November 13, 2018, 03:10:19 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Big Slow-Down on the East Coast  (Read 2468 times)
masspi

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2014, 03:19:09 PM »

Just to spur some debate, I wonder how many of you see global warming/Global cooling as the cause of smaller and less crabs this year.  I have my own thoughts as I have watched the cyclic rate of reproduction of harvestable crabs change from year to year.  The alarmists are saying it is Global Warming.........the realists are saying it is just a cyclic change due to Hurricanes, cold temperatures, ice covering, etc. that are just seasonable.  No females, ban all crabbing, put in place a moratorium.  I have seen it all over the years and I am convinced that you can't couple the low incidents of bountiful crabs to anything else but "it is just one of those down years".  Many things have happened to cause the lower than usual takes this year.  I have seen it happen at least 7 times, maybe 8 times over the years when it was almost impossible to take home dinner, never mind a bushel.

For you people who are serious about crabbing, what are your thoughts HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh
skiff1700

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 08:54:20 AM »

well, its not global warming,
Luna Sea 3

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 09:06:21 AM »

the crabbing in NJ by me has finally caught up to just about expectations for this time of year.  The bay is 82 degrees.  The biggest issue we have is the south wind that cooled off the ocean about 20 degrees last week and shut the fishing part down pretty good.  The ocean temp doesn't change the bay temp to much and since the crabbing is done in the bay, the temp of the water isn't making any difference.  In my opinion, it is only hurting the fishing part that is done on the ocean side.  On a different note though, the cold water is keeping the colder water fish around a little longer.  Summer Fluke came to a halt but the seabass and ling fishing is holding its own

Luna Sea 5
VHF 68/72
[email protected]
dfran
In Memoriam 07/2017

Labs Rule !!!!!! Crabs ain't bad either !!!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 05:02:58 PM »

Just to spur some debate, I wonder how many of you see global warming/Global cooling as the cause of smaller and less crabs this year.  I have my own thoughts as I have watched the cyclic rate of reproduction of harvestable crabs change from year to year.  The alarmists are saying it is Global Warming.........the realists are saying it is just a cyclic change due to Hurricanes, cold temperatures, ice covering, etc. that are just seasonable.  No females, ban all crabbing, put in place a moratorium.  I have seen it all over the years and I am convinced that you can't couple the low incidents of bountiful crabs to anything else but "it is just one of those down years".  Many things have happened to cause the lower than usual takes this year.  I have seen it happen at least 7 times, maybe 8 times over the years when it was almost impossible to take home dinner, never mind a bushel.

For you people who are serious about crabbing, what are your thoughts HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

Global warming's a Crock of [shiz]!!!
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 05:42:06 PM »

the crabbing in NJ by me has finally caught up to just about expectations for this time of year.  The bay is 82 degrees.  The biggest issue we have is the south wind that cooled off the ocean about 20 degrees last week and shut the fishing part down pretty good.  The ocean temp doesn't change the bay temp to much and since the crabbing is done in the bay, the temp of the water isn't making any difference.  In my opinion, it is only hurting the fishing part that is done on the ocean side.  On a different note though, the cold water is keeping the colder water fish around a little longer.  Summer Fluke came to a halt but the seabass and ling fishing is holding its own

I'm curious, how does a south wind cool off the ocean?

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 11:50:21 PM »

Did you even remember winter and spring this year.. Not so warm . Lol

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: