December 10, 2019, 04:03:17 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navesink/Shrewbury vs Barnegat Bay  (Read 8178 times)
Capt. Frank
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 09:09:36 AM »

EXACTLY!

If the Navasink or Barny crabs were lethal, I would have been dead years ago.  I think people take too much concern about this.  If you enjoy eating them, then eat them.  I am sure you put much more harmful things into your body without even noticing it.. If eating too many crabs kill you, at least you die happy.. lol

Capt. Frank
"HEAT SEEKER"
Chief Instructor
  NJBoatingCollege.Com
  (201) 716-2883 NJ Classes
  (212) 465-3992 NY Classes
  "We teach.  NOT just read to you."
jrccrab
Lifetime Member

Crabbing...Oh Yeah

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 01:25:59 PM »

If the Navasink or Barny crabs were lethal, I would have been dead years ago.  I think people take too much concern about this.  If you enjoy eating them, then eat them.  I am sure you put much more harmful things into your body without even noticing it.. If eating too many crabs kill you, at least you die happy.. lol
Yeah but do we need to add to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Huh Huh
jrccrab
Lifetime Member

Crabbing...Oh Yeah

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 01:41:14 PM »

You feel free to crunch on a crab that just picked a "Tan*** apart...JUST SAYING WE ALL NEED TO TAKE ACTION BEFORE IT'S TO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just my 2-cents.
Luna Sea 3

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2014, 02:12:52 PM »

You feel free to crunch on a crab that just picked a "Tan*** apart...JUST SAYING WE ALL NEED TO TAKE ACTION BEFORE IT'S TO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just my 2-cents.
I agree with you.. Not sure where I stated that I would like to add to the problem.. I am all for the environment and keeping our waters clean for our kids.  I have a 7,6,and 5 year old, so I personally want them to enjoy the water as much as I did growing up.

My point.. I grew up eating crabs in the Barny bay, then 12 years had my boat in AH marine and crabbed the Navi and schrew, and ate a ton of crabs.. I am as healthy as an ox.. 

I don't want to live my life in fear nor do I want to live my life in fear about eating my favorite food, crabs. 

just live life, enjoy what you do.. the worrying is what is going to poisen and kill you.. it called stress..

Luna Sea 5
VHF 68/72
[email protected]
jrccrab
Lifetime Member

Crabbing...Oh Yeah

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2014, 02:47:06 PM »

Really  Huh so guess two wrongs make a right? So should I stress on my family stepping on syringes....dam straight i would.....Want my kids to have a better future as we see it now.... yeah!!!

« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:16:02 PM by jrccrab » Logged

jrccrab
Lifetime Member

Crabbing...Oh Yeah

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2014, 02:49:32 PM »

Really  Huh so guess two wrongs make a right? Should I stress on my family stepping on syringes....dam straight i do worry...walk the beach?
Luna Sea 3

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2014, 09:50:25 PM »

Really  Huh so guess two wrongs make a right? Should I stress on my family stepping on syringes....dam straight i do worry...walk the beach?

I don't quite understand what you are saying.. I NEVER said to dirty NJ waters.  I am all for keeping our air and water clean.. What I am saying is.. I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO EAT THE CRABS FROM EITHER LOCATION..   Your argument doesn't match my respond..

Luna Sea 5
VHF 68/72
[email protected]
jrccrab
Lifetime Member

Crabbing...Oh Yeah

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2014, 01:19:19 PM »

I don't quite understand what you are saying.. I NEVER said to dirty NJ waters.  I am all for keeping our air and water clean.. What I am saying is.. I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO EAT THE CRABS FROM EITHER LOCATION..   Your argument doesn't match my respond..

Sorry, maybe took it out of context ...just saying we need cleaner waters....That's all.
Capt. Frank
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2014, 09:57:33 AM »

Sounds like a tarpaper shack in Montana sending out video tape bombs to the polluters may be the only escape? Smiley

When was the last time you seen saw a syringe?  Seriously.   Why do you think that gets so much press- because it happened 3 times a week.

Likely NO one this board is dumping.   The industry that NJ and NY had in the 1970's and before is ALL gone.  So the big hitters are all dead.  Spend enough time on the water and you have seen DRASTIC changes since the 1980's.  I've run charters out of Belmar since the 1980 thru 1990's and run a Sea Tow boat from the GW Bridge to Old Bridge and offshore.    The press stirred "sky is falling" mentaility is VERY misplaced.  

Spending time on the water is enlightening.  I grew up in Elizabeth and know the 1960's on the Arthur Kill.   Just observe.  Just keep observing.  You don't need a weatherman to tell you its raining on you.  There's been a universe of positive difference.  Ever see sea horses in Shark River?  Black Drum caught in Raritan Bay?  Seen jumping sturgeon in Sandy Hook Bay.  Pods of purpoises  in The Navesink spending the summer there.    Remember global warming is not global cleaning.  This happens for a reason....

As Lunasea points out, stuff will happen.  Ever hear of the Red Tide and what it does.  That's natural and kills everything- who's to blame?

Constipated with press initiated fear sells papers and a [curd] life for absolute believers.   Compare what you see.  The good old days happened way before our great grand parents were born.

Really  Huh so guess two wrongs make a right? So should I stress on my family stepping on syringes....dam straight i would.....Want my kids to have a better future as we see it now.... yeah!!!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 09:39:44 AM by Capt. Frank » Logged

Capt. Frank
"HEAT SEEKER"
Chief Instructor
  NJBoatingCollege.Com
  (201) 716-2883 NJ Classes
  (212) 465-3992 NY Classes
  "We teach.  NOT just read to you."
jrccrab
Lifetime Member

Crabbing...Oh Yeah

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2014, 01:26:30 PM »

Sounds like a tarpaper shack in Montana sending out video tape bombs to the polluters may be the only escape? Smiley

When was the last time you seen saw a syringe?  Seriously.   Why do you think that gets so much press- because it happened 3 times a week.

Likely NO one this board is dumping.   The industry that NJ and NY had in the 1970's and before is ALL gone.  So the big hitters are all dead.  Spend enough time on the water and you have seen DRASTIC changes since the 1980's.  I've run charters out of Belmar since the 1980 thru 1990's and run a Sea Tow boat from the GW Bridge to Old Bridge and offshore.    The press stirred "sky is falling" mentaility is VERY misplaced.  

Spending time on the water is enlightening.  I grew up in Elizabeth and know the 1960's on the Arthur Kill.   Just observe.  Just keep observing.  You don't need a weatherman to tell you its raining on you.  There's been a universe of positive difference.  Every see sea horses in Shark River?  Black Drum caught in Raritan Bay?  Seen jumping sturgeon in Sandy Hook Bay.  Pods of purpoises  in The Navesink spending the summer there.    Remember global warming is not global cleaning.  This happens for a reason....

As Lunasea points out, stuff will happen.  Ever hear of the Red Tide and what it does.  That's natural and kills everything- who's to blame?

Constipated with press initiated fear sells papers and a [curd] life for absolute believers.   Compare what you see.  The good old days happened way before our great grand parents were born.

Luna Sea 3

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2014, 02:33:49 PM »

Actually the water has been much cleaner of late.  You can tell by the different species that are now entering out water system.  Look as the abundance of blow fish that used to be here in the 70's.. the water got polluted and they vanished.. The past few years they are coming back full force.  Look at the dolphin that are around us as well.

If there is some pollutant around, we can blame super storm sandy for that, but that was out of our control.

All for all, I have seen a great improvement. 

Luna Sea 5
VHF 68/72
[email protected]om

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home