February 24, 2018, 02:36:03 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beretta USA moving out of Maryland  (Read 2252 times)
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« on: February 02, 2014, 03:37:03 PM »

"Beretta USA Chooses Tennessee for New Factory Site"

"According to Beretta, the company will "invest $45 million in a state-of-the-art manufacturing and R&D facility" in Gallatin. Construction of the new facility is expected to be completed this year and will provide hundreds of new jobs in Tennessee."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/29/After-Passing-On-VA-Beretta-USA-Chooses-TN-For-Their-New-Factory

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
reds

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 04:51:02 PM »

From what I understand, the jobs that they will be creating are high paying ones. Not $10 or $12 per hour.

OweMalley should have his butt kicked. He was told they would leave, if he passed his gun bill.
bassman349
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 07:20:08 AM »

I don't think that they are moving out of their place in Accokeek though.  From what I have read, they are expanding their production and the expansion will take place in Tenn., so perhaps those that work for Beretta in Md. hopefully have safe jobs.  I agree that O'Malley and his puppets are idiots. If Beretta were to expand here, it would create more jobs in Md. and of course increase the tax money that Beretta pays to Md.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 08:23:54 AM »

“I’m concerned. I think they’re going to move,” said Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr. (D-Calvert). “They sell guns across the world and in every state in the union — to places a lot more friendly to the company than this state.”

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
reds

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 09:53:57 AM »

“I’m concerned. I think they’re going to move,” said Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr. (D-Calvert). “They sell guns across the world and in every state in the union — to places a lot more friendly to the company than this state.”

He wasn't concerned enough to come out against the bill and subsequent law that caused the problem.

Mike Miller needs to go, along with his counter part in the house. Mr Busch. Both sold out the sportman in Maryland.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 07:23:47 AM »

He wasn't concerned enough to come out against the bill and subsequent law that caused the problem.

Mike Miller needs to go, along with his counter part in the house. Mr Busch. Both sold out the sportman in Maryland.

AGREED Reds....Miller is a freaking joke.  Just like the rest of them, talks out of both sides of his mouth.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
reds

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 02:46:51 PM »

In the Washington Times this morning, there was an article in the Commentary Section by Ugo Gussalli Beretta about the building of the new plant in Tennessee, not Maryland.

by Ugo Gussalli Beretta

My family has operated our business from the same small town in northern Italy for 500 years. This means that when we make a commitment to a local community, our hope is to do so for decades, if not centuries, to come.

We apply this same philosophy to all of our factories and locations throughout the world. Such a commitment is not a one-way street, though.

In return for our investment in jobs, facilities and assistance to the local economy, we ask for respect and a supportive business climate.

We deserve such respect. We make the standard sidearm for the U.S. armed forces. We also make firearms that police and consumers use to save their lives and the lives of others.

We also make sporting firearms that are enjoyed by tens of millions of people worldwide, from Olympic shooters to weekend hunters.

Our business has grown in recent years, and because of that, we needed to expand production in our U.S facility, located in Accokeek, just outside of Washington, D.C., in the Maryland suburbs.

Unfortunately, as we were planning that expansion, Maryland’s governor and legislature voted in favor of new regulations that unfairly attack products we make and that our customers want.

These regulations also demean our law-abiding customers, who must now be fingerprinted like criminals before they can be allowed to purchase one of our products.

We have seen these types of legislative proposals in Maryland before, and they never seem to reduce crime. Maybe this is because the proponents of such legislation blame the product instead of human misconduct.’

But in any event, because of these new restrictions and the pattern of harassment aimed at lawful firearm owners we have seen in Maryland over the decades, we decided to expand our facilities in a state that shows more respect for citizens who exercise their Second Amendment rights.

We chose Tennessee for our new facility expansion. Our plans for that location are extensive and long-lasting.

We chose Tennessee because the governor and legislators in that state understand what it means to support businesses (such as through job recruitment and training programs) that improve employment in the state without treating companies as a necessary evil.

We chose Tennessee also because the vast majority of its residents and their elected officials have shown that they respect and honor the American tradition of personal freedoms, including the right to bear arms.
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 04:37:58 PM »

Well, I'm glad they kept their principles and followed through on their threat to move if these laws were passed. Unfortunately, it will probably have little effect on the State of Maryland. Until we have more people voting Republican to even up the numbers in the Legislature we will continue to have one party rule. I would much rather see a gridlocked government where only the most important subjects get passed then a one party system where ALL of the garbage gets passed ALL of the time. Eventually, there won't be enough people left in the State who actually do something to support all of the rest who do nothing, the tipping point is close.
As a side note - my local gun shop closed up about two weeks ago because of all of the added [curd].
Grizzly36

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 08:18:08 AM »

Very well put together statement from Beretta.

Trips              
Bushels          
Traps            
Trotline      
Crabs picked
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home