November 20, 2018, 08:29:50 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Areas near Camden NC?  (Read 1397 times)
Travis F

Ignore
« on: May 18, 2014, 05:03:30 PM »

I live in Camden and am looking for a place to go crabbing that is open to the public.  I have rode down to Short Trap in Camden, its near the Albemarle sound and have found where Frog Island Seafood is off of Sailboat Rd.  The road dead ends into the sound, does anyone know if that is private land or is it some where I can take my kids and spend some time with them showing them how to catch with a line and net?  I haven't seen any signs prohibiting me from being there but I'm skeptical to take my kids down there.
Milty_NC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 05:34:56 PM »

There are 2 public piers on the Camden causeway,  between the pelican marina and the causeway marina. The one on the South side of the road is clearly visible from the road, the one on the North side is back in the woods. You could also use the pier at the end of 1 Mill Rd, some people will try to tell you it is private property but the county bought it and is planning to build a park there.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:36:31 PM by Milty_NC » Logged
Travis F

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 05:47:56 PM »

Awesome, thanks for the information!  I haven't been down to 1 Mill Rd but I'll check it out.  Maybe you can answer another question for me.  I have a couple of pots and have read up on the Residential Commercial license.  If I wanted to put those out off of the shore would that be a problem or do I have to go out a certain amount of distance?  I've sent an email off to the fisheries people but haven't heard back from them.
Milty_NC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 07:58:22 PM »

If you have a Recreational Commercial Gear License, I doubt it would be a problem to set your 5 pots from shore, but be sure they still have the pink floats. If you do not have a Recreational Commercial Gear License, you can only set a single pot from property that you own.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home