the bridges you can crab from (there are 7 total) but I would not.  You can either park you car and walk along the bridges or crab from one of 2 or 3 marinas.  You can easliy drive up & down the road having access to the water in several dozen spots.  Do yourself a favor and bring spray for the green heads, they will maul you like a crab does chicken !
seafood mmmmm

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 12:31:39 PM »

Thanks D Crabster!  Smiley
blackie

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 02:15:17 PM »

5 bridges actually  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home