December 01, 2021, 03:53:55 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Public piers in and around Carolina Beach  (Read 9350 times)
PorkRoll

Ignore
« on: May 08, 2014, 09:12:15 AM »

Morning folks.   I am down at CB with the family this week and would love to show the in-laws the fun of sitting around and crabbing all day. Any idea where I can go around here?   I have drop lines and traps, but no boat. 
Thanks. 
Chris.
saxon4646

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 12:02:45 PM »

There is a road ( river road ) on the mainland side of the Snow's cut bridge. Follow that road approx 4-5 miles and there is a public park on the river with a dock that you can crab off of. Also- there is some bank access there as well that is good.
PorkRoll

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 10:12:57 AM »

Thanks for the location, went out this morning, caught nothing but had fun.   
saxon4646

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 12:21:11 PM »

I'm very sorry to hear that and certainly did not mean to mis-lead you. I have been there several times before and have done quite well. I haven't been this year to that place. I mainly crab at Topsail/ Surf City. I'll be there this evening until Monday- crabbing- fishing.
PorkRoll

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 12:27:53 PM »

No worries,like I said I had fun.  You going to the pier on River Road tonight?   We might try again.
Chris

PorkRoll

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 07:47:51 AM »

If anyone is looking for any other places on Carolina Beach, head down to Kure Beach to the old Army/Air Force reserve base, Fort Fisher.  There is a public pier that is pretty good there for crabbing and fishing.
Chris
saxon4646

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 05:43:52 AM »

I was at Topsail/ Surf City over the weekend and ended up with 94 keepers in 3 days. I was not off of a pier or dock. I set out 12 crab pots.
vinny536

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 07:47:44 PM »

If anyone is looking for any other places on Carolina Beach, head down to Kure Beach to the old Army/Air Force reserve base, Fort Fisher.  There is a public pier that is pretty good there for crabbing and fishing.
Chris

Is that place open to the general public? It's not strictly for military personnel?
cgroman

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 12:22:01 PM »

Hi I am new to Wilmington NC area i will be visiting my son  is it still crabbing season in Oct- & Nov 2014 ? are there a limit number of traps i can set out? and if ANY One knows of a local pier or off the road spot Please advise I will be going alone and would love to cook some crabs for my son while i am visiting Thank you in advance for your reply. Gina R. PS: I did get a NC fishing License. but i have no boat so I need a pier fishing spot :-)
saxon4646

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 12:56:06 PM »

The same place mentioned about should still have some crabsd around. I think if your using the colapsible traps that your unlimited as to how many you can use. If the boat ramp is not crowded at Snow's Cut- you might try there or close to there if people are launching. Also- if you don't mind riding to Fort Fisher- you can try all around there near that boat ramp and not have to worry about much current at all.

cgroman

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 05:52:00 PM »

thank you So much for your reply.  only one question? you say the same placed mentioned? what place is that? I must be missing something? any how thank you so much for your time your reply made me smile, Have a wonderful weekend. Gina R.
saxon4646

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 08:43:26 AM »

The place mentioned above was the public park off of River road which is about 4 miles from the Snow's cut bridge. If you google map it- it will show you the road and the park there. There is a canoe / kayak launch area there unless they have improved it in the past several years. There was a small pier there with good crabbing and also along the bank- its pretty deep in places and those are good. With these cooler nights they may have moved out some but I would think there should still be some around + the mosquitos hopefully aren't bad. Pray for a little breeze as the no-see-ums can be awful there at times

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home