October 18, 2018, 07:41:57 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 winter crab dredge report  (Read 2645 times)
polar express

Ignore
« on: April 20, 2014, 11:18:27 AM »

Living in pa. I don't get newspaper reports from Md. dnr. went to web site but no report on there. was told report is out. Any news?
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 11:49:39 AM »

It's out, but not released to the public yet..Last year it was released April 19th...Maybe when the state gets done with manipulating the numbers they'll post em this coming week... Wink
polar express

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 12:30:23 PM »

thank you. I'm sure it will say whatever they think it should, I wish there were more waterman employed by dnr, then we could get some real knowledge about how to protect the bay and the wild life in it
Big Liar

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »

I was told that you are not allowed to hold commercial license if you work for the DNR any longer.  They advertised for a job that I was qualified for but was told that I would have to sell my license if I were to get the job.  I decided to not apply.

Just one of the few bad apples that keeps wizzing in the MSSA's and TF's milk.  Not because I have violations (because I don't'), but because I'm catching the resources that they claim to own and have more rights to.
cullermagic

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 04:28:31 PM »

It's out, but not released to the public yet..Last year it was released April 19th...Maybe when the state gets done with manipulating the numbers they'll post em this coming week... Wink
  2thumbsup 2thumbsup

It's not the size of the wand, it's the magic thats in it

CrabbyFrank

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 08:55:36 PM »

I was told that you are not allowed to hold commercial license if you work for the DNR any longer.  They advertised for a job that I was qualified for but was told that I would have to sell my license if I were to get the job.  I decided to not apply.
Sell it to your wife, if married. If not, to your mom or dad! Not sure if it would work, but worth a try!
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 07:34:28 AM »

What are they afraid of a conflict of intrest?Huh? I bet [dang] well there are a good number of sport fishermen employed there so the rule should be if you hold a comm lic. or a sportfishing lic you can't work there.Man they must really HATE comm fishermen.
reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 08:40:23 AM »

I was told that you are not allowed to hold commercial license if you work for the DNR any longer.  They advertised for a job that I was qualified for but was told that I would have to sell my license if I were to get the job.  I decided to not apply.

One of the reasons was the stealing of rockfish a few years ago.
Turns out, one of the rockfish allocations that were involved, belonged to a DNR employee. Her boyfriend had leased the license from her. He was sentenced to 13 months in federal prison.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:45:40 AM by reds » Logged
soggybottomboyz

Obama STILL SUCKS

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 08:57:54 AM »

Nice!!

"I am the reason there is a daily limit and I do not use orange plastic baskets ALL the time".

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home