October 15, 2018, 09:32:27 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police State?  (Read 3100 times)
redhanded

Ignore
« on: January 25, 2014, 06:43:22 PM »

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2014/01/16/driving-through-maryland-how-the-lawful-florida-gun-owner-was-targeted-hint-maryland-coordination-and-analysis-center/
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 11:16:55 AM »

I have been following this closely since it was first reported.  It has changed my driving habits.  It's a [dang] shame that one has to be afraid of their government.  Sad

IMO, Someone that has gone to all the trouble, jumped thru all the hoops, to get a CCP in their state should be the last person that should be stopped.  He/she has been thru certified training, FBI fingerprinted and background checked more thoroughly then someone that has already been thru NICS to guy a gun.  Angry

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
bassman349

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 01:11:36 PM »

When you look at the attitudes of our anti-gun governor and anti-gun politicians in the state, is it any wonder that things like that can happen here?  Lots of horror stories from other anti gun states and many more to come I'm sure. 
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 09:43:16 PM »

I have been following this closely since it was first reported.  It has changed my driving habits.  It's a [dang] shame that one has to be afraid of their government.  Sad

IMO, Someone that has gone to all the trouble, jumped thru all the hoops, to get a CCP in their state should be the last person that should be stopped.  He/she has been thru certified training, FBI fingerprinted and background checked more thoroughly then someone that has already been thru NICS to guy a gun.  Angry

When did they start this? Been pulled over 3-4x in MD and i was never questioned. Last time was last summer in Princess Anne on 13 and luckily he never asked because mine was loaded between the seats where it always is :/  and PA all you need to pass is a backround check. No fingerprint or training req'd. Just $25. Lol

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 09:13:00 AM »

When did they start this? Been pulled over 3-4x in MD and i was never questioned. Last time was last summer in Princess Anne on 13 and luckily he never asked because mine was loaded between the seats where it always is :/  and PA all you need to pass is a backround check. No fingerprint or training req'd. Just $25. Lol
I forgot that...  My brother-in-law teased me about it when he got his ccp.

reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 03:41:45 PM »

When did they start this? Been pulled over 3-4x in MD and i was never questioned. Last time was last summer in Princess Anne on 13 and luckily he never asked because mine was loaded between the seats where it always is :/  and PA all you need to pass is a backround check. No fingerprint or training req'd. Just $25. Lol

fp

I think federal law comes into play, crossing a state line that doesn't have reciprocity with Pa., Maryland doesn't.

The handgun has to be unloaded and locked in a compartment for you to be protected by federal law. If Maryland catches you with it loaded, there goes the PA permit, because in all probability you will be looking at time in Maryland. Or at the least bankruptcy, trying fight it in court.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 03:44:06 PM by reds » Logged
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 04:59:50 PM »

fp

I think federal law comes into play, crossing a state line that doesn't have reciprocity with Pa., Maryland doesn't.

The handgun has to be unloaded and locked in a compartment for you to be protected by federal law. If Maryland catches you with it loaded, there goes the PA permit, because in all probability you will be looking at time in Maryland. Or at the least bankruptcy, trying fight it in court.

Crabguy.. You wanna chime in on this? The ones i've known that got caught paid a fine.. Thats it

bassman349

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 05:08:26 PM »

FP

Don't press your luck in Md.  Most police will lock you up, tow your vehicle away, confiscate your handgun, and expect you to show up for trial later on.  Md. has no reciprocal agreement with any other states with respect to concealed carry permits and they do not generally issue permits in Md. Merryland government is one of the most anti-gun pack of rats in the country and always remember that the police are employed by them. Perhaps some of the elder 'good ole boys' on the eastern shore will overlook a few things, but you never know for sure.  We don't want you missing out on any crabbing days due to jail time.
reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 06:56:54 PM »

Crabguy.. You wanna chime in on this? The ones i've known that got caught paid a fine.. Thats it

Maryland law changed on October 1, 2013.

Things are now different in the free state. A loaded handgun in a vehicle, in Maryland, without a Maryland carry permit, is probably jail time.

Oh....and boats are vehicles in Maryland. Wink
bassman349

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 07:40:58 PM »

Things are now different in the free state. A loaded handgun in a vehicle, in Maryland, without a Maryland carry permit, is probably jail time.

The unlawful possession of a handgun law did not change Oct. 1,  it's the same as it has been for years.  What did change is the fact that you need a handgun qualification license in order to obtain a concealed carry permit, which they will not give to you anyway , unless you can prove a good and substantial reason, which basically there are none.  The 'loaded handgun in a vehicle without a carry permit' has been illegal for a lot of years now.  Many were hoping that the Woolard case would change that, but the anti-gun federal appeals court blew that notion to bits, so the citizens of Merryland must remain a defenseless herd of sheep.
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 07:18:17 PM »

I see no reason why people that obtain a carry permit in one state can not carry in another state. If a person goes threw the trouble to have a back round check as well as a federal back round check they should be allowed to carry in any state. If they only want to carry in there own state then they should have to go do a state back round check. I do think people that do get a permit should have to pass a test. I really dont want a soccer mom to go threw the back round check and not know how to use a gun. Safe handling of a gun should be a must for everyone. Are we trying to keep guns out of criminal hands or the law abiding citizen? We would need less cops if everyone without criminal records carried guns. Criminals target the weak but they would think twice if everyone had a gun to protect themselves.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 07:24:59 PM »

I can see how the cameras could help find criminals, stolen cars as well as looking for cars that are used for kidnaping of children. But there should have been no reason to pull over someone because they have a carry permit in a different state. I hope the guy gets a lawyer and maybe changes the law. The state will not want to go to court and lose millions of dollars for everyone that gets pulled over like he did.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 08:00:17 PM »

IMO, I think we were real close to getting National Reciprocity then Newtown happened.  Undecided  There should be a national standard.  Modeled after the 8 hour course to get a Utah permit.  Plus, in addition, life fire training. Cool   

samiam

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 07:56:41 AM »

The Firearms Freedom Act initiative was getting some traction, too. Since Newtown, the Big Goobermint loving progressive press has redoubled its effort to inflate every single assault or murder involving a firearm (except, of course, those committed by Agents of the State) into an hysterical banner headline event in an attempt to forestall any effort to rehabilitate the right of individuals to armed self defense in the collective mind of the herd.
http://firearmsfreedomact.com/state-by-state/
The color scheme shows the current situation pretty damned clearly.

-Sam

IMO, I think we were real close to getting National Reciprocity then Newtown happened.  Undecided  There should be a national standard.  Modeled after the 8 hour course to get a Utah permit.  Plus, in addition, life fire training. Cool   
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 11:10:19 PM »

I've had my first gun confiscated for 90 days... But that was a different scenerio Shocked
I dont carry on the boat.. Only flare guns and a baseball bat  Cool laugh
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 11:13:19 PM by flounderpounder » Logged

dfran
In Memoriam 07/2017

Labs Rule !!!!!! Crabs ain't bad either !!!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 01:46:52 PM »

This might help if it ever gets adopted!!

http://bearingarms.com/cornyn-introduces-concealed-carry-reciprocity-act-of-2014/
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 04:27:22 PM »

http://hurstalpr.blogspot.com/2012_11_01_archive.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home