December 11, 2018, 10:59:32 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Virginia: Sunday Hunting Bill Passes in House!  (Read 1182 times)
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« on: January 28, 2014, 07:07:07 PM »

"In great news for Virginia sportsmen as well as the future of gun rights and hunting in the Commonwealth, today the Virginia House of Delegates passed House Bill 1237 by a 71-27 vote - without the inclusion of any amendments, such as the local option amendment, which would have created a patchwork of confusing ordinances for Virginia hunters.

As previously reported, HB 1237, sponsored by Delegate Todd Gilbert (R-15) and 39 colleagues, repeals the outdated ban on Sunday hunting on private lands with written permission from the owner - while still prohibiting hunting within 200 yards of a house of worship, the hunting of deer with dogs and the hunting of bear.  This important pro-hunting legislation will encourage hunter retention and recruitment by allowing busy families the ability to teach hunting to the next generation, since school and sport activities often dominate Saturdays for children.  In addition, it is unjustifiable for the state to deny the dramatic economic benefits that would be associated with allowing Sunday hunting, especially during these difficult economic times." Cool

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 07:50:28 PM »

That is great for all the hunters down in VA. When can I come over to hunt on your property Jack?  laugh

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
samiam

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 07:09:11 AM »

"...which would have created a patchwork of confusing ordinances for Virginia hunters.
I haven't found time to hunt my land (W of Blue Ridge region) yet, but I have read the regulations. It isn't as if a "patchwork of confusing ordinances" regarding seasons and bag limits doesn't already exist. Geez Louise!

As previously reported... while still prohibiting ... the hunting of bear.
I find that part of the quote confusing. It reads as if no bear hunting is allowed in Virginia (contrary to my reading of the regulations) and the legislation does not change that. My guess is that bear hunting is excepted from the expanded hunting week. Or are there new restrictions on bear hunting?

At least when I'm on vacation, I will no longer need to know what day it is  Grin

-Sam
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:11:10 AM by samiam » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home