October 27, 2021, 03:29:40 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help in OBX please  (Read 1816 times)
Kodiesgrampy

Ignore
« on: June 10, 2014, 08:14:54 PM »

We are down for our annual vacation, went out twice so far this week, yesterday under bridge at Roanoke sound today Mattamuskeet, logged lots of hours had lots of fun, but not many crabs.  I'm running out of time and my daughter is running out of patients, any "where to go advice" would be more than appreciated
saxon4646

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 07:53:47 AM »

There is a boat ramp in downtown Manteo that has a dock area where you could crab at. Also under the HIGH RISE bridge going from Manteo to Wanchese there is a boat ramp with alot of pier/ walkway areas that may be good for crabbing. Also- there is a ditch beside the road leading to the ramp that should hold some crabs. Hope this helps.
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 10:32:15 PM »

If at Mattmuskeet lodge, try the new boat dock/ramp and area around it, then down to a place called waupoppin canal, it's a dirt gravel road but that area back there is pretty good too. On a note, must try it from first light 5:30 to about 10am, those hours seem to work the best.

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home