October 21, 2021, 07:37:29 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: crab help for newbee disabled vet  (Read 1537 times)
aprrob1

Ignore
« on: July 01, 2014, 05:00:08 PM »

I'm heading to the obx the last week in august. i'm staying at a house in southern shores. this will be my first vacation in 12 years due to being in the army, deployments, and hospitals. yada yada yada. I was recently medically retired due to combat wounds. I would like any kind of assistance for crabbing close to southern shores that would not be too physical since I am disabled and i have small children as well, so easy for me and the kids, fairly easy access, and fairly close to southern shores. This will be our first time to the obx so any other tips would be welcomed as well. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. thanks again. If I can't get any luck on the crabs does anyone know anyone that i can buy some good quality crabs from. thanks
Rob

oops accidently posted in reports
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 05:03:29 PM by aprrob1 » Logged
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 07:13:11 PM »

Try genecrabman from this forum, he's around OBX >> OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469   He is better acknowledged in that field for that area.

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
g7evans

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 08:27:36 PM »

For purchasing crabs def call gene the crabman as stated above

If you want to try and catch them yourself you can try the bulkhead at collington harbour (down by the wright brothers memorial) or go a little further and take the bridge towards manteo. Once over the bridge turn left at the light and go back. There is lots a room to crab back there.

Good luck and thanks for your service!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home